Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Whites MX SPORT

Posted by Mike Hillis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Whites MX SPORT
January 09, 2016 04:13AM
Reading the manual it looks like a winner.
January 09, 2016 06:21AM
detectingMO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [apps.fcc.gov]
> Report.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&called
> FromFrame=N&application_id=q7JhMynUOQqxb8KCYBByuA%
> 3D%3D&fcc_id=KHS800-0347

Sweet. Thanks. I was looking for the tabs associated with the application but couldn't find the, at first. You'd think as a ham radio operator, I'd know my way around the FCC website!

Reading the additional materials like the user manual, I'm a bit underwhelmed. A waterproof treasure pro with maybe a few attributes from the MXT, like frequency. <sigh> ... But the proof will be in the pudding of how it operates. If it has the fast "sports car" response of the original MXT, and shares more with the MXT guts than the treasurepro series, them maybe it will be a worthwhile detector.
January 09, 2016 06:22AM
I agree...the manual makes it sound pretty good. It looks a lot like a CTX the way it is physically laid out; even the menu. The display is a bit different though. Reminded me of the speed-o-meter of the Fisher units.
January 09, 2016 07:10AM
Im impressed about the unit for sure after reading the manual and seeing the pics..inside pics look good too..

Even added backlight..

Starting to sound like a waterproof MXT..

and that could be just AWESOME..

I would like to know if the relic mode tone break is user adjustable?

The battery box is Intelligent.. remote mount..and screw on lid like infinium...good design..
If it leals machine is still safe from water damage..

The control box seems to be of sturdy lexan material...good looking board...

Im impressed,,

Glad Ive held off on a water unit..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 09, 2016 07:36AM
January 09, 2016 01:00PM
can not bring up manual. Help!
January 09, 2016 02:32PM
"Whoa!!! Stop!!! Slow down...don't get all excited about this!!
Chill and wait till next months "multi-model" offerings from the 'Boys of Green Machines!"

1. A New water unit in 2 Specs, "Wader LS" & "Diver STX"
2. A New multi-frequency waterproof wireless unit - "GTX 7500"
3. A New Coin & Relic machine - "GTA 5000"

"I'm very excited!!!"
January 09, 2016 03:11PM
It looks very nice! Basically a waterproof Treasure Pro with a bumped up frequency so Eclipse coils can also be used. The battery design is super too. It has more features than the competition.
[apps.fcc.gov]

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
January 09, 2016 04:01PM
Do we have a price yet?
January 09, 2016 05:24PM
Des D Wrote:
> "Whoa!!! Stop!!! Slow down...don't get all excited
> about this!!
> Chill and wait till next months "multi-model"
> offerings from the 'Boys of Green Machines!"
>
> 1. A New water unit in 2 Specs, "Wader LS" &
> "Diver STX"
> 2. A New multi-frequency waterproof wireless unit
> - "GTX 7500"
> 3. A New Coin & Relic machine - "GTA 5000"
>
> "I'm very excited!!!"

Hmmmmmm

2 & 3 have my attention for sure...
January 09, 2016 05:50PM
Frank in NH Wrote:
> Do we have a price yet?

$1349.00
January 09, 2016 07:13PM
Des D Wrote:
> Frank in NH Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Do we have a price yet?
>
>
> $1349.00
If they are going after the ATpro/Quest then they can't price it too much higher to capture that market. I would personally pay more for the MXS because of the better display, backlight and more features. I would pay $200 more than an ATpro with no problem. Part of the success of the Ace 250 and Atpro is the price. The price for the MXS will hove to be spot on. I think Garrett has proven that volume sales is the road to success.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
January 09, 2016 07:34PM
I've had 4 or 5 (can't remember) Atpros over the years. I didn't buy them because they were the deepest baddest machine ever built. I bought them for my sand VB, tot lot, rainy and fresh beach and fresh underwater hunts. I just like having a lower cost waterproof do all pretty good machine. But the Atpro in my opinion has a couple of issues like no backlight, small display and hard to reach coil and phone connectors. These and more have been addressed with the MXS.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
January 09, 2016 07:50PM
The ATpro/Gold is listed under the "sport" division on the Garrett site. Whites naming it the MX"Sport" is saying they are wanting to go head to head.... This is another reason Whites can not over price the machine. Just my thoughts.........

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
January 09, 2016 08:00PM
Like Keith has said - nice battery box design. Also you are able to see the battery seal at all times unlike the ATP. I also wonder if Detech is building this new coil? It looks more like a Detech than a Whites coil. Maybe the Ultimate coil will produce sweet results in the ground? Also having 8 batteries under the cuff should better balance the machine out?

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
January 09, 2016 08:56PM
I'm starting to get my hopes back up that it is in fact a "real" MXT. Looking more closely at the manual, there are little clues it might actually have the guts of an MXT inside. Of course the frequency is the same, but also things like 40 hours on a set of 8 AA batteries, salt track mode, prospecting mode with SAT, for example.

And I really like the ground balance implementation. Auto tracking, locked, OR grab while in locked. Again, very similar to the "old" MXT Pro.

I'm getting pretty excited about this new MX Sport...

The charm of the old MXT was its quick responsiveness and fantastic ground balancing system. I just hope the MX Sport preserves the "soul" of the old MXT.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2016 09:19PM by wayfarer.
January 09, 2016 09:17PM
Des D Wrote:
> Frank in NH Wrote:
> -----
> > Do we have a price yet?
>
>
> $1349.00
Where did you find a price?
January 09, 2016 11:37PM
For a single frequency machine that price is way too high. They can keep it. The MXT could not do what the AT Pro does in the iron.
January 10, 2016 12:00AM
Don't know about price, but if it is anything like posted here-- too high

Also detector at 4 lbs is too heavy.

And needing 8aa batteries-- this indeed sounds/ looks familiar

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2016 12:04AM by tnsharpshooter.
January 10, 2016 12:56AM
I've held out on getting an ID water machine waiting for White's to come out with one. It looks great, but if it is actually in the $1300 range, well, I can get an AT Pro and an AT Gold for that price.
January 10, 2016 02:11AM
That price has just been thrown out there. I have found nothing to substantiate it? I believe it will have a $799.99 retail price. Also putting 8 AA batteries under the cuff will better balance the machine. The ATpro is close to 4 pounds and it's super nose heavy. Try this experiment - Remove your ATpro/Gold battery pack. Tape it along with 4 more AA batteries under your arm cuff. You will find that the machine feels much better even adding the weight of the extra batteries. This is what the MXS is doing.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
January 10, 2016 02:24AM
Kenny,

I agree the extra batteries may indeed help with balance --- but other material besides extra batteries could be used for ballast.

How old is the F 75??

And the freq on this detector is similar-- I don't beleive White's is capable of making a energy effiicient detector.

Even my Garrett ATX will run 12 hours on 8AAs. And we are talking about a powerful detector.

White's seems to dodge Li pro battery tech.

It may be the death of them.
January 10, 2016 02:50AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Kenny,
>
> I agree the extra batteries may indeed help with
> balance --- but other material besides extra
> batteries could be used for ballast.
>
> How old is the F 75??
>
> And the freq on this detector is similar-- I don't
> beleive White's is capable of making a energy
> effiicient detector.
>
> Even my Garrett ATX will run 12 hours on 8AAs.
> And we are talking about a powerful detector.
>
> White's seems to dodge Li pro battery tech.
>
> It may be the death of them.
You have a point about the 8 batteries. Maybe they thought that in running more batteries the actual battery change out over it's life would be half. This way the battery seal would be half as likely to leak? Let's all hope it's affordable and it works great!

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
January 10, 2016 02:56AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Kenny,
>
> I agree the extra batteries may indeed help with
> balance --- but other material besides extra
> batteries could be used for ballast.
>
> How old is the F 75??
>
> And the freq on this detector is similar-- I don't
> beleive White's is capable of making a energy
> effiicient detector.
>
> Even my Garrett ATX will run 12 hours on 8AAs.
> And we are talking about a powerful detector.
>
> White's seems to dodge Li pro battery tech.
>
> It may be the death of them.

Whites just released 2 detectors that run on 2 AA's, certainly capable. The 8 battery and freq of this machine point towards the rehashing of mxt platform.
January 10, 2016 03:05AM
deadlift Wrote:
>
> Whites just released 2 detectors that run on 2
> AA's, certainly capable. The 8 battery and freq of
> this machine point towards the rehashing of mxt
> platform.

Yes, and the MXT was very good on batteries, very efficient actually. According the MX Sport manual, 8 AA batteries are good for 40 hours ... just the same as on the old MXT. As deadlift points out, this is further indication the MX Sport is basically a jazzed-up MXT, which is not a bad thing at all! thumbs down
January 10, 2016 03:06AM
deadlift Wrote:
> tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> -----
> > Kenny,
> >
> > I agree the extra batteries may indeed help
> with
> > balance --- but other material besides extra
> > batteries could be used for ballast.
> >
> > How old is the F 75??
> >
> > And the freq on this detector is similar-- I
> don't
> > beleive White's is capable of making a energy
> > effiicient detector.
> >
> > Even my Garrett ATX will run 12 hours on 8AAs.
> > And we are talking about a powerful detector.
> >
> > White's seems to dodge Li pro battery tech.
> >
> > It may be the death of them.
>
>
> Whites just released 2 detectors that run on 2
> AA's, certainly capable. The 8 battery and freq of
> this machine point towards the rehashing of mxt
> platform.
That makes sense too. That would be a good thing!

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
January 10, 2016 03:17PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> You Hit Nail on the head Paul..
>
> Very congruent with how I feel..
>
> Keith

Keith

After going over the manual, I feel this new waterproof Whites is going to be a good detector both fresh water and land.

Originally, Based from the picture the coil looked big as a 12". A little too big for my type of hunting water and trashy areas, but it's auctally a 10" and better yet a center mount coil. Fresh water, surf detecting a center mount is best no coil flopping Whites did their homework with the coil. Both my HH PI and GoldQuest use 10" center mount coils, best coil for under water or surf.

Also, The sport includes a headphone adaptor that is great. Liking this more and more!

Retains the iron grunt for prospecting mode, two tone for Relic and for Coin and gold jewelry hunters plenty of tones to choose from.

The only problem I see with using the 8 tone and this I believe the Whites SST had 8 or similar, The iron tone and lowest conductive tone were too close, hard to tell these two lowest tones appart. With the SST, had to constantly monitor the screen with the lowest tones not knowing if the signal was iron or lowest conductive. The Whites SST could have been a good Relic machine, the two lowest tones is what hurt it's ponential of being a good relic or gold jewelry detector. At least it did me, liked the SST allot had great performance but the two lowest tones is what I didn't like.

But, if I'm reading the manual correctly. With the MX Sport the ID tones can be changed, So if this is a problem with the iron and foil tone too close the foil tone can be changed to the next tone putting more audio ID distance between the two. Maybe Whites addressed this tone issue, and if not at least the user can modify the tones to eliminate the iron and lowest tone issue putting distance between the two.

I just may spring for the MX Sport, always wanted a waterproof MXT with prospecting Mode for fresh water with 10" center mount coil.

Wow! It finally happened thumbs down

Paul

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2016 03:23PM by Old California.
January 10, 2016 04:06PM
I'm getting excited about it too. I was very close to hitting the forum classifieds in search of an MXT Pro. I really liked the one I had last year. In the light of this Sport version coming, I believe I will defy my rule about waiting on something to be out a while before jumping on board. If it is in my price range I will have one as soon as they are available.
January 10, 2016 07:51PM
"What I am deducing from all the talk and activity surrounding the MX Sport is, it looks like we're all rooting for White's from sheer Goodwill!"
I personally hope it will "fly" and would be very interested in getting one asap to test."
January 10, 2016 08:31PM
Yes Paul...

The manual seems to show its a SERIOUS unit..

i was concerned they would abandon the mxt...

But it looks as its not to be..

I'm still somewhat concerned about the disc seems to be segmented in blocks..

i was hoping for more of a MXT style tone break as in where you set the disc the tone breaks in relic mode..
And it still may be like that..

but at at the same time the MX5 uses notch setrings instead of precise disc settings and the MX5 too me unlocks iron better than the mxt..so as of late processors are doing alot of work for us in terms of unlocking non ferrous targets in iron..

So it may not be a let down if it does not have precise tone break option.

Not sure why the left the pistol grip design of the MXT..

Looks like it may need to be modded to a straight shaft..LOL..

I'm not a fan of these new machines using a harsh right angle grip on a S Rod..Deus is one of them..And the first RACER Angle Was Also A wristbreaker...

either relax thel angle like the newer Racer/Gold did or like the MX5 uses or stay with a pistol grip straight rod...

combining the pistol grip angle to the S Rod system is no very ergonomic for the long haul..

But for now that.s the least of worries right now...

Need to see what it has under the hood ...

Looks to be the business by the specs..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2016 08:35PM by Keith Southern.