Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My thoughts on the Racer 2 ######### 3/21/16 Red Racer Vs Racer 2 video of separation battle added********3/21/16 Video of R1 Vs R2 buried dime++++++Mineral Index TIP VIDEO 3/22/16

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: My thoughts on the Racer 2 from the field +++Notch Video added 2/16/16+++
February 18, 2016 07:41PM
Keith you have said the FG+ in boost lights up the ground in those unplowed fields which is amazing to me, how does the R2 compare in that regard. Lots of no till fields up here and I need to get down to and below the old plow line. The run 80-81 GB and 2 bar on the G2.

Not trying to put you on the spot or anything. lol

Tom
Jackpine here's Recovery Video added 2/18/16
February 19, 2016 12:13AM
Hope it allows you to see the differences..

I hate to do comparison from one brand to another but for this test I think its controlled enough to see the differences...

No hocus pocus..

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 19, 2016 12:21AM
by light up I mean you know how a 19Khz machine inherently can be ground reactive...well when you hit the boost mode it really does allow all the Spark to come in say when compared to what other 19Khz units are available on the market..

Its gives more feedback feel.. ..Now on plowed ground Not sure what you may see...I like a sparky unit and it does not disappoint...

Hence the wording i like to use "a F19 on steroids"..

Now the R2 is also sparky but seems to handle the Ground a bit more easy ...so though its a sparky unit in its own right It dont light up in terms of chatty noise like the FG+..yet its deeper on higher conductors and still aggressive on low conductors..

I think the Racer line on 14Khz is as hot as other 19Khz competitors units on small and or low conductor items items believe it or not..

look on my channel at youtube to see if you see the small gold test of the Racer and the small gold test of the F19..I think you will get some info..

Keth

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 19, 2016 12:40AM
And that my friends is why the Turkish machines are so special. Now I really had my eye's open up and jaw drop when the iron audio was dropped to zero and the coin came through so clear. I had been worried to many bells and whistles would muck up something that works so well. Evidently not. Nice video Keith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2016 12:41AM by Jack Flynn.
Very good video Keith.

I also liked how you went to Disc of 7, single tone on F75.

With the DST models, this may have been forgotten or not know to some folks.

Kudos to Makro for sure...
Wow!.......how does the R2 do in a 3d test where the iron is above and off to the side a smidg? You can just type the answer Keith, no need to do a vid.
Nicely done Keith. I don't think you could have been more unbiased in your approach, much appreciated. The nice thing is that it's obvious to me that you aren't intending to slam any mfg. I'll be excited to try the R2 out this spring. Thanks again.
Very nice video Keith

it just goes to show how much detectors have improved in just 7 or 8 yrs or so when it comes to reactivity/separation AND the difference in a start/stop VS rolling audio report type machine.

I too agree that you were not trying to slam any "one" manufacture VS another and/or trying to disprove one over another in your test and as you stated - the F75 has it's place (especially when it comes to depth) VS some of the other machines on the market and even the ones being tested in your vid

I only wish you woulda showed the Fors Gold+ in the lineup of testing to show how it performs on that same test! lol

It's really too bad that the "test" as a whole doesn't capture the essence of each machine at it's/their best in all environments under all conditions and more so when it come to how each machine interprets and reports back the ground matrix/mineral as it is (meaning) - take for example the FG+ ----- there's no denying that it lights the ground up far beyond anything on the market currently available to the consumer and that there's really no way to either convey that to someone through words and/or show it in a video - it's just something one has to experience for themselves by owning/using one in the field

as you've stated in prior post and videos - the FG+ is a RELIC hunters dream (and) it lights the ground up in a way no other machine ON the current market can/does or ever has

yet - the machines you showed in this video are more of the "all around type machines" suited for general purpose hunting and not such a specialized purpose like the FG+ is

still in all - the video shows how far tech has advanced in just a few short yrs and that we'all have many more choices in the machines we pick for whatever purpose we deem are best for our own style of hunting and/or targets and sites we seek/intend to hunt

Thanks for sharing!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2016 02:22AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
Hats off to u keith very good video. No bias or fluff just logic and facts
February 19, 2016 02:36AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> by light up I mean you know how a 19Khz machine
> inherently can be ground reactive...well when you
> hit the boost mode it really does allow all the
> Spark to come in say when compared to what other
> 19Khz units are available on the market..
>
> Its gives more feedback feel.. ..Now on plowed
> ground Not sure what you may see...I like a sparky
> unit and it does not disappoint...
>
> Hence the wording i like to use "a F19 on
> steroids"..
>
> Now the R2 is also sparky but seems to handle the
> Ground a bit more easy
...so though its a sparky
> unit in its own right It dont light up in terms of
> chatty noise like the FG+..yet its deeper on
> higher conductors and still aggressive on low
> conductors..

>
> I think the Racer line on 14Khz is as hot as
> other 19Khz competitors units on small and or low
> conductor items items believe it or not..
>
> look on my channel at youtube to see if you see
> the small gold test of the Racer and the small
> gold test of the F19..I think you will get some
> info..
>
> Keith

Keith

It sounds to me like the R2 is more refined, easier to use and at the same time gives up very little performance overall compared to the FG+. That the lower freq allows a tad better performance on high conductors is a bonus.

Sweet!

Tom
February 19, 2016 03:39AM
thanks Keith.
This may seem silly to some but here goes. I let all my FORS models go because ultimately the handle and my hand did not get along. The Racer I prefer for the in my face display with everything right there, and my hand likes the new Keith inspired lazy S grip. Shows how one little thing can tip the difference for some.
Re: Jackpine here's Recovery Video added 2/18/16
February 19, 2016 07:29PM
Ok Fellas as long as you understand it's just a simple test for recovery speed..

I think you'll also find the F75 does very well at unmasking as does the Racer's..

They go about it different ways..ones snapshots ones constant report..

Ozzie the Racers do very well in 3d scenarios..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
10" Dime High Mineral Video
February 19, 2016 11:36PM
[www.youtube.com]

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
10" Dime High Mineral Video 2/19/16
February 20, 2016 12:18AM
Thank you Keith for your dedication and time. Inquiring minds.....lol. Amazing capabilities with the Turkish machines. Personally, I would love to see a R3 (two frequency) by adding 3khz for high conductors.
WOW, it sure nails that 13" nickle.
I have questions on the Target ID. In the manual for the R2, foil reads from 69 to 78. Most other machines out there foil reads just above iron. Will thin gold rings that read in the foil range on other machines, also read high on the R2?, between 69 and 78? Nickels read 30-31. Pull tabs read from 25-50, I wonder why foil is set to read so high? I wonder what the advantage of that is?
I saw that and it can't be correct given the other target numbers. What they are saying is foil is going to be more like an aluminum can. Never underestimate the powers of translation! Nickels come in around 30 so foil is going to be around 15

[www.makrodetector.com]
Good guess on my part - check out the meter....

Great videos Keith, the Racer 2 looks like a good detector to have in your lineup. I will soon be ordering one soon.
Foil is right above iron...

I could imagine thin aluminum scrap is what there referring too..Like can slaw's..

I know I sent them a Bag of Our trash and there was some pieces in there of flat aluminum like Vienna sausage lids and such..and that may very well be what they are referring to??But foil will read right above iron..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Thanks Steve and Keith
I love that they show a ring icon at 75. They are out there.

click to embiggen

Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2016 01:16PM by Jackpine.
Nice hunk of meat there Tom!!

Congrat's

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Thanks Keith, that was from a few years back. The heaviest 20K ring I've ever found.

Tom
I've been getting itchy to try some Je hunting as of late Tom...

Sort of liked the beach trip last fall...seeing gold in the scoop was sort of Nice...

I have this 56khz Gold Racer I'm just itching to try out around here on some Je..

that big Lunker right there just gets a guy more juiced up!!

I have a big old Airforce Ring I pulled out of a Yard that looks like a High School ring but says 1947 14kt on it...Need to see if I can dig it out and flash it on you..Dug it right in the middle of some3 ringer Bullets.. LOL!!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2016 01:48AM by Keith Southern.
Bring it on Keith I'd like to see it!

I'm itching to get back into water hunting myself, it's been a few years since I have done any. Just special ordered a NEL Hunter coil with a 2 meter cable so I can chest mount the pod of the G2 and Omega. That will get me started again till I decide on whether or not to get a MX Sport.

Class rings are fun to find I've returned a good many to their owners.

Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2016 02:02AM by Jackpine.
So you had to crank up the power to find the nickle and the dime. Does anyone hunts above 90-95 in iron?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
On which machine Lawrenzo..???

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
3/21/16 Red Racer Vs Racer 2 video of separation battle added
March 21, 2016 07:28PM
[www.youtube.com]

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
3/21/16 Video of R1 Vs R2 buried dime
March 22, 2016 12:14AM
[www.youtube.com]

Keith

-Nikola Tesla