Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ owners - Salt training 101

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: CZ owners - Salt training 101
November 26, 2019 08:24AM
Erosion. Would be helpful to wet sand beach hunters if you could get a sand report for the coast. Sort of a forecast describing what Tom said about the sand erosion. If it was only as accurate as the regular weather forecast that would be an awesome tool. A look at the report, choose your beach, and off you go.
There would have to be a reason to have a report like that...and it wouldn't exist just for the help of beach hunters.
November 26, 2019 12:09PM
Robocop...…. yes...…… I meant to also say: Cocoa Beach, FL.
November 26, 2019 03:31PM
That's a big wide beach at Cocoa Beach. I think the Cape really shelters it from erosion. I used to do Lori Wilson park south to the Minuteman causeway.

I retired from the Space Center after 34 years. Now I'm hooked on the 1715 beaches.
November 26, 2019 04:05PM
wow....I didn't know beaches can change that fast. Thats what I get for living in the desert. eye popping smiley

HH
Mike
November 26, 2019 08:06PM
Robocop, how are you making out down there? I have hit the beach behind the museum close to Sebastion Inlet and up to Melbourne looking for a piece of the queens treasure. I have to say, that's a clean beach....not many signals at all...especially compared to Jersey beaches. Did you ever find jewelry or coins from the wrecks of 1715?
November 26, 2019 10:37PM
Yes, I have been lucky

[www.wesh.com]
November 27, 2019 12:10AM
Warren …… sounds like we worked together.
Yes...… the Cape jets out in grand fashion...…… and shelters Jetty Park..... all the way down to Patrick AFB; hence, minimal erosion when a NorEaster strikes. Seeing the Cape from an aerial view..... truly accentuates the "understanding" of the provided shelter.
VERY NICE Spanish..... by the way! (((It is the undocumented shipwrecks....that produce the most))). (((And..... in this case...…. Sensitivity to small gold....is critical/paramount))).
November 27, 2019 10:07AM
Warren, what a thriller....thanks for answering.

Between the H and L tides we can detect the wet sand on the Fla coast, but not in the water because they are leased out to treasure hunters by the state, correct? I heard the lease owners patrol their areas to catch any violators.

Isn't that nice of the state to lease out our ocean.....doesn't sit right with me.....fill me in, please.
November 27, 2019 10:50AM
Yes the Treasure Salvage leases go back to the lawsuit when the state of Florida sued Mel Fisher when he found the Atocha in the Florida Keys (1985).

The state of Florida lost the lawsuit in Federal Supreme court when Mel Fisher proved the Atocha was in International waters not State waters because the International boundary line was closer to the state on the Caribbean side of the state.

Mel Fisher than made a concession to the state of Florida that he would give than a share of the Atocha if the state of Florida would give him the salvage rights to the 1715 fleet in perpetuity. The state of Florida agreed for a 20% share of the 1715 fleet.

I think the lease system is a process that ensures the state will get their share and some control is exercised for safety concerns and it won't wind up being like the wild west out there.

Actually now I am a partner in a salvage boat. A group of friends put together a team and a boat and we are looking for the "source" of the goodies.
November 27, 2019 01:06PM
smileys with beer To finding the Queens treasure, good luck, Warren....keep us posted if you can.
November 27, 2019 02:11PM
I forgot to mention.

If Mel Fisher didn't make and win that fight (with his own funds) there would probably be no opportunity today for any private citizens in any place in the US to work treasure salvage.
November 27, 2019 11:00PM
robocop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I forgot to mention.
>
> If Mel Fisher didn't make and win that fight (with
> his own funds) there would probably be no opportun
> ity today for any private citizens in any place in
> the US to work treasure salvage.

Ain't that the truth.
November 28, 2019 01:35AM
Warren...…. Do you know Roy Volker?
November 28, 2019 11:07AM
I read his books. He may have attended the Treasure Hunter's picnic in Wabasso at one time.