Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Dangerous Times

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Dangerous Times
August 02, 2011 04:10PM
That's Weiner,,,,what a TOOL.

Geeeeez...gold up $22.00 and silver $1.00
No wonder I love water hunting so much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2011 04:12PM by Aaron.
August 02, 2011 10:26PM
Major malfunction. Economic fiat collapse.

A ounce of gold is a ounce of gold..........whether it is a 2000 year-old ounce....or a 2 year old ounce. It is still the same 'ounce'. Gold is gold.......nothing has changed... in regards to the actual metal. We see the entire economic world 'change' around it.........yet........"it" does not change. ((( Does that tell/teach you something??? ... Is this a 'clue'??? ))).
August 03, 2011 12:28AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rather eye-opening.
>
> ......In the youtube clip............who's the guy
> in the background that is sleeping (next to the
> pretty girl)?

her husband! she kept him up all night! heh! heh! heh!
August 03, 2011 12:34AM
FloridaBob Wrote:
> You can look up that kid's salary here:
>
> [www.legistorm.com]
>
> Most Congressional House Staffers I have had
> dealings with are in their 20s. Senate Staffers
> tend to be a bit more senior, 30s+. Committee
> staffers run the gamut in age. Typically they
> are hired because they just got a 4 year degree in
> Political Science, Journalism, History etc. and
> have found a tough time (really?) getting work.
> Oh...usually Mommy or Daddy has been a campaign
> contributor as well and so a favor is "owed" and
> they are hired. So after a few years experience
> they try and move up the DC power ladder....staff
> to a more powerful Congressman, a more powerful
> Committee and then when the tide turns (boss or
> party loses election) they enter the private
> sector with a black book of names and numbers to
> call and "get things done". This is how you get
> things done...hire those who know the right people
> and get it done! Let me be clear about
> this......STAFFERS make the opinions, make the
> decisions, make the choices...make the DEALS. The
> Congressmen have zero time to study anything in
> depth and their opinion is based on the work of a
> staffer and the staffer's recommendation. That's
> why you always see the Congressmen surrounded by
> 20-something year olds with iPhone and note
> pad...........like small puppies keeping up with
> the big dog. And that my friends is how Congress
> really works.
>
> Oh...and next time you call or write Congress (as
> the President asked you to do) about an issue that
> really matters to you...........you can be sure
> that the 22 year old taking your call is VERY
> concerned about what your feelings are. "Thank
> you for calling...I will be sure that Congressman
> Joe Blow gets your message". .......oh...and I
> have some very dry land to sell to you here in
> Florida.

this is correct,and the "main" reason why, when i call my senator.or representative,i 'specifically" ask for
him/'her and always get the "aid",leave the concern with the aid,realizing i just wasted my time!
very disconcerting,and frustrating as hell, but true nevertheless!
August 03, 2011 09:33PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Major malfunction. Economic fiat collapse.
>
And to make matters worse, oil has become directly tied to the value of the dollar.
If oil and gas prices goes up, then it has the effect of making the dollar worth less (less buying power).
We really need to return to reality, forget about global warming, going green and the rest of that nonsense about running out of oil.
And start drilling wherever we can.
Used to if oil was spewing or seeping out of the ground...it made people happy.
Now....someone will want to call the govt. and report an environmental accident.
How can what is taken out of the ground contaminate the earth as long as it isn't concentrated in any one place?
Strange how someone once said, say something often enough...even if isn't true and people will start to believe it like it is fact.
There is way too much bs coming out Washington and liberal idiots' mouths.
August 04, 2011 02:08AM
Agree. And I'm a large proponent of Nuclear power. What do we do with nuclear waste? ....... Put it back in the Earth where it came from! Prefer...after it's cycled through a few half-life uses.
August 04, 2011 02:57AM
Eco-freaks will find a way to mess up anything.
That crazy stupid woman back in the early 60s wrote a book about DDT and supposedly all its evils.
She didn't have a shred of evidence yet somehow the public got scared about it and it was banned from use here in the States.
This was the roots to all this global green junk we have today.
Only the misuse use of it was made it unsafe

Yeah, I am for nuclear power too but once again the tree huggers try to scare everyone about how unsafe it is to use.

Like they have about developing more pipelines in Alaska....there is some lame excuse about supposedly it will impact wildlife.
I've got a thought...they want to go green...then they need to move out in the woods....leave their homes, cars, computers
and all the rest behind....they shouldn't depend on any modern convenience....so maybe they should strip off their clothes also
since fossil fuels were used to produce them.
Now that's going green....anything less is hypocrisy.
If they have their way, they will send us back to the horse and buggy days.
August 07, 2011 01:36AM
Steve(MS) Wrote:
> Eco-freaks will find a way to mess up anything.
> That crazy stupid woman back in the early 60s
> wrote a book about DDT and supposedly all its
> evils.
> She didn't have a shred of evidence yet somehow
> the public got scared about it and it was banned
> from use here in the States.
> This was the roots to all this global green junk
> we have today.
> Only the misuse use of it was made it unsafe
>
> Yeah, I am for nuclear power too but once again
> the tree huggers try to scare everyone about how
> unsafe it is to use.
>
> Like they have about developing more pipelines in
> Alaska....there is some lame excuse about
> supposedly it will impact wildlife.
> I've got a thought...they want to go green...then
> they need to move out in the woods....leave their
> homes, cars, computers
> and all the rest behind....they shouldn't depend
> on any modern convenience....so maybe they should
> strip off their clothes also
> since fossil fuels were used to produce them.
> Now that's going green....anything less is
> hypocrisy.
> If they have their way, they will send us back to
> the horse and buggy days.

Yeah and DDT nearly exterminated the Bald Eagle and the Calif. Condor and would have if it were not banned.
August 07, 2011 05:25AM
What you read and what the truth is about this may not be the same.
Yet the purpose of the post is to show how we hear reports of sometimes supposed "science" is the final answer.
There are many times written as well as aired info that states something like this "scientists say".
Almost always there is no reference to any involved study IRT this.
So we are to accept it blindly without questioning whether it is true or not.
This gets into social and philosophical so called science, in other words, it may not empirical.
Science that is not empirical is not true science.
There have been an increasing number of pesticides that are/were banned not because they were
necessarily harmful but because of politics.
One of the most powerful insecticides, chlordane, was banned even though it has not been found to be that dangerous.
I personally know a "bug" man that applied it under houses for many years, he told me he was soaked in it on a regular
basis....he is in his late 70's and still in good health.
He related to me he was part of a study...they drew his blood and did tests...this was before it was banned.
It is a long story which I will reframe from retelling here but this should be enough info.
Pesticides kill things thereby making them potentially dangerous.
So is driving a car yet I don't see a ban on driving autos.
BTW, unless just very recently stopped.....DDT was/is still exported from US to other countries.
It works for sure, perhaps too good for too cheap a price....maybe that will give you a hint.
August 07, 2011 03:01PM
I had stocked up on a bunch of tubes of a certain Ant-killer. I cannot remember what name it was, but it was a white crystal type of substance..

Well it got banned in the late 90's. When my brother found out about my "stash" he informed me that it was worth a good deal of money because it was no longer available, and it worked like gang busters. I sold him all I had.
August 07, 2011 07:50PM
Yeah, I started to mention that ant killer but have forgot its name.
That is another good example.....CRS still has its hold on me, can't remember the name.
Maybe it was an earlier fire ant killer I am thinking about, whatever it was, it worked really good.

I knew 2 different guys that worked for agri-chemical companies.
Both told me that when a chemical patent was about to expire, many times the chemical company that owned the patent would
lobby congress to get it banned so that the "new" chemical replacement with a new patent could take its place.
August 07, 2011 10:06PM
Without taking sides, I think it's safe to say that Business as Usual is Over.

Collectively it's Time to move on, and with our Hearts and Minds...

I liken what is happening now on this planet to a baby being born. All around things look bad. The comforts we new are gone. There is no turning back. But ahead lies a new life...
We'll get there together.

Steve(MS) Wrote:
> NASA-Tom Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Major malfunction. Economic fiat collapse.
> >
> And to make matters worse, oil has become directly
> tied to the value of the dollar.
> If oil and gas prices goes up, then it has the
> effect of making the dollar worth less (less
> buying power).
> We really need to return to reality, forget about
> global warming, going green and the rest of that
> nonsense about running out of oil.
> And start drilling wherever we can.
> Used to if oil was spewing or seeping out of the
> ground...it made people happy.
> Now....someone will want to call the govt. and
> report an environmental accident.
> How can what is taken out of the ground
> contaminate the earth as long as it isn't
> concentrated in any one place?
> Strange how someone once said, say something often
> enough...even if isn't true and people will start
> to believe it like it is fact.
> There is way too much bs coming out Washington and
> liberal idiots' mouths.
August 08, 2011 02:58AM
Diazinon. Or something similar.
August 08, 2011 02:40PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> I'm watching that gold price VERY closely (and
> silver). Stunning; yet, the price in a few months
> may have us thinking that $1600 and $40 'was'
> cheap.

No surprise here. Gold cleared $1700 today.

To say the following news is huge is an understatement. This has to concern China as well of course and considering what is happening in Europe with Italy, Spain and Greece, this doesn't bode well. This can start or rather continue the open floodgates:

From BBC
US loses AAA credit rating after S&P downgrade
One of the world's leading credit rating agencies, Standard & Poor's, has downgraded the United States' top-notch AAA rating for the first time ever.

snippet - Correspondents say the downgrade could erode investors' confidence in the world's largest economy.

It is already struggling with huge debts, unemployment of 9.1% and fears of a possible double-dip recession.

The downgrade is a major embarrassment for the administration of President Barack Obama and could raise the cost of US government borrowing.

This in turn could trickle down to higher interest rates for local governments and individuals.
August 08, 2011 07:14PM
"Yeah and DDT nearly exterminated the Bald Eagle and the Calif. Condor and would have if it were not banned."

DDT had no effect on birds and is actually a very cheap and safe pesticide. It was often used with organic phosphates (nerve gas), which were not so safe - but to kill off resistant pests the insecticides were alternated each season. With DDT banned, all there was left was the organic phosphates - not as effective, more expensive, and far more dangerous.

DDT was the first victim of left-wing environmental ideology and the EPA's political agenda - non-science nonsense. With DDT banned in 1972 in many countries, the mosquitos could not be effectively controlled - at the cost of tens of millions of lives, mostly children. For the sake of feeling good about saving the bald eagle and fish, which were not threatened by DDT, the political left's do-gooder policies, just like other failed global fears: global cooling, global warming, global climate change, ozone holes, over population scares, etc. ignorance, stupidity, and money are combined in a dangerous combination. The outcome is wasted efforts, wasted money, and in some cases world-wide genocide.
August 08, 2011 08:16PM
I am not going to take a political side...........but DDT would be real useful right now for controlling the ever growing bedbug problem in hotels/motels of the United States. It is about the only truly effective agent to control them.
August 09, 2011 01:07AM
Why is it that so many people think they are smarter than mother nature? I guess they think the world was made only for people and to hell with all other life. All life was came from the same creator.
August 09, 2011 01:33AM
The creator told man to be fruitfull, fill the Earth, and subdue it.

There you go.
August 09, 2011 02:09AM
Yes............ gold is at a all-time historical high...... and growing at a rate that is unsurpassed.

And if gold-vs-silver is 1700:38

and last month .. it was

1600:40

poses interesting divergence concern.

Multiple 'warnings'.
August 09, 2011 04:44AM
Hobo Wrote:
> Why is it that so many people think they are
> smarter than mother nature? I guess they think the
> world was made only for people and to hell with
> all other life. All life was came from the same
> creator.

Do you really think the govt, tree huggers and false science proponents are really that concerned about spotted owls and such?
All their motives are based on power grabbing and gouging consumers any way they can.
Do you only get religious when it comes to your perception of saving animal life, other than human?
I've got a strong feeling eagles and the other animals almost became extinct for the same reason
bison and jaguars outwest.....too many getting shot at...maybe the eagles were perching on powerlines?
Maybe powerlines should be banned also....and guns....if that happens, I suppose I will be an outlaw.....
There are places where insects are out of control simply because the most effective pesticides can't be used anymore.
The point being.....don't believe everything you read in news or on tv..and definitely not the govt....you will be disappointed
.........in the end to find out..... you are eating bs.

Oh yeah..I believe that ant insecticide was called mirex....it was really good...it did too good a job to be allowed to stay on the market...evidently.
August 09, 2011 05:38AM
[www.zerohedge.com]

Tom is on to something. Here the article states that the banks holding onto large store of Gold may be forced to sell-off soon. Watch for the dip and the following quick climb back up. Stock up on provisions now.
August 09, 2011 07:31AM
No doubt this thread was titled correctly.
August 09, 2011 07:59PM
TheOtherLeggoHead Wrote:
> [www.zerohedge.com]
> art-paulsons-problems-behold-citigroup
>
> Tom is on to something. Here the article states
> that the banks holding onto large store of Gold
> may be forced to sell-off soon. Watch for the dip
> and the following quick climb back up. Stock up on
> provisions now.

There is not enough gold to be sold off to meet demand. Go back to the 80's or so when they starting selling off, excuse me, I mean "leasing Gold" at a .5% interest rate to keep the US dollar artificially strong as part of the US strong dollar policy which next to know one knew about. The gold on the books, for the most part, has been "leased" and is no longer there. The data has been available for a while. Check [www.gata.org] for the story. What has somewhat kept gold in check is that there are essentially two markets, a physical market and a electronic one. If you try to order larger amounts of gold, it will take a while to receive delivery. I traded stocks professionally for years and it was pretty clear that when gold moved too much they sold puts on the exchange to keep it in check. Look at the current markup for physical gold over spot: [shop.ebay.com]

Now, if things really get bad I'm not sure Gold will matter much, I just think we are approaching that peak in the bell curve (not sure how far it's off), but if things get real bad, it isn't gold that will be sought...
Earthman.......Re: Dangerous Times
August 09, 2011 08:54PM
Thank you. Your personal insight/experience & link is illuminating. To say the least.
August 09, 2011 11:20PM
That should be labeled as common knowledge about gold not backing the dollar or its effect on money in general.
Nothing new there.
But the ratio of dollars to the ounce is a different story.
Re: Earthman.......Re: Dangerous Times
August 10, 2011 12:48AM
TerraDigger Wrote:
> Thank you. Your personal insight/experience & link
> is illuminating. To say the least.

and the end ''resultant" is "frightening" for WHAT it implies!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
See what's happening in London?
August 10, 2011 03:00AM
There's a good probability that's a glimpse of our future.
August 10, 2011 03:08AM
[www.youtube.com]

The comments are just as good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2011 03:27AM by TheOtherLeggoHead.
August 10, 2011 11:10AM
TheOtherLeggoHead Wrote:
> [www.youtube.com]
> =player_embedded
>
> The comments are just as good.

It's just as good because it's essentially the same thing. I know his name well. For as long as I can remember he is connected to GATA. He has spoken for them and I'm pretty sure he has ties.

Steve - The leasing thing is something COMPLETELY different than gold backing the dollar. Gold not backing the dollar is common knowledge. But selling ("leasing") gold from the banks to artificially keeps it's price low and to make it appear that the dollar is much stronger than it is, well that is manipulation on many levels - physically and psychologically.

Note what happened in the 80's (inception of strong dollar policy), the inverse connection between the gold price and dollar was broken since the Bretton Woods agreement at least. [seekingalpha.com]

I've been out of this loop for a while so you should check deeper if you are interested but you WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU FIND. Unwinding this is going to get messy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2011 11:11AM by earthmansurfer.
August 10, 2011 06:32PM
I stand corrected, that isn't something I am familiar with.