Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

This thread is now off limits .

Posted by possum mo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: OT: Who would you like to see as our next president, and why?tongue sticking out smiley
July 12, 2017 09:41PM
Look at what happened, with all the hot air from Go-rebels.

Just joking, but this here link isn't.

[www.nasa.gov]
Re: OT: Who would you like to see as our next president, and why?tongue sticking out smiley
July 12, 2017 10:38PM
Geologically quite common , except to the alarmists

[realclimatescience.com]
July 12, 2017 10:44PM
Found a job for you go-rebels.
With your steep education, right up your alley.

Seems Senator Cantwell is looking for a new aid, one that can spell.

You can be the replacement for the deplorable democrat who lacks spelling skills.

[www.longroom.com]

More news.
I told folks here Scarborough was brainwashed.
Now we know for sure.
[www.nydailynews.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2017 01:21AM by Sod-buster.
July 13, 2017 01:40AM
AirTester
Who the @#$%& cares about anything you say now. Shove that chain coin up your ass you narcissistic psycho.

AirTester, for a fella who was so offended by the existence of a post on a forum you've just discovered, looks like you're "all-in" to tell us how things should be. Welcome aboard! I'm sure you'll garner the respect you deserve...

---

I work in the auto industry and am well aware of the shortage of skilled trade personnel needed to service today's tools and automated assembly equipment. Many of the larger tier-1's have a global presence and regulary bring over to the US tool & die and specialized maintenance personnel to launch new production cells and keep them running. These folks come from Germany, Eastern Europe, China, Ireland, Turkey, Japan, and Canada among others. For a variety of reasons there is an insufficient pool of US born skilled trades available to hire.

I want our next president to ease the legal immigration of such talented workers. Looks like The Orangeman has a different idea...

Trump crafting plan to slash legal immigration

Senior aide Stephen Miller has been working with conservative senators to make good on Trump’s campaign promise.

12July2017

Donald Trump and his aides are quietly working with two conservative senators to dramatically scale back legal immigration — a move that would mark a fulfillment of one of the president's biggest campaign promises.

Trump plans to get behind a bill being introduced later this summer by Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) and Sen. David Perdue (R-Ga.) that, if signed into law, would slash in half the number of legal immigrants entering the country each year by 2027, according to four people familiar with the conversations. Currently, about a million legal immigrants enter the country annually, and that number that would fall to 500,000 over the next decade.

[www.politico.com]

Since when do a majority of Americans oppose legal immigration? Last I checked, most Americans entered the country this way. And the notion that working class wages will rise with passage of this bill is absurd. To clarify, sure we were mostly born here, but at some point in the past, our forebearers arrived here, legally or illegally. If our attitude is "we were here first, so screw you," we are all damned.

July 13, 2017 02:21AM
So you're saying the profits of a few trumps the safety of all?

Maybe focus on the lack of skilled trade in your own country rather then skirt the issue.

It is a consequence of progress, you replace workers with machines for profit, don't cry if you didn't plan on maintaining the machines.
Let's be honest, the only reason you need to import skilled workers is because they are cheaper. You have the best schools in the world, you must think people are completely retarded when you talk like that. That's rich.

I don't know about you, but my for-bearers didn't "arrive" here, nor did they "immigrate", they fought and bought the land. They were conquerors. It was a 4-way battle between the Spanish, Natives, French and the English. Trust me, the french did not let the English just "immigrate". After both sides were battered enough they managed to form a union, likely to stave of the Yankees. We took the land just as the human race has done for thousands of years.

That is why it is so disgusting when guys like you just want to give away the farm.
You were probably fortunate enough to live during the post WWII peace bubble, so maybe it's hard not to be so ignorant, but I assumed most guys with metal detectors would tend to have more of a connection, a respect for history and how we got here.

Now I'm not saying go out and punch an Indian fella, just that you should be appreciative that you get to enjoy the spoils of war. Don't feel bad for something you weren't around for.

You are a self-hating American.
Just like Hitler, if you can't have the capital you want to resort to a scorched earth policy. Treasonous.
July 13, 2017 02:26AM
AirTester went right to the vicious stuff. For a guy complaining about the thread when he arrived he sure dug into it. Maybe he recognized his own weakness of addiction? Like an alcoholic complaining about booze in the house. That's quite a nasty thread. Maybe we need to hide the booze better. If I happen to misspell words in my posts I appologize. The tablet and phone I use sometimes have their own minds. What a week in politics. Washington has slowed to a crawl. It's all about scandal now. SAD! The colluder in chief will only make it worse with tweets.
July 13, 2017 02:31AM
goreb , How in the world can you go from controlling legal immigration to being opposed to legal immigration? Just another inaccurate stretching of the truth to create a false narrative that you try to use to create the notion that conservatives are against legal immigration if you repeat it enough. Someone set the limit at a million at one time, for a reason , how does resetting the limit means you are against it just because it's lower. You should love it as liberal as it involves your favorite word ,,,,,,,,control. It looks like Donald and others in the GOP are way ahead of you in trying to provide a more skilled work force.

[www.freedomsback.com]
July 13, 2017 02:56AM
goodmore
AirTester went right to the vicious stuff. For a guy complaining about the thread when he arrived he sure dug into it. Maybe he recognized his own weakness of addiction? Like an alcoholic complaining about booze in the house.

You're spot-on Goodmore... I imagine it's gotta be tough being AirTester, constantly worrying about the hoards of young people who threaten his way of life and don't think and look like him. SAD!{
July 13, 2017 03:19AM
Actually no, you guys made it clear you wanted to carry on, my experience here with regards to metal detecting was already ruined by that point. I said you wanted attention, now you got it.

Unfortunately you've made it so that it's really hard to talk to a stranger about metal detecting because if this hard line attitude. I loath you and I don't even know if you swing a Garret or not.
I'm pretty sure you have an ATPRO, you sure act like it. You probably have like three ATPRO and wearing a Anaconda Treasure hat right now aren't you.

I've yet to see you come back with an intelligent retort to anything, you ether flash another cartoon, or change the subject. Perhaps silence can be interpreted as subconscious agreement to some extent.

Remember I told you that I am a liberal, you need to cool it on the treason or Trump will be running against Jill Stein in 4 years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2017 03:20AM by AirTester.
July 13, 2017 03:31AM
AirTester
So you're saying the profits of a few trumps the safety of all?

??? How did you connect 'safety' to this story?

AirTester
It is a consequence of progress, you replace workers with machines for profit, don't cry if you didn t plan on maintaining the machines.

Stop embarrassing yourself AirTester... you have no clue what you're talking about.

I'm working on a project that laser welds the aluminum door outer skin on a BMW X5 to the aluminum inner stamping after it is formed (hemmed) around the edges. The laser is robotically controlled and driven by a high resolution camera that sees the edges of the parts to within hundredths of a millimeter. No human is capable of producing this delicate laser weld around the entire periphery of the door.

You see many older cars driven up North with flapping rusted-out doors. The corrosion often starts at the bottom of the door where the outer skin is rolled around the edge. The laser weld significantly reduces the propensity of this rust from ever starting. It's a good thing and only achievable by using robots, cameras and sophisticated software and controls.

The demand for unskilled labor, the kind of work you did, is rapidly diminishing. I need smarter guys.

AirTester
Let's be honest, the only reason you need to import skilled workers is because they are cheaper.

Again, clueless. The technical and maintenance people required to setup and maintain this type of equipment require skills in robotics, pneumatics and industrial controls. These people are not available in sufficient quantities in any part of the country, period.

Canada has a little gem of a college in Windsor by the name of St. Clair College that trains this high tech stuff. You can imagine what Trump thinks of their students...

AirTester
You have the best schools in the world, you must think people are completely retarded when you talk like that. That's rich.

That's downright stupid. Many of the 'best' schools in the US have no program to teach the skills we need today, especially in the advanced skilled trades. Sure, uncle Al could run a WWII vintage Bridgeport mill but he won't have a clue what to do in a robotically controlled, multi-operational machining center.

AirTester
You are a self-hating American. Just like Hitler, if you can't have the capital you want to resort to a scorched earth policy. Treasonous.

It's gotta be tough being AirTester...
July 13, 2017 03:49AM
AirTester
Who the @#$%& cares about anything you say now. Shove that chain coin up your ass you narcissistic psycho. Actually no, you guys made it clear you wanted to carry on

You got your panties here in a wad real quick... we've been 'carrying on' for some time here, in a civil manner without name calling. That's clearly a step above how you interact with people you don't know.

AirTester
my experience here with regards to metal detecting was already ruined by that point.

Ruined? Ha ha ha! Take a hint from the many other detectorists here that suggested you just skip this post as they do. No one is forcing you to click the link.

AirTester
I said you wanted attention, now you got it.

I said? That must make it true... eye rolling smiley

AirTester
I loath you and I don't even know if you swing a Garret or not. I'm pretty sure you have an ATPRO, you sure act like it. You probably have like three ATPRO and wearing a Anaconda Treasure hat right now aren't you.

I swing a Tom-tuned CZ-3D, a F75 and an Etrac. That's three strikes AirTester.

You're out...
July 13, 2017 03:56AM
Doors rust at the bottom not because of the weld, but because of the design. Gravity and capillary action keeps the water and debris down there, a genius like you should have figured that out.
The bottom of the door needs to be round and the seam located higher, or make it out of aluminum, simple.

I have a hard time believing that a car designed in Germany is left to someone such as yourself to figure out how to build it, but whatever.

You're wasting your time if you think a laser weld is going to stop that, you should be fired.

I honestly don't have a problem if Trump wants to keep our students out, or restructure free trade for that matter. Free trade does nothing for the average person, ~30% exchange rate plus customs plus shipping, you can have it. Cancel it all together, I'm tired of subsidizing the American housing market every time I buy a 2x4.

He has to do what's best for your country. Our country benefits from your strength indirectly.
July 13, 2017 04:05AM
go-rebels Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
AirTester
Who the @#$%& cares about anyth
> ing you say now. Shove that chain coin up your as
> s you narcissistic psycho. Actually no, you guys
> made it clear you wanted to carry on
>
> You got your panties here in a wad real quick...
> we've been 'carrying on' for some time here, in a
> civil manner without name calling. That's clearly
> a step above how you interact with people you don'
> t know.
>
>
AirTester
my experience here with regards
> to metal detecting was already ruined by that poin
> t.
>
> Ruined? Ha ha ha! Take a hint from the many othe
> r detectorists here that suggested you just skip t
> his post as they do. No one is forcing you to clic
> k the link.
>
>
AirTester
I said you wanted attention, no
> w you got it.
>
> I said? That must make it true... eye rolling smiley
>
>
AirTester
I loath you and I don't even kn
> ow if you swing a Garret or not. I'm pretty sure
> you have an ATPRO, you sure act like it. You proba
> bly have like three ATPRO and wearing a Anaconda T
> reasure hat right now aren't you.
>
> I swing a Tom-tuned CZ-3D, a F75 and an Etrac. Th
> at's three strikes AirTester.
>
> You're out...

Be careful there, you are combining things I said to form your own narrative...where have we seen this before?

I don't have to play by your rules, there is nothing civil about this thread at all.

Good news for you though, Mega-Douche Morning Joe has slithered over to join your team, he'll be there to start first thing in the AM.
July 13, 2017 04:57AM
Fun with Trump

lol

Also not so fun for Hillary, it turns out Russia might not have hacked the DNC. A 28,000 page document dump yesterday shows the transfer rate for the alleged hack to be too fast to be supported over the internet = inside job. The speed it was downloaded at correlates to a USB drive or a LAN. Not good for Crooked Hillary.
July 13, 2017 09:47AM
Trump and his supporters still do not understand our thoughts on Hillary. She's gone! No use to the party. Put her on trial. Lock her up. If she committed a crime then she deserves to pay the price. Nobody cares about Hillary but the right. They use her for the deplorable acting that Donnie does. But but but Hillary. Well that doesn't make it right. Besides the way I see it the President should lead by example not defend himself by comparison. And for the most part this thread has remained free of personal attacks and vicious name calling. If you decide that you can't post without doing that then you should probably head to the opinion section at that other forum. Discussing politics using leads to escalation and that's why most forums won't allow it. Here it is held to one thread. It sinks to the bottom only to be risen from the dead when something happens in Washington. As far as people being right or correct in here? I recon there is no such thing.
July 13, 2017 11:33AM
AirTester
Doors rust at the bottom not because of the weld, but because of the design. The bottom of the door needs to be round and the seam located higher, or make it out of aluminum, simple.

That's exactly my point! You appear to want to argue just for the sake of looking like a petulant child!

There is no weld on the bottom of a Ford, Cadillac, Toyota or Hyundai door. So the seam exists. Laser weld the trim edge and the seam disappears.

Go look at the door of a new Mini, 5-series or 7-series before you make a fool of yourself again discussing things of which you have no clue.

I notice you gave up on the skilled trade discussion. That's a good thing for you; ignorance is never becoming...
July 13, 2017 12:01PM
Hillary's naïve supporters got taken in by Crooked Hillary lies and now we are suppose to believe or even care what they think or say about Trump. Hilarious! Hillary supporters have zero credibility. No wonder they don't want to talk about her anymore. No sane person with any commonsense at all would have supported her in the first place. LOL

tabman
July 13, 2017 12:12PM
At first I thought trump might of been a good thing but that's turning sour real quick and Mrs C has been accused of all sorts of things with no proof to show for it, I thought people were innocent til proven Guilty, I wonder how some of you folks would feel if the world found you Guilty without a Trial or an Ounce of Proof, Or do you think that you are entitled to special treatment where the world affords you such Luxuries,

The American Constitution is for All Americans, Not just the ones you like.
July 13, 2017 12:42PM
auminesweeper Wrote:
> At first I thought trump might of been a good thin
> g but that's turning sour real quick and Mrs C has
> been accused of all sorts of things with no proof
> to show for it, I thought people were innocent til
> proven Guilty
, I wonder how some of you folks woul
> d feel if the world found you Guilty without a Tri
> al or an Ounce of Proof, Or do you think that you
> are entitled to special treatment where the world
> affords you such Luxuries,
>
> The American Constitution is for All Americans, No
> t just the ones you like.

It would be nice if the fake news media and the leftwing nuts applied that same exact standard to Trump. It's amazing how they turn a blind eye and make excuses for all the things that Hillary did and totally focus in on the things that they hope Trump might have done wrong. Anyone with any commonsense at all can see what's going on. LOL

tabman
July 13, 2017 01:01PM
tabman Wrote:
> auminesweeper Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > At first I thought trump might of been a good th
> in
> > g but that's turning sour real quick and Mrs C h
> as
> > been accused of all sorts of things with no proo
> f
> > to show for it, I thought people were inno
> cent til
> > proven Guilty
, I wonder how some of you
> folks woul
> > d feel if the world found you Guilty without a T
> ri
> > al or an Ounce of Proof, Or do you think that yo
> u
> > are entitled to special treatment where the worl
> d
> > affords you such Luxuries,
> >
> > The American Constitution is for All Americans,
> No
> > t just the ones you like.
>
> It would be nice if the fake news media and the le
> ftwing nuts applied that same exact standard to Tr
> ump. It's amazing how they turn a blind eye and ma
> ke excuses for all the things that Hillary did and
> totally focus in on the things that they hope Trum
> p might have done wrong. Anyone with any co
> mmonsense at all can see what's going on. LOL
>
> tabman

Yep Absolutely, Both parties should be held accountable if there is any wrong doing, But the press and people think that Trial by media is acceptable, When it is not, The press need to remember that their opinions Do Not Matter and their Views are Not Law and as such they should keep their mouths shut and stop twisting things just to throw fuel on the fire, My View is anyone caught doing so should face legal charges For Slander, Liable and deformation,

Laws are in place to protect the innocent and defend the weak, This is not about free speech it's about telling Lie's about people, To have free Speech does not entitle folks to tell lies about others for personal satisfaction or reward. And as Such those Sooth Sayers should face Legal Action.
July 13, 2017 02:04PM
go-rebels Wrote:
>
AirTester
Doors rust at the bottom not be
> cause of the weld, but because of the design. The
> bottom of the door needs to be round and the seam
> located higher, or make it out of aluminum, simple
> .
>
> That's exactly my point! You appear to want to ar
> gue just for the sake of looking like a petulant c
> hild!
>
> There is no weld on the bottom of a Ford, Cadillac
> , Toyota or Hyundai door. So the seam exists. La
> ser weld the trim edge and the seam disappears.
>
> Go look at the door of a new Mini, 5-series or 7-s
> eries before you make a fool of yourself again dis
> cussing things of which you have no clue.
>
> I notice you gave up on the skilled trade discussi
> on. That's a good thing for you; ignorance is nev
> er becoming...

You obviously don't understand what I mean. As usual, reading comprehension is not your strong point.

Read this slowly, have somebody help you if you need to.

The reason doors rust down there is because of gravity and capillary action holds water and debris where the two pieces meet. It doesn't matter if you fold it, weld it, glue it the same thing will happen.

That is why you should be fired, you are wildly incompetent.

I responded to you skilled trade question. I said I don't care about your companies poor planing, nor do I care if Trump wants to block Canadian students.
The companies who invented the robots are responsible for staffing and training. Why should your country have to fund the training of your employees for a private enterprise? Oh ya, because you are entitled.
July 13, 2017 02:07PM
goodmore Wrote:
> Trump and his supporters still do not understand o
> ur thoughts on Hillary. She's gone! No use to the
> party. Put her on trial. Lock her up. If she commi
> tted a crime then she deserves to pay the price. N
> obody cares about Hillary but the right. They use
> her for the deplorable acting that Donnie does. Bu
> t but but Hillary. Well that doesn't make it right
> . Besides the way I see it the President should le
> ad by example not defend himself by comparison. An
> d for the most part this thread has remained free
> of personal attacks and vicious name calling. If y
> ou decide that you can't post without doing that t
> hen you should probably head to the opinion sectio
> n at that other forum. Discussing politics using l
> eads to escalation and that's why most forums won'
> t allow it. Here it is held to one thread. It sink
> s to the bottom only to be risen from the dead whe
> n something happens in Washington. As far as peopl
> e being right or correct in here? I recon there is
> no such thing.

@#$%& off, how about that?
July 13, 2017 02:09PM
I have seen very little fake news. Three people were fired from CNN, but for the most part the news is nothing more than videos of Donnie saying something controversial that he either flip flops on later or denies he ever said. Donnie lies much more than all the news agencies put together.
July 13, 2017 02:17PM
Someone mentioned lack of skilled workers in the USA.

Wonder why?

I have been watching this reduction take place.
Causes.

Ross Perot tried to warn us back in 1992.
Outsourcing our industries to China and such.

Then we have someone like Obama who touts, all you young folks, go to college and all will be fine job wise for you.
Really?
Didn't work did it.

Illegal immigration employment has caused too.

Yes it's more than one thing, but all interrelated.
Basically it is about $$$$.

Think for a minute.
Just how many CEOS back when ran to microphones and told us what they needed to happen in order for them to keep their operations in the USA?
I don't remember any.
The just moved, and yes seems small town America was gutted of their local factories.

Sure technology too with things like automation and robotics have replaced manual labor done by folks.

Hence is the BIG why of Trump being elected.
A lot of what Trump has said about this issue is true.
And middle America knows it.

Just remember we got where we are, not because of Trump, but who?

So folks want to rag on Trump, but it was folks like the Clinton's and yes Bush's that got us where we are.

Our politicians really never want to meet anything head on.
Trump's real message when he was campaigning.

Yep these politicians just want to do just what they have to when they have to.

Look at Medicare, it is in bad shape financially. Using real math not fuzzy math says so.
But who is even addressing currently.

Our politicians as a group, watch them, they can't work on 2 major issues at once, they let one issue bog them down or get sidetracked.

We lost a lot of potential production since 2001, with our politicians?
Why?
Because they spent most of their time on war, and terrorism, etc.
Not pocket book issues of Americans.

Ever watch a good student in school.
You know the ones who make the best grades.
What do they do usually?
They study on a regular/daily basis.
They don't cram usually.

Yep there are those crammers.
How do they usually do?

So, what I'm saying is our government when it doesn't use its time wisely, can't really ever catch up.
And what we see are band aids applied to serious wounds.

Ever see a doctor apply a band aid to a serious wound?
Would likely be malpractice, right?

Malpractice by the government is what got Trump elected.

The MSM knows this too.
There job though is to obscure this very fact.
With their garbage, fake news, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2017 02:27PM by Sod-buster.
July 13, 2017 02:30PM
Well said Sod-Buster.
July 13, 2017 02:35PM
Being told that by someone of your stature makes me chuckle. Thanks for the laugh. How about that. ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2017 02:41PM by goodmore.
July 13, 2017 02:44PM
goodmore Wrote:
> Being told that by someone of your stature makes m
> e chuckle. Thanks for the laugh. How about that.

It makes me laugh too, only simple folks get upset when you use words that they don't like. Speech Nazis.

Words are words. You identify with LGBQT instead of "fag" or "homo". In about 20 years we won't be allowed to say "LGBQT" either, because it will be offensive.

Are you scared of free speech? An aspiring dictator?

As an American you should be more concerned with the reason why you want to control my speech. A rose by any other name....
July 13, 2017 02:47PM
The founding fathers created the election/political system.

Trump could be viewed with his being elected as a symptom of what's wrong with our country.

Trump won by this system.
What folks should be talking about vs ragging Trump is the Why/reasons for him being elected.
If folks will do this, we as a group I think can hone in moreso on the real problems confronting us.

We have survived as a nation for over 200 years, using the same system.
So, if we let some folks tell it. Trump being elected is a mirage or a fluke.
Don't think so.

And for the folks even politicians who think this are making a mistake.

How am I doing Go-rebels for a high school flunky? Deplorable.
July 13, 2017 03:44PM
go-rebels,
You refer to President Trump as the "Orange Man" which I find to be very disrespectful and is certainly hypocritical coming from someone on the "tolerant" Left. If anybody from the Right were to have referred to Obama as the "Black Man" (in the condescending way that you refer to Trump as the "Orange Man") they would have instantly been labeled a bigot, racist, or intolerant by the left. We all know that people on the Left are tolerant and accepting of everybody ("the way they think and look")... because they keep telling us that they are. So, it must be true (more fake news). You show, again, how intolerant the Left really is. The hypocrisy of the "progressive" Left is not lost on those of us that don't share in the Left's twisted paradigm.
You stated earlier that AirTester, "must worry about all of the young people that don't think and look like him"...a typical Lefty/Progressive statement/tactic to show how "tolerant" you are. Yet, you constantly disparage President Trump because of the way he looks by calling him names. Go figure.

AirTester,
Fist time I've heard a brand (Garrett) of metal detector brought in to a political discussion. How do the two relate? Is Garrett the detector choice of the Left (like a Prius or a Subaru with all of the "Gun Control" stickers)? And, go-rebels, you played right along and denied owning one. Why? Is there something I should know about metal detector brands and political affiliation? Will a Left leaning detector work for a Right leaning detectorist and vise-versa ? Thanks.

Dean
July 13, 2017 04:05PM
A prediction.
My crystal ball says.

If a new health care bill doesn't pass into law.
Third party will materialize and fast.

And to be clear here, some democrats will be part of this new third party.

Watch for some new " refreshing" candidates for mid term elections.
Expect both Dems and Reps to get ousted out of their seats.
Expect Trump to lay term limits at the feet of senators and representatives.
They will have to take a stand either way.

Watch Rand Paul.
If he plays this right, he has a bigger future politically.
Actually after careful study, Rand Paul had the closet message to Trump.

You can kiss McConnel azz goodbye if the health care bill fizzles.
And Ryan ain't no cinch to stay either.

Expect changes "big" time on both sides of aisle.

And Trump will be leading the charge.

Trump will not run again for second term, hence Trumps's last 2 years in office I feel will be more productive vs 2 term presidents.
He knows this btw.
Ever notice, the last 2'years of a 2 term president are a waste.

Really what we need is a one term limit on president serving a 6 year term.
Would make the position more productive.
And by Trump choosing to be a one term president makes him a standout in the history books.
Especially if when he departs things are substantially better than when he took office.