Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: ON THE HORIZON = MDT-8000
April 05, 2019 12:01AM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How did you confirm it’s not doing better in the h
> ot rocks? Only way I know is to use a machine th
> at does. Have you considered there just no targe
> ts within detector depth? I have sort of the same
> situation with sand.....it deep....real deep. I
> don’t have a machine to confirm I’m getting down t
> o targets. I know they are there to.....but the 8
> 000 still offers me those extra inches over the No
> x. Have you done any testing to see how much dept
> h BOTH machines loose? So Tom.... what were you
> referring to in that sales post.....”so do request
> ....stay tune”???

I and many others have pounded these rock patches with the Equinox and other machines over the winter. Lots of silver coins and gold and silver rings and jewelry were found. Most of the older finds were 1920's to 1950's. We know it was a very popular beach in the 1800's and even colonial coins have been found there. We are just scratching the surface. There are plenty of older coins and rings just an inch or two below what we have been finding with our regular machines. If the Tarsacci could go deeper in the rocks than the detectors we normally use, it should be picking these targets up. I actually think the Equinox has a very slight edge over the MDT when dealing with these hot rocks. I just wish a foot or two of sand would get pulled off the beach because the wet sand is where I think the MDT is going to prove itself.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2019 12:04AM by Badger in NH.
April 05, 2019 03:14AM
Badger...… I'm a little confused. You 'were' doing well under the rocks...….. now you say you are not? IF you have time...… can you clarify?
April 05, 2019 12:14PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Badger...… I'm a little confused. You 'were' doing
> well under the rocks...….. now you say you are not
> ? IF you have time...… can you clarify?

Yes, when I found those two gold rings back in February I thought, here we go, it's finally getting the depth in the rocks that I was hoping for but over time the reality began to sink in that it was just a new area of exposed rock and I happened to be the first on it. I think my Equinox could have just as easily gotten those two rings that morning.

When a new area of rocks is exposed, it gets hit hard by everyone for days or weeks until it gets hunted out. We just keep going over and over the same area. I switch back and forth between the MDT and the Equinox to see if either one can get any targets at all. If the MDT had a depth advantage in these rocks, it should be fairly obvious. Time and time again since I bought the MDT, the Equinox has shown that it could find more targets in the hot rocks. Not a lot, but enough to show me that the MDT did not have an advantage. Whenever possible, I would get a signal with the MDT and have someone check it with the Equinox. Not once did I find a target that the Equinox could not pick up.

I've tried all sorts of ground balance and salt balance variations. I can make the rocks be completely silent or make them noisy to the negative or positive.. Silencing the rocks seemed to work best. Black Sand on didn't help. I put many hours in on each frequency. I'm tending to think that these hot rocks are just the great equalizer which all detectors have trouble with. It's as if there is a line of depth here that no detector can see beyond.

I'm not disappointed about it. I know the MDT will outperform any VLF machine on the wet sand. That's what I bought it for. Hunting the rocks is no fun. We've made some nice finds in the rocks but it's back breaking work. We only hunt the rocks when there is no other alternative..

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2019 12:00PM by Badger in NH.
April 05, 2019 05:03PM
Hot rocks are normally caused by to much sensitivity. In AM it amplifies that picking up those tiny pieces of iron here so i have no doubt hot rocks as well. Im of course working in salt water ..... Ive always said... no matter the depth you get in the wet sand..... things change in the water... all things tend to become equal thus far from the machines ive used. The Nox does tend to do a little better on smaller and higher K gold thou. Depth wise thou... couple of inches here difference between the Nox and 8000 for sure in the wet sand on a 3 gram ring and that might even get greater depending on the size of the ring. Ive also made that very statement ..... my such and such machine would have gotten that. There is a good possibility it would have just because its guess work as to how deep things really are in the water. Anyone telling you they got 2' on a ring had best go back to PPing school in most cases. Hot rocks may indeed be blinding your detector to other deeper targets..... i cant say. BUT......i can say here ive dug gold that the Nox would have gotten..... but ive also dug targets i thought were 2 ounce sinker or sun glasses they were so deep.... deep enough i was standing on both sides of the hole ...... saying..... the target is right in the middle of the hole and i had a mound of sand already moved. Believe me when i say i was trying to ID where that target was from every angle thinking it must be somewhere other than the middle of this hole. Ive dug several of those now..... so im pretty convinced the MDT is deeper than my Nox out there. Let me say thou.... when i first started with the Nox...... i said the same about it to the Xcal in PP mode........ still not convinced there is much difference in depth out there between those two...... but clearly the Nox gets the nod for smaller gold.
April 06, 2019 01:51PM
I have a new pair ( never outside my living room ) of Tony Eisenhower MSA waterproof phones for the Tarsacci. Only tested in my living room. I am not a fan of the piezo’s. I prefer speakers.
They are identicle to the ones Dew posted earlier. PM me if interested. Paid $190 asking $170 shipped in US only please.

Carolina
April 06, 2019 04:22PM
Carolina Wrote:
> I have a new pair ( never outside my living room )
> of Tony Eisenhower MSA waterproof phones for the T
> arsacci. Only tested in my living room. I am not a
> fan of the piezo’s. I prefer speakers.
> They are identicle to the ones Dew posted earlier.
> PM me if interested. Paid $190 asking $170 shipped
> in US only please.
>
> Carolina
PM sent

I'll take the headphones if they are still available!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2019 04:35PM by biglry.
April 06, 2019 05:09PM
The early bird gets the worm again! Love those Tony's! smileys with beer

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
April 06, 2019 05:09PM
Thanks to all who have replied. The phones are NOLONGER AVAILABLE. Thanks again to all.

Thomas
April 06, 2019 07:19PM
I think i have 3 pairs of Tonys phones now. Ive talked about the difference from piezos and speakers before. With the Nox and some what the MDT speakers tend to lack a lot of modulation ..... basicly like running 10 out of 10 gain...... Piezos sometimes dont offer the volume.... but gives good modulation especially when sizing a targets. I chose to use Tonys phones on the MDT.... but im using speakers phones on my Nox right now. Sorry you didnt like the Piezos....... but you have to give it to Tony..... he makes a good pair of phones.
April 07, 2019 02:14AM
Tarsacci unit - I am starting to see a pattern. Has to do with size. This detector for freq used (18khz) works nicely on smaller things. Loves spherical shape. And REALLY loves round with opening in middle.
I don’t think a 3 ringer sized target shows the strengths of this detector. Smaller. Could be shape too related as far as 3 ringer shape. Or a combo, How small I don’t know yet. Small cuff buttons, $1 gold coin I suspect are in trouble with Tarsacci. I am not seeing EQx run away from this detector find wise (capable) or on smaller sized targets (excluding birdshot sized targets). Even though EQX Coil is bigger than Tarsacci. Keep in mind my ground not overly mineralized yet I think I am seeing mineral play into the equation in my area with Tarsacci. Meaning Tarsacci is capitalizing on the mineralization. More to come.
There is definitley something under the hood of Tarsacci- for a single freq ops platform. I know this much.

Wish I could get over deep undisturbed gold ring (smaller) to compare Eqx and Tarsacci.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2019 02:26AM by tnsharpshooter.
April 07, 2019 03:32AM
Thanks for the report.

Just got mine couple days ago, only have a couple hours on it. Still just getting acquainted.....

Aaron
April 07, 2019 03:47AM
Aaron Wrote:
> Thanks for the report.
>
> Just got mine couple days ago, only have a couple
> hours on it. Still just getting acquainted.....
>
> Aaron

You’ll get there. Stay with it.
April 07, 2019 12:44PM
I guess as fate would have it, I am going to be getting Chris's Tarsacci machine. Will hopefully go pick it up one afternoon this week. I look forward to spending some time on it in places other than the fired bullet site.
April 07, 2019 12:52PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> I think i have 3 pairs of Tonys phones now. Ive
> talked about the difference from piezos and speake
> rs before. With the Nox and some what the MDT sp
> eakers tend to lack a lot of modulation ..... basi
> cly like running 10 out of 10 gain...... Piezos so
> metimes dont offer the volume.... but gives good m
> odulation especially when sizing a targets. I ch
> ose to use Tonys phones on the MDT.... but im usin
> g speakers phones on my Nox right now. Sorry you
> didnt like the Piezos....... but you have to give
> it to Tony..... he makes a good pair of phones.

Don’t get me wrong, I have dealt with Tony for years and he makes quality phones no doubt. The issue I had could be my ears. The volume was fine, could not run higher than 10 for me. The issue I had comparing piezo’s to speakers was the separation of the Disc. tone and the All Metal tone when running mixed mode. The all metal over powered the disc. tone for my hearing. I generally build my own phones and have a set of MSA muffs that I have some old 600 ohm kobetone speakers in, like the old rat phones used to use. The separation from disc. tone to all metal is perfect for my ears. Again volume was never an issue with the piezo’s.
April 07, 2019 03:30PM
I totally understand what you are saying. Just like the Xcal piezos work well in a PP or AM mode. I believe he would have done them with speakers as well. U R right AM overwhelmes disc mode. I have used the machine in mixed mode but my hunting is more AM in the water....little less ping pong so I do more reverse disc
April 08, 2019 02:59AM
This wavering behavior Tarsacci does on elongated ferrous in AM.
I’ll put this video back up here in this thread in case someone missed.
[m.youtube.com]

Now, something for folks here to ponder both say relic hunters and salt sand/beach hunters.
What might be a good idea to do if you hear this waiver if say you are hunting a site using All metal with Tarsacci?
Assuming sparse ferrous site/beach setting.

Don’t think EQx line gives the same hint to detectorist. Hence they may lose and Tarsacci user may win.

There is actually a clue in one of my comparison videos I did using Tarsacci. Tarsacci might be classified here as a guide dog for detectorist.
Although I haven’t used bbs detector. I don’t think fbs/fbs2 or bbs can help user here either like Tarsacci can.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2019 03:38AM by tnsharpshooter.
April 08, 2019 10:41AM
For the beach ..... you are testing the wrong targets IMO. Surface does matter..... turn a gold ring on end then hit it from the other angle with less surface. This is where most machine loose a lot of depth. But the MDT seems to do very well when compared to other machines retaining more depth even on the slight edge of the ring. Just curious.... have you tried turning say a nickel on edge where the machine doesnt see ROUND? The digits will give you hints on deep targets.... bouncing to high digit..... but if you catch a few in the low range you best dig that target. A good many of the machines ive used in AM on the beach double beeps on iron..... again depending on the amount of surface. Some even have that RUBBER BAND affect ..... where the sounds seems to pull then snap.
April 08, 2019 11:14AM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> For the beach ..... you are testing the wrong targ
> ets IMO. Surface does matter..... turn a gold ri
> ng on end then hit it from the other angle with le
> ss surface. This is where most machine loose a
> lot of depth. But the MDT seems to do very well
> when compared to other machines retaining more dep
> th even on the slight edge of the ring. Just curi
> ous.... have you tried turning say a nickel on edg
> e where the machine doesnt see ROUND? The digits
> will give you hints on deep targets.... bouncing t
> o high digit..... but if you catch a few in the lo
> w range you best dig that target. A good many of
> the machines ive used in AM on the beach double be
> eps on iron..... again depending on the amount of
> surface. Some even have that RUBBER BAND affect .
> .... where the sounds seems to pull then snap.

Has nothing really to do with type of nonferrous, what I was referring to. An nonferrous object in an old relic site could be a worthy target. Any nonferrous target on salt water beach could be worthy like gold ring, silver coin/jewelry.. So one would think ferrous would bother a VLF detector in a salt sand/water beach setting similar to land hunting. I haven’t hunting in these salt environments. So could I Take Tarsacci and walk right behind CTX runner and make a gold ring find on a salt beach ?? I think so.
Could I take Tarsacci on a old relic site and make a nonferrous find hunting right behind EQx user or even a Deus user. I think so. Even hunt behind myself using the aforementioned detectors.

Now I’m not saying what the Tarsacci does here will pay off for a person all the time. But it does expose a VLF detector weakness detection wise. And even takes advantage I think of folks running pulse induction detectors (currently released to public for purchase).

I might even in old site with sparse iron that I know has been hunted hard with great detectors for such a site actually use Tarsacci and do just this one thing looking for this one scenario behavior and see what happens. And old park too this might pay off.

Like I said. There is a clue in one of the videos I posted here where Tarsacci was compared to other detectors.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2019 11:27AM by tnsharpshooter.
April 08, 2019 02:02PM
I am fixing to post some short video clips from one of my comparison videos I did with Tarsacci and posted here yesterday.

The clips will not be in the order they were actually videoed (not the actual sequence of events that took place- over just one suspect target that indeed turned out to be a nonferous target.
By doing this I think it is very educational.

First clip.
What does this tell a Tarsacci user??? Pretend the cap is not there and you have no idea a nonferrous target exist thus far if you experienced what is seen in video.
[m.youtube.com]

Could I get the same intel shown above with Tarsacci with CTX or Etrac?? I certainly can’t. A threshold dropping out don’t give me same info using these Minelabs vs Tarsacci.

So Tarsacci is painting what seems like an elongated ferrous something. What does this tell us right off the bat as far as VLF detector use?? Seems Tarsacci has found what we call in metal detecting land as a real estate hog, right?

If something nonferrous is discovered near an elongated piece of ferrous, what usually has to be done ?

Another clip showing same suspect target swept in mixed mode and AM.
Notice my coil sweeping orientation in video where worthy signal is gotten using mixed mode. And notice when best signal is achieved using mixed mode, notice the coil is slid bad a tad when sweeping suspect target.
[m.youtube.com]

Reference video posted on this forum as head to head video thread. Where clips where taken and posted above. Clips came from around the 12 minute mark in video.

Edited 17 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2019 03:53PM by tnsharpshooter.
April 08, 2019 04:05PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> The Tarsacci is not my first choice... in carpets
> of nails. The XP GMP is first-choice. Then the F75
> with 5" DD coil is second-choice. BUT..... the Tar
> sacci is well above-average in iron.
> There's something that I've been 'holding up my sl
> eeve' with the Tarsacci (primarily due to the inab
> ility to find 'exacting' numbers). Try Ground Bala
> ncing out the rusted iron-oxides WITH a few small
> pieces of rusty nail. THEN go hunting in carpets o
> f nails! See what happens!
> ((( You can also toy with the Salt Balance...… in
> 'adjusting-out' (blinding) the Tarsacci to actual
> iron. ---This is difficult; yet...…--- ))). I ha
> ve not fully 'mastered' this yet; due to: variable
> s.

Ahh, THIS was the secret I needed when I went up to Virginia relic hunting recently. Although I absolutely love the MDT-8000 on the beach ... btw, I found it very easy to tune and go once you’ve done it a couple of times. But the site we hunted in VA (not Culpepper soil) was, as you mentioned, a “carpet of nails” and scraps of old iron items, both small and large. So much in fact, it was hard to find a clear spot to GB. I experimented with settings, particularly GB, ST, freq. and threshold quite a bit the first morning of the hunt but I couldn’t dial in the sweet spot to give the detector enough stability and smooth running to make it real useful. You guys that relic hunt know with limited time on those hunts, you can only experiment so much before you grab another detector (in my case a Nox 800) that may be easier to handle in the iron, albeit not as deep as the Tarsacci. So, I will definitely give that tip a try the next time I head north, as I would have really preferred to use the Tarsacci.

As an aside and unrelated, I’ve also had big problems using it in trashy parks, in a word - Noisy (I know, that’s not it’s strong suit but I had to try). And because of the fast target response, I wanted to give it a try in competition hunting. Not recommended - it does not play nice with that crowded a playground. WAY too much crosstalk interference.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2019 04:35PM by Gary in Daytona.
April 08, 2019 04:19PM
Badger in NH Wrote:
> NASA-Tom Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Badger...… I'm a little confused. You 'were' doi
> ng
> > well under the rocks...….. now you say you are n
> ot
> > ? IF you have time...… can you clarify?
>
>
> Yes, when I found those two gold rings back in Feb
> ruary I thought, here we go, it's finally getting
> the depth in the rocks that I was hoping for but o
> ver time the reality began to sink in that it was
> just a new area of exposed rock and I happened to
> be the first on it. I think my Equinox could have
> just as easily gotten those two rings that morning
> .
>
> When a new area of rocks is exposed, it gets hit h
> ard by everyone for days or weeks until it gets hu
> nted out. We just keep going over and over the sam
> e area. I switch back and forth between the MDT an
> d the Equinox to see if either one can get any tar
> gets at all. If the MDT had a depth advantage in t
> hese rocks, it should be fairly obvious. Time and
> time again since I bought the MDT, the Equinox has
> shown that it could find more targets in the hot r
> ocks. Not a lot, but enough to show me that the MD
> T did not have an advantage. Whenever possible, I
> would get a signal with the MDT and have someone c
> heck it with the Equinox. Not once did I find a ta
> rget that the Equinox could not pick up.
>
> I've tried all sorts of ground balance and salt ba
> lance variations. I can make the rocks be complete
> ly silent or make them noisy to the negative or po
> sitive.. Silencing the rocks seemed to work best.
> Black Sand on didn't help. I put many hours in on
> each frequency. I'm tending to think that these ho
> t rocks are just the great equalizer which all det
> ectors have trouble with. It's as if there is a li
> ne of depth here that no detector can see beyond.
>
> I'm not disappointed about it. I know the MDT will
> outperform any VLF machine on the wet sand. That's
> what I bought it for. Hunting the rocks is no fun.
> We've made some nice finds in the rocks but it's b
> ack breaking work. We only hunt the rocks when the
> re is no other alternative..
>
> .
We don’t have many (any) hot rocks down here in Florida, but it’d almost be worth tossing a few in a flat rate box and ship them to Tom or Dimitar to experiment with best settings to tune them ‘out’. I think (feel) there may be untapped performance even in your rocky environment. Absolutely no reflection on your abilities intended Badger, I know that’s your home turf and you’ve probably tried about every setting combo you could think of. If nothing else, maybe this could help with a performance enhancement for V2.0.
April 08, 2019 04:22PM
Carolina Wrote:
> I have a new pair ( never outside my living room )
> of Tony Eisenhower MSA waterproof phones for the T
> arsacci. Only tested in my living room. I am not a
> fan of the piezo’s. I prefer speakers.
> They are identicle to the ones Dew posted earlier.
> PM me if interested. Paid $190 asking $170 shipped
> in US only please.
>
> Carolina

Do they connect directly to the Tarsacci, or do you still need the pigtail. Or post a photo of connector?
(I see they’ve sold but would still like to know from someone who bought a pair. Couldn’t find the post that was mentioned)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2019 04:36PM by Gary in Daytona.
April 08, 2019 05:34PM
Gary in Daytona Wrote:
> Carolina Wrote:
> -----
> > I have a new pair ( never outside my living room
> )
> > of Tony Eisenhower MSA waterproof phones for the
> T
> > arsacci. Only tested in my living room. I am not
> a
> > fan of the piezo’s. I prefer speakers.
> > They are identicle to the ones Dew posted earlie
> r.
> > PM me if interested. Paid $190 asking $170 shipp
> ed
> > in US only please.
> >
> > Carolina
>
>
> Do they connect directly to the Tarsacci, or do yo
> u still need the pigtail. Or post a photo of conne
> ctor?
> (I see they’ve sold but would still like to know f
> rom someone who bought a pair. Couldn’t find the p
> ost that was

They have the waterproof M8 connector and are fully waterproof. The M8 connector sends the cable over the shaft unlike the supplied pig tail that sends the cable straight down. Much nicer in my opinion. Quality built phones 100% water proof.
April 08, 2019 05:37PM
Yes I provided the pin out and the M8 to Tony for mine. You can just get an M8 4pin which has solderless connectors and put them on any waterproof pair as well. Yes the connect directly. I agree they don’t play well with some machines....me and Cliff found that out. Have you tried hunting in the park in AM instead of disc? That seems to settle those false tones you get. I Prefer not to use disc in the water....not that I can’t ....there’s just less chatter.... easier for me to determine small targets over minerals
April 08, 2019 06:19PM
Gary in Daytona Wrote:
> Badger in NH Wrote:
> -----
> > NASA-Tom Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > Badger...… I'm a little confused. You 'were' d
> oi
> > ng
> > > well under the rocks...….. now you say you are
> n
> > ot
> > > ? IF you have time...… can you clarify?
> >
> >
> > Yes, when I found those two gold rings back in F
> eb
> > ruary I thought, here we go, it's finally gettin
> g
> > the depth in the rocks that I was hoping for but
> o
> > ver time the reality began to sink in that it wa
> s
> > just a new area of exposed rock and I happened t
> o
> > be the first on it. I think my Equinox could hav
> e
> > just as easily gotten those two rings that morni
> ng
> > .
> >
> > When a new area of rocks is exposed, it gets hit
> h
> > ard by everyone for days or weeks until it gets
> hu
> > nted out. We just keep going over and over the s
> am
> > e area. I switch back and forth between the MDT
> an
> > d the Equinox to see if either one can get any t
> ar
> > gets at all. If the MDT had a depth advantage in
> t
> > hese rocks, it should be fairly obvious. Time an
> d
> > time again since I bought the MDT, the Equinox h
> as
> > shown that it could find more targets in the hot
> r
> > ocks. Not a lot, but enough to show me that the
> MD
> > T did not have an advantage. Whenever possible,
> I
> > would get a signal with the MDT and have someone
> c
> > heck it with the Equinox. Not once did I find a
> ta
> > rget that the Equinox could not pick up.
> >
> > I've tried all sorts of ground balance and salt
> ba
> > lance variations. I can make the rocks be comple
> te
> > ly silent or make them noisy to the negative or
> po
> > sitive.. Silencing the rocks seemed to work best
> .
> > Black Sand on didn't help. I put many hours in o
> n
> > each frequency. I'm tending to think that these
> ho
> > t rocks are just the great equalizer which all d
> et
> > ectors have trouble with. It's as if there is a
> li
> > ne of depth here that no detector can see beyond
> .
> >
> > I'm not disappointed about it. I know the MDT wi
> ll
> > outperform any VLF machine on the wet sand. That
> 's
> > what I bought it for. Hunting the rocks is no fu
> n.
> > We've made some nice finds in the rocks but it's
> b
> > ack breaking work. We only hunt the rocks when t
> he
> > re is no other alternative..
> >
> > .
> We don’t have many (any) hot rocks down here in Fl
> orida, but it’d almost be worth tossing a few in a
> flat rate box and ship them to Tom or Dimitar to e
> xperiment with best settings to tune them ‘out’. I
> think (feel) there may be untapped performance eve
> n in your rocky environment. Absolutely no reflect
> ion on your abilities intended Badger, I know that
> ’s your home turf and you’ve probably tried about
> every setting combo you could think of. If nothing
> else, maybe this could help with a performance enh
> ancement for V2.0.

The hot rocks that are causing the interference are pretty big, 10 - 20 pounds most of them. It's not an easy place to dig.

I never pass up an opportunity to learn. I would love to have someone show me how to get more hot rock performance out of this machine. I've done everything Dimitar instructed me to do and put a lot of hours in hunting and experimenting.

Here is a video of one of the spots we hit a lot over the winter. Every once in a while, the sand would move a little and expose a new area. A target ID detector that could go a few inches deeper than the Equinox could really clean up at these places. I wasn't there this day.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2019 06:55PM by Badger in NH.
April 08, 2019 07:40PM
I’ve water hunted in all kinds of environments but not in rocks like that. Their still getting the goods though!

I wundah if dehs any shocks in dat wadder?

Aaron

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
April 08, 2019 08:08PM
Craig in CT has similar conditions ....... just crazy. The rocks alone has your detector 4" or more above the targets. I know its not practical..... but when we did some gold detecting with a lot of hot rock.... we had to rake or remove some rocks and hunt a small portion at a time. Really time consuming. Air gap and distance to the targets certainly dont help. You may not be able to hunt that like ..... recent drop hunting.... scan and go. If its target rich...... thou time consuming id remove rocks a little at a time...... there is several inches to be had doing that. You know everyone is hunting the same way you are...... change it up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2019 08:26PM by dewcon4414.
April 09, 2019 05:50AM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> Craig in CT has similar conditions ....... just cr
> azy. The rocks alone has your detector 4" or more
> above the targets. I know its not practical.....
> but when we did some gold detecting with a lot of
> hot rock.... we had to rake or remove some rocks a
> nd hunt a small portion at a time. Really time co
> nsuming. Air gap and distance to the targets cer
> tainly dont help. You may not be able to hunt th
> at like ..... recent drop hunting.... scan and go.
> If its target rich...... thou time consuming id re
> move rocks a little at a time...... there is sever
> al inches to be had doing that. You know everyon
> e is hunting the same way you are...... change it
> up.

That's great idea to remove the top layer of rocks, a small area at a time. I have done that at other sites but that was a long time ago. It will be easy now that the weather has warmed up. I'll give it a try next time.
April 09, 2019 06:46AM
If anybody could help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I am buying Chris's Tarsacci detector. His brother is trying to get everything together so I can go pick it up but we do not know what all it is supposed to come with as far as headphones, charging cable, etc. If any of you guys could post a picture of the headphones, charging cable (I'm assuming it has one?) I would greatly appreciate it. Didn't see anything in the manual that showed any of this. I would like to be able to send his brother a text picture of everything so that he can have something to go by in rounding it all up. If you don't know how to post pics here, PM me and I will send you my phone # and you can text it to me. Thanks again!
April 09, 2019 10:08AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> If anybody could help me out, I'd greatly apprecia
> te it.
>
> I am buying Chris's Tarsacci detector. His brothe
> r is trying to get everything together so I can go
> pick it up but we do not know what all it is suppo
> sed to come with as far as headphones, charging ca
> ble, etc. If any of you guys could post a pictur
> e of the headphones, charging cable (I'm assuming
> it has one?) I would greatly appreciate it. Didn
> 't see anything in the manual that showed any of t
> his. I would like to be able to send his brother a
> text picture of everything so that he can have som
> ething to go by in rounding it all up. If you don
> 't know how to post pics here, PM me and I will se
> nd you my phone # and you can text it to me. Than
> ks again!

This should do.
Video showing all. Mine actually.
[m.youtube.com]

Don’t forget the pigtail. My unit came with 2 coil bolts.
No users manual come with unit. Or start up guide.
Here are both startup guide and users manual where Mr Dankowski posted here.
[drive.google.com]
[drive.google.com]

And here’s the pics I did.
Received unit.
This is how it is packed.
Pics taken with iPad mini
Quality of pics could be lacking vs how this detector really looks here in the pics -fit and finish wise

Headphones and pig tail

Coil and coil cover

Control unit with upper and lower rods

Pic of back of control head

Charger box with batteries (2) inside

Charger and batteries

Backpack

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2019 12:13PM by tnsharpshooter.