Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

GMP 5-inch Nel Coil...WOW!!!! GAME ON!!! 1/22/14 Video Added

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: GMP 5-inch Nel Coil...WOW!!!! GAME ON!!! 1/22/14 Video Added
January 25, 2014 04:29AM
Americas Most wanted..

My wife said get that off there..... LOL!!

Keith
January 25, 2014 02:45PM
Ok Keith I understand you on it not being a job!! Maybe they could put you on their test team at least.
January 25, 2014 03:35PM
make a test of thin gold chain 0.75 - 1.1 grams then we'll see
January 25, 2014 06:20PM
why dont YOU Denari?? Maybe its the language barrier, but you always come off so demanding.
January 25, 2014 11:51PM
Keith, has anyone ever told you that you look like Cliff Clavin on Cheers? Just joking

Tom in SC
January 26, 2014 07:38PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you got paid for it Morgan it would be like a
> Job then ....
>
> I already have a Job !!
>
> I want to enjoy my time when im not at my JOB!!!
>
> Everything detecting brings me solace and that's
> my reward!!
>
>
> Hey Aaron and Goldman you must of missed my
> mugshot on here earlier in the year LOL!!!
>
> [www.dankowskidetectors.com]
> .php?2,47867,48025#msg-48025
>
>
>
> Keith

LOL Keith I did.
February 22, 2014 09:03PM
Well, only a month after we talked about it, someone has plucked up the courage to have a crack at making a small Deus coil. Hat's off to Henrikras, who's got a coil, and is dismantling it ready for some reverse engineering and re-building. Needless to say, I'm contributing my bit to the project, even though I don't have a Deus.
The project is on Geotech1:
[www.geotech1.com]
Quote: "I just found a 11x13" second hand coil 130 Euros. The project is started."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2014 02:55AM by Pimento.
February 23, 2014 12:32AM
Sounds cool!
Thanks
February 23, 2014 02:45AM
Thanks for the link Pimento...

The DEUS could do very well with a small 5 incher or so...

Keith
February 23, 2014 01:00PM
Anyone ever used the 5" Nel on a Fisher F75?
How does it compare to the stock 5" coil?
February 23, 2014 08:13PM
As always good videos Keith.

Would you know if the if the nel sharp 5" coil is any good on the tejon.... Not sure whether to go with the tesoro 5.75 coil or nels sharp.

Reduced my name from ziggyjinx to ziggy as I couldn't log on... Maybe because I ain't posted in a while.
February 23, 2014 09:01PM
Hey Ziggy...

Well just my point of view but the tesoro 5.75 coil is a very well built coil and lighter than the NEL 5....

actually the 5.75 coil has seriuos depth about it from tesoro on the Tejon..

the main reason I enjoy the 5 inch NEL is becasue the GMP does not have a 5 Inch size coil from the factory.........

but when comparing it to other 5 inch coils say the FT line the NEL is built a bit better but it does not perform better... not as tight but a ted bitv deeper...
But the cost Vs the FT 5 coil is like $100.00 Vs $150.00 so it may be no brainer to some...yet I like the tightness of the FT 5 so I will pay the extra 50.00 for it...

But on the Tejon their coils are not high there built as weel as the NEL and the separate very well. so in my opinion I would take a Tesoro 5.75...Its built here inthe States and warranty work would be easier...

Use whats advantagous to you ....If cost is an advantage keep that in mind.. if its a size the factory does not make keep that in mind.. if it out performs the factory coil in an aspect or two keep that in mind...

Just my opinion..

Keith
February 24, 2014 03:43AM
Thanks again for all the testing and videos Keith.

Maybe you've already answered this question, but now that the GMP has a 5" NEL coil, how would you compare it to the LTD SE w the 5" stock coil, IRT separation, depth ect.?

Thanks

Aaron
February 24, 2014 03:55AM
I dont see no advantge of the 5 inch on the GMP Vs 9 inch on the GMP if its just nails....The 9 inch unmask that good...

if its larger iron then of course the 5 inch can peek in between the larger iron better....

But to compare the 5 inch NEL on the GMP to the 5 inch FT coil on the S.E./LTD is no contest.the 5" FT coupled with BP mode is in a leauge of its own in terms of unmasking At depth......

In the first 4-5 inches the GMP is the best yet both will find targets behind the other in that layer.. but on the deepies the BP mode and small coil is like no other with the ability to say see between the nails in the 8 inch range or more at times...astonishing to say the least...

What I notice is if its a site I have really worked on with other top end unmasker's and done alot of exploratory digs and target chasing then the GMP will find target's but not alot in that top layer but still target's all the same and thats amazing......But if its the same site I can see quite a few more targets come to light at depth with BP 5 inch coil because thats unchartered areas for the most part...

I still see the GMP as a site top layer machine....I see the S.E. BP as that an also a machne than can give depth in iorn other cant...

Keith
February 24, 2014 04:26AM
It's funny how the LTD, after all these years is still right up there w the best.

Thanks again
Aaron
February 27, 2014 05:41AM
Hi Keith, You mentioned that you wouldn't have gotten a clear signal on the brass item in your GMP-5"NEL video if you had the sensitivity cranked up all the way. Do you think that keeping the sense at 1/2, or less than maximum, carries over to unmasking with other detectors such as the F75 or GBPro? Thanks for your great curiosity, Joel
February 27, 2014 06:15PM
Actually the hotter I run a F75 or t2 or G2 in iron the better my results..

but they are a different platform...

Keith
April 13, 2014 01:32PM
Just an update: Henrik successfully built his small Deus coil. Due to lack of off-the-shelf cases, it ended up as a 7 x 5 elliptic in shape, but it seems his 'iron patch' wasn't that intense, so a smaller coil probably wasn't needed.
[www.geotech1.com]
April 13, 2014 02:39PM
I'm taking the GMP out to the old farm site today for the first time, I have the 5" nel coil but I'm gonna try the XP 5x9" and see what happens in the heavy iron.

Aaron