Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

MX Sport Audio Modulation, VCO, Iron Grunt, slight hum from backlight

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: MX Sport Audio Modulation, VCO, Iron Grunt, slight hum from backlight
July 21, 2016 05:59PM
detectingMO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > As far as modulation, I Can't give an accurate
> > fair assessment here,,,,cause I've never used a
> > detector using it ( with it turned on).
>
> But you have and do. Racer, Racer 2, Deus, etc

When I did run a V3i, I never used modulation.
I have never owned or operated a MXT.

I am not comfortable here,,,comparing MX Sport modulation,,to some other detectors.
I am erring on the side of ignorance and caution here,,,for good reason..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2016 06:06PM by tnsharpshooter.
July 21, 2016 06:03PM
Okay, Tom Boykin, here is what I have received so far:

1st unit Received Monday, June 13, 2016 SN 6125-0347-031-E7SA Customer service said it needed update - dealer asked White's to replace it because I had stipulated I wanted a unit already updated, not one I had to immediately return to White's (note: it had SAT 8)

2nd Received Friday, July 8 SN 6107- (all I remember) built April 16 (107th day of year) Customer service told me it was built in March and needed update. (note: it had SAT 8)

3rd Received Wednesday, July 13 SN 6175-0347-001-4B96 Customer Service told me it was built on MAY 23 (was June 23 by 175 in SN); hum from back light; VCO implemented but practically unusable because it kills the signal at such a short range from the target. AudMod is a figment of somebody's imagination. (note: it has SAT 8!)

4th Received Friday, July 15 SN 6175-0347-066-F2FE hum from back light and bad + button (note both units made on June 23 have hum from back light); Hot mess to try to figure out due to inoperative + button. Best I can tell, VCO is worse than 3rd unit due to distortion/noise/breakup introduced into target signal. AudMod is too poorly implemented to make any sense of. (note: it has SAT 8)

For the record, no faceplate cracks found in any of these units.

Tom, you make it sound like Engineering deliberately implemented AudMod in a different way than normal or past practice. Surely there is some explanation as to why they did this, if truly intentionally, but there has been no explanation given in the manual or website or forum or youtube as to why it was done this way and how to use it for improved performance. Shouldn't the goal of any feature be improved performance or convenience to the operator? Makes statements such as "some users prefer a different implementation" sound like a dodge. Because it's a dodge. No testers mentioned poor VCO and AudMod implementation? Where was Product Engineering and in-house testing? Why did they not catch these problems?

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2016 07:19PM by ncwayne.
July 21, 2016 06:11PM
tboykin Wrote:
> Kemper94 Wrote:
> -----
> > Forums are such a small piece of the pie, and
> hard
> > to get n idea of the scope because there are
> > usually a few people who post very often.--
> > tboykin
> > Let's use the forum to see what's out there.--
> > tboykin
> >
> >
> > Anybody see the problem here ?
>
>
> Oops! Missed an "A," sorry about that. Should be
> "hard to get AN idea." I will leave it as-is in
> the original message. It's good evidence that I'm
> not perfect!

No, you missed the point. The point is that you are contradictory. It seems you are only trying to quite the noise where it erupts. The same way you only wanted to address an issue with the machine if someone noticed it. The same way your forum quiets the noise by locking threads without addressing the questions on them. I doubt you will be around trying to quiet the noise when these machines are out of warranty and have problems that are the result of poor quality.

Give people the choice by offering a refund and return shipping label so they can get out of the problem your company created. You can then inspect and fix the machines and record the serial numbers so there will be a record of the machines that are as advertised.
2 questions for White's re MX Sport issues
July 21, 2016 07:34PM
One thing that has not been mentioned regarding the MX Sport is the possibility that some of the shortcomings of the machine's performance related to VCO and/or Audio Modulation may be due to design flaws that might require changes to PCBs or surface mounted or other components to rectify. I hesitate to ask if White's is confident that changes in firmware, if and when they decide to fix ALL that's broken about the MX Sport, will be enough?

Secondly, if an individual sends a unit back for repair because AudMod is not usable, a point on which all parties seem to agree, will White's do "whatever it takes," a White's customer service promise I have heard several times, to fix AudMod for that individual?

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
July 21, 2016 11:10PM
Kemper94 Wrote:
> tboykin Wrote:
> First White's need
> > to get handle on how big the problem is.
>
>
> No, first White's need to offer a full refund and
> send a shipping label to anyone that has bought
> one and want to return it. The machine is White's
> problem. Once Whites has the machine back they can
> address their problem without getting the consumer
> involved unless they want to be part of White's
> problem.
>
> You jacked the consumer around enough so don't
> play the " let's work together " card on people
> that just wanted a detector and no problems. If
> you are not willing to do what I suggested here
> you are not serious about solving the problem you
> created.

I totally agree - The unit could well have been sorted out BUT I fear there is no fixing (tboykin), who IMHO has dropped the ball & failed at their job - He should be sacked/replaced with a person that can conduct an efficient support system instead of pouncing about with a few loyal supporters, thinking how great thou art -

News for you management guy (tboykin) - YOU failed White's simply with YOUR attitude so do the right thing - Quit, so White's can move in a positive direction & NOT a public deception or even a pictorial deflection -

Finally you write "It's good evidence that I'm not perfect!" - I think you will find that everyone has worked this out already, but congratulations on your part for recognizing the problem - Now you know why you should do the right thing - Bye

[www.earthscan.co.nz]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2016 11:18PM by rustic charm.
July 21, 2016 11:22PM
ncwayne Wrote:
> Okay, Tom Boykin, here is what I have received so
> far:
>
> 1st unit Received Monday, June 13, 2016 SN
> 6125-0347-031-E7SA Customer service said it needed
> update - dealer asked White's to replace it
> because I had stipulated I wanted a unit already
> updated, not one I had to immediately return to
> White's (note: it had SAT 8)
>
> 2nd Received Friday, July 8 SN 6107- (all I
> remember) built April 16 (107th day of year)
> Customer service told me it was built in March and
> needed update. (note: it had SAT 8)
>
> 3rd Received Wednesday, July 13 SN
> 6175-0347-001-4B96 Customer Service told me it was
> built on MAY 23 (was June 23 by 175 in SN); hum
> from back light; VCO implemented but practically
> unusable because it kills the signal at such a
> short range from the target. AudMod is a figment
> of somebody's imagination. (note: it has SAT 8!)
>
> 4th Received Friday, July 15 SN
> 6175-0347-066-F2FE hum from back light and bad +
> button (note both units made on June 23 have hum
> from back light); Hot mess to try to figure out
> due to inoperative + button. Best I can tell, VCO
> is worse than 3rd unit due to
> distortion/noise/breakup introduced into target
> signal. AudMod is too poorly implemented to make
> any sense of. (note: it has SAT 8)
>
> For the record, no faceplate cracks found in any
> of these units.
>
> Tom, you make it sound like Engineering
> deliberately implemented AudMod in a different way
> than normal or past practice. Surely there is some
> explanation as to why they did this, if truly
> intentionally, but there has been no explanation
> given in the manual or website or forum or youtube
> as to why it was done this way and how to use it
> for improved performance. Shouldn't the goal of
> any feature be improved performance or convenience
> to the operator? Makes statements such as "some
> users prefer a different implementation" sound
> like a dodge. Because it's a dodge. No testers
> mentioned poor VCO and AudMod implementation?
> Where was Product Engineering and in-house
> testing? Why did they not catch these problems?
>
> Wayne

Wayne, I'm not trying to dodge anything. Sorry if it came across that way. What are your thoughts on how VCO works in All-Metal mode?
July 22, 2016 04:21AM
I know I took a loss off $180.00 on re-sale can I get a credit for a new Whites Detector in the future? Something other then the MX Sport because I have a feeling there is no fixing Audio-mod with a software update.
I have a question what Hardware Wise controls Audio Mod? Did you change that on the MX sport or does it run the same hardware as the MXT?
July 22, 2016 12:26PM
Lord have mercy.

How much money just on shipping cost for Wayne's situation.

I have a question.

What are the current long distance rates for business lines???

I can talk long distance for around $5.50 an hour....

How many folks could I call in an hour,,,and even possibly if they are not home,,leave a message directing the people to a website somewhere where they can do follow up communications.

This cancer needs to be eliminated for all folks units,,,Why??

Because if it is not,,,it will keep rearing its head.

Something even a company doesn't need.

Command and control,,this is what seems is lacking.

Needs a doctor,,not a paramedic.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2016 01:00PM by tnsharpshooter.
July 22, 2016 02:02PM
This saddens me really, It's like seeing the King loose His Crown, The company that Gave us the World has become the Laughing stock throughout the Whole World,

This project needs to be halted NOW and then Whites can work on it behind the scenes like they did before it was released, That way they could minimize the Damage to the company and Not be under pressure to get it right,

People have been banned from forums, Friends have become enemies, words have been said and WHY ?? because Whites Do Not Listen, And even though they have starting to observe what is being said, They still do not want to let go of the Reigns and keep insisting that they are right,

LISTEN,, they claim the feed back they are getting is positive, well those Views are collected from the Whites Forum So they are 110% INVALID, Because if a person speaks up about the Machine then either the post is DELETED or the Person gets BANNED or the Threat of BOTH,

The MX-S is a Treasure Mate in a WETSUIT and Nothing More, It is a Joke, An escalated CLUSTER £***, Please Whites Let It Die with Dignity, STOP Turning Whites in to the Laughing Stock of the Detecting World,

We have had Enough,

You can recycle the parts in to Treasure Mates and the Coils can be re-plugged to Suit the MXT's VX3's and the V3i with minimal waste, And then TALK TO US

You hear us but YOU are NOT LISTENING,

Work With US, what you want to build and what we want to Buy are 2 different things, So we need to get together on a few things, Because Whites is becoming a DIRTY Word., Ok.

John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2016 02:10PM by auminesweeper.
July 22, 2016 02:08PM
I think Whites needs a new fresh face for leadership. They need a quality minded leader with the motivation and drive to take them back to the top in the present time, and stay there through the future. Someone to take them back the the core fundamentals of what made them great.

Let's make White's great again.

Vote Daniel Tn as president.

I'm Daniel Tn and I approve this message.
July 22, 2016 02:14PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I think Whites needs a new fresh face for
> leadership. They need a quality minded leader
> with the motivation and drive to take them back to
> the top in the present time, and stay there
> through the future. Someone to take them back the
> the core fundamentals of what made them great.
>
> Let's make White's great again.
>
> Vote Daniel Tn as president.
>
>
>
> I'm Daniel Tn and I approve this message.

I would willingly Nominate you, But you have done Nothing to me, So I have No Reason to seek Revenge grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

john
July 22, 2016 03:08PM
John, you do a good job writing out your thoughts and I know you want to see White's succeed. I really appreciate your honesty on here and Steve's forum. I hope it's ok to respond to a few of your points-

auminesweeper Wrote:

> LISTEN,, they claim the feed back they are getting
> is positive, well those Views are collected from
> the Whites Forum

This is not 100% true. When I say we have gotten positive feedback I am referring to social media like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, emails, phone calls, etc. As the media guy I have a birds-eye view of what people are saying on different platforms. It's not ALL positive! But for the most part it is. The only wall post I've had to delete in the past 6 months was an angry customer's Coinmaster video with a bunch of F bombs. Out of thousands of messages received I'd say that's a pretty good batting average. I had to dig into the forums (starting with DP) to uncover more of the negative feedback, and I think I know why.

Older guys use forums. Younger ones use social media. Old guys have more experience with machines, and are more critical of them. We can do a better job getting units in the hands of these for testing, that's clear now. I've already had a few PM's from people who'd like to help with that, and I appreciate it. It's probably the best way you guys can help us out.

> Work With US, what you want to build and what we
> want to Buy are 2 different things, So we need to
> get together on a few things,

Agree with this! The only caveat is that different people want different things. You can't make everyone happy all the time. But you can make most people happy most of the time. There will always be a few people who, no matter what you do, will not be satisfied with a product. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try, and I think we can TRY HARDER and DO BETTER.

I'm only a grunt on the front lines who has been working at White's for a few months. I'm not here to quiet you guys down, tell you how great White's is, or convince you that the MX Sport is the perfect detector for every person to walk the face of the planet. I'm here to listen to what you have to say, answer questions, and hopefully make a positive impact on the company I work for through my efforts. I will make an effort to respond to meaningful discussion with the goal of being a connection to the company for those of you who prefer forums to more modern social media outlets. But I learned quickly that the saying "Don't feed the trolls" is best practise. So personal attacks or things that don't add meaning to the discussion will not be responded to. If I CAN help you, I will.

Wayne, I've been trying to get a response from you by email or phone, but if you prefer the forums that is fine. Please, when you get a chance can you let me know if VCO in All-Metal mode is working to your satisfaction? I have a hunch....
July 22, 2016 03:48PM
Folks,,most have seen where I have commented on my serving in the USAF for over 22 years.

I am no special person by no means.

Currently now just a civilian.

I have learned a few things in my life,,some of these while serving.

First and foremost,,,good Generals on the battlefield they must know when it is time to surrender or admit defeat,,,this does not mean they quit being Generals or even lose the war.

Common sense,,,if a person or company will adhere to,,,will go a long ways towards winning and achievement.

Even from afar,,reading on this forum and others,,,this problem here looks big,,,wonder if I could even get closer vantage point wise how big would it be??

I was going to start a thread yesterday,,for any and all manufacturers reps to read,,but I didn't...

I will post here though,,,because it is obvious these folks need help.

So,,attention White's reps,,,if you are building a detector that does some different or has a different characteristic about it,,,,don't let this new characteristic be shiny chrome like on an auto,,,don't let this shiny chrome cause your company to develop tunnel vision,,,by continually staring at this chrome.

Meaning don't forget about give due care to the other areas of a detector as well.

I think I can say without reservation,,,this has happened before to some manufacturers,,maybe even this one,,and maybe even more than once.

Yep,,this is a detector,,that's all,,but guess what???

Some folks are feeding their children off of hard work put into detector manufacturing,,so what I'm saying here,,White's you have not only let your customers,,potential customers down,,but also your very OWN employees.

Words will not resolve this issue,,only action.

BTW. Daniel gets my vote!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2016 03:56PM by tnsharpshooter.
July 22, 2016 05:10PM
tboykin Wrote:
> John, you do a good job writing out your thoughts
> and I know you want to see White's succeed. I
> really appreciate your honesty on here and Steve's
> forum. I hope it's ok to respond to a few of your
> points-
Tom you are more than welcome respond to my posts as you see fit
>
> auminesweeper Wrote:
> -----
>
> > LISTEN,, they claim the feed back they are
> getting
> > is positive, well those Views are collected
> from
> > the Whites Forum
>
> This is not 100% true. When I say we have gotten
> positive feedback I am referring to social media
> like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, emails, phone
> calls, etc. As the media guy I have a birds-eye
> view of what people are saying on different
> platforms. It's not ALL positive! But for the most
> part it is. The only wall post I've had to delete
> in the past 6 months was an angry customer's
> Coinmaster video with a bunch of F bombs. Out of
> thousands of messages received I'd say that's a
> pretty good batting average. I had to dig into the
> forums (starting with DP) to uncover more of the
> negative feedback, and I think I know why.
>
> Older guys use forums. Younger ones use social
> media. Old guys have more experience with
> machines, and are more critical of them. We can do
> a better job getting units in the hands of these
> for testing, that's clear now. I've already had a
> few PM's from people who'd like to help with that,
> and I appreciate it. It's probably the best way
> you guys can help us out.

Tom, You see these as many folks posting good reviews because they post on the Whites forum, and FB and Twitter etc, But to me I see that some of those people could be members of all three so no doubt that some of those posts are made by the same people, But In all fairness I will meet you half way on that one because there is room for it to go in either direction,
>
>
> > Work With US, what you want to build and what
> we
> > want to Buy are 2 different things, So we need
> to
> > get together on a few things,
>
> Agree with this! The only caveat is that different
> people want different things. You can't make
> everyone happy all the time. But you can make most
> people happy most of the time. There will always
> be a few people who, no matter what you do, will
> not be satisfied with a product. But that doesn't
> mean you shouldn't try, and I think we can TRY
> HARDER and DO BETTER.

This is where things really matter, We are use to our Square metal box detectors and we like them that way because in the prospecting world they will take a beating and they Do Not Fall Over and although some are Fugitives from Weight Watchers they are Built to last So for that Application they are Perfect, The Requests for more modern designs are plentiful and that is a thing that needs more attention from Whites, The Concept of the MX-S is a Good One But here is how I evaluated the machine a few weeks ago, In Each mode there seems to be something that is having a Negative effect and I have listened to how others sayQUOTE its a fraction hotter than the MXT, So I explored that feature of the machine, Where my MXT is Extremely HOT the MXS seems to be set TOO Hot at the Earlier setting so when you turn it up in to the normal Gain areas it seems to miss ID's things, the Coil beeps if it hits a twig, On the Beach my findings seem to be Proven because it false's like Crazy where the Gain can not be set above 3 to 4, The Internal power setting needs to be set lower so the user can make use of the higher settings, Because Even with the MXT If it starts to miss ID things even though the machine runs smooth It will over load the Received signal causing junk to be ID'd as good Targets and vice versa, The other problem being the Pin point mode, Well you told me/us that it had been fixed and that it now pin points to a full 12 inches, So I went and Tested my MXT All Pro using the 10" DD and in the pin point mode it will see a 1977 Quarter out to about 19 to 21 inches until it no longer sees it, Now we all know that the pin point mode is the most powerful mode on a detector, But if the MXS only sees it out to 12 inches then how is it going to find coins deeper, because I am already hitting coin in to the 12 to 14 inch range,

I understand people are going to want other features/Designs on their machine and I except that, But there are two major physical flaws with the MXS One is the Headphone socket because out in the Bush that cable is going to cop a bashing, And Next is the overall layout of the machine Although the plan was to make a light weight machine that just did not happen and the coils Whites has put in to production are from the MXT Format adapted to suit the MXS "Which" is a good Idea, But because of the Balance of the machine There is very little chance of ever being able to use larger Coils on it, Where as the Black Box design makes it possible to use such coils, So to me this Tells me that the MXS has very limited applications. How a proto type looks and feels it the office is going to appeal to everyone but swing that thing for 12 to 14 hours a day with a Large coil on it Like I do and you will feel like a Train Wreck by home time,

We might be older than some of those guys who are having fun But they do not have the knowledge base that I have and they do not know what is even acceptable even on past Whites Models, And YES we do have higher demand/Standards as to the Applications of our machines but that is because we know what is needed because we have struggled with lesser machines at some point in out detecting career, And just because WE have high standards and some things are not acceptable to us. Then why should these younger folk make do with some that is inferior, because what is the point of us gaining the knowledge if it is not shared and used to expand the Hobby / Industry,

>
> I'm only a grunt on the front lines who has been
> working at White's for a few months. I'm not here
> to quiet you guys down, tell you how great White's
> is, or convince you that the MX Sport is the
> perfect detector for every person to walk the face
> of the planet. I'm here to listen to what you have
> to say, answer questions, and hopefully make a
> positive impact on the company I work for through
> my efforts. I will make an effort to respond to
> meaningful discussion with the goal of being a
> connection to the company for those of you who
> prefer forums to more modern social media outlets.
> But I learned quickly that the saying "Don't feed
> the trolls" is best practise. So personal attacks
> or things that don't add meaning to the discussion
> will not be responded to. If I CAN help you, I
> will.
Tom, I have spent thousands of hours Promoting, Teaching, Using and Testing Whites Machines, Answering emails up to 23 to 25 hours a day for over 6 and a half years and I have not received One Cent, For six and a half years I have not even picked up another brand of detector, That's what Whites means to me and when I see things like this, Destroying every thing that I have worked hard to Build by the People whom I was doing it all for, For Free Angers me, And since March this year this is the first time in Six and a half years that I have not been able to Promote Whites as a Brand out of the shear embarrassment of it all, My early posts on this subject might of appeared like Rants but it was with good reason,

Whether people at HQ like it or not Folks have paid their Due's and if Allowed they could be a Great Asset to Whites whether it be Design, Form or Function In the same way that ML has 2 or 3 very well versed people working with them,, You Can't go to War without a Gun, These Guys are Your Guns, You need to read one of Keiths posts here about the minelab sovereign because he has an Idea that Whites needs to Patent and Build NOW,

Anyway mate you are always welcome to pick my Brains but don't mess me around and be straight with me and I will try to repay you in kind.

Take Care, John.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2016 11:40PM by auminesweeper.
July 22, 2016 06:50PM
" This is not 100% true. When I say we have gotten positive feedback I am referring to social media like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, emails, phone calls, etc. As the media guy I have a birds-eye view of what people are saying on different platforms. It's not ALL positive! But for the most part it is. "-- tboykin

Are you claiming this about the feeback for the MX Sport ?
July 22, 2016 09:54PM
Kemper94 Wrote:

> Are you claiming this about the feeback for the MX
> Sport ?

Yes. You can search our Facebook page for some of the finds. I don't delete anything as long as it doesn't contain R rated language- [www.facebook.com]

If you don't trust that, please check out these user groups for more info (made by customers, though I do try and lend advise when I can). They do have some posts about problems, but most are finds-

[www.facebook.com]

[www.facebook.com]

If you don't like Facebook here is a review from MDF.... of the OLD firmware-

[www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk]

How about Amazon-

[www.amazon.com]

Or maybe you prefer videos-

[youtu.be]

Out of a few thousand sold, the legacy forums like DP, Crankowski, and a few threads on FM and TN are the source of most of our negative feedback. Which we definitely need to address. But these are the kinds of numbers we are talking about (and the difference in mediums)-

Facebook has over 1 billion users (our page only has around 22k followers, but it's growing daily)

This forum currently has 5 registered users online and Tnet has 2. Not billion. Or million. Single digits.

I'm not discounting the importance of these forums as I think these are the "Hall of Kings" for metal detecting where you find the most experienced users. I'm just explaining my reasoning. From now on the forums will be included in what White's is doing as far as social media, and I've already contacted a few members here about testing machines in the future for us. People who I respect, and hope to shake hands with some day.

I do not expect this to convince everyone in this thread. I think there may be a few here who are muddying the waters in order to keep me from helping those of you who have something meaningful and constructive to say. Remember what old Bill Shakespeare said - "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."

I will be out enjoying the weather with my MX Sport this weekend, far far away from any kind of computer. Should have an update for ya next week!
July 22, 2016 10:22PM
tboykin Wrote:
> Kemper94 Wrote:
> -----
>
> > Are you claiming this about the feeback for the
> MX
> > Sport ?
>
>
> Yes. You can search our Facebook page for some of
> the finds. I don't delete anything as long as it
> doesn't contain R rated language-
> [www.facebook.com]
>
> If you don't trust that, please check out these
> user groups for more info (made by customers,
> though I do try and lend advise when I can). They
> do have some posts about problems, but most are
> finds-
>
> [www.facebook.com]
>
> [www.facebook.com]
>
>
> If you don't like Facebook here is a review from
> MDF.... of the OLD firmware-
>
> [www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk]
> ?f=24&t=84939
>
>
> How about Amazon-
>
> [www.amazon.com]-
> Headphones/dp/B01D90K7Y6
>
>
> Or maybe you prefer videos-
>
> [youtu.be]
>
>
> Out of a few thousand sold, the legacy forums like
> DP, Crankowski, and a few threads on FM and TN are
> the source of most of our negative feedback. Which
> we definitely need to address. But these are the
> kinds of numbers we are talking about (and the
> difference in mediums)-
>
>
> Facebook has over 1 billion users (our page only
> has around 22k followers, but it's growing daily)
>
> This forum currently has 5 registered users online
> and Tnet has 2. Not billion. Or million. Single
> digits.
>
>
> I'm not discounting the importance of these forums
> as I think these are the "Hall of Kings" for metal
> detecting where you find the most experienced
> users. I'm just explaining my reasoning. From now
> on the forums will be included in what White's is
> doing as far as social media, and I've already
> contacted a few members here about testing
> machines in the future for us. People who I
> respect, and hope to shake hands with some day.
>
> I do not expect this to convince everyone in this
> thread. I think there may be a few here who are
> muddying the waters in order to keep me from
> helping those of you who have something meaningful
> and constructive to say. Remember what old Bill
> Shakespeare said - "The empty vessel makes the
> loudest sound."
>
> I will be out enjoying the weather with my MX
> Sport this weekend, far far away from any kind of
> computer. Should have an update for ya next week!

There is a lot of positive feedback on the MX Sport, and a lot of negative.--tboykin ( Findmall July 18 )
It's not ALL positive! But for the most part it is.--tboykin ( Dankowski forum July 22 )

Can't wait for your update next week, Sounds like people are becoming more positive about this machine as time goes on. confused smiley
July 22, 2016 11:19PM
Hmmm>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2016 04:03PM by auminesweeper.
July 22, 2016 11:51PM
Just a few sayings

A bling Hog finds an Acorn every once in a while.
Leave well enough alone.
If you put lipstick on a Hog it's still a Hog.
If it smells like crap it's crap.
The MXS is finding stuff
You can shine a turd but it's still a turd.

Mr Boykin - Can you imagine how many finds there would be if the MXS worked as it should? Half as good? Tons!!
But with all these issues going on. Questions that need answered. New game plan to figure out. Meetings with engineers. Plugging holes in a sinking ship that's paying you a salary. You are heading out of town far away from any kind of computer this weekend? Shouldn't you all be working around the clock to fix this debacle? This is the beginning of the end.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2016 12:28AM by khouse.
July 22, 2016 11:57PM
Just for the record, I too am a Facebooker. I am a member of several of the larger Facebook metal detecting groups. It was on there where I first saw the pictures of the screen cracking issue. In fact, I was the ONLY person posting anything positive about the MX Sport on two of the biggest groups. One person started a post asking what people's thoughts were about the MXS and if you think some of the posts have been harsh here...you would have been shell shocked when people were saying what they really thought without a forum filter or sensor. So if you are actually going by the Facebook group consensus...they think it is a piece of crap and doesn't hold a candle to the AT series machines or the CTX. The most commonly said/repeated theme was "I'm not spending $700 of my money to be a beta tester for Whites". In all fairness...they do have a huge point.
July 23, 2016 12:11AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Just for the record, I too am a Facebooker. I am a
> member of several of the larger Facebook metal
> detecting groups. It was on there where I first
> saw the pictures of the screen cracking issue. In
> fact, I was the ONLY person posting anything
> positive about the MX Sport on two of the biggest
> groups. One person started a post asking what
> people's thoughts were about the MXS and if you
> think some of the posts have been harsh here...you
> would have been shell shocked when people were
> saying what they really thought without a forum
> filter or sensor. So if you are actually going by
> the Facebook group consensus...they think it is a
> piece of crap and doesn't hold a candle to the AT
> series machines or the CTX. The most commonly
> said/repeated theme was "I'm not spending $700 of
> my money to be a beta tester for Whites". In all
> fairness...they do have a huge point.

Well Done Daniel,, Very little shocks me any more because I have a mouth like a Sewer when my back is up and if it was not for my Respect for the Forum owner I would let her Rip, I am having a tough time holding back as it is because I have a very short fuse, So I hope you feel Honoured by this New Polite ME,, Lol.

John
July 23, 2016 12:28AM
Alright,,I have been playing with my unit some.

And was at the time thinking about some of the things NC Wayne has said.

This information is about my unit--- your mileage may vary.

On my 10" deep nickel in test garden,,,,one I've swung some other good detectors over btw.

This detector beleove it or not give one of the best signals when compared to many of my other detectors currently,,and pas t detectors.

I get the best crisp signal though with SAT at 8.

Now I did play with sensivity running it down,,and comparing other SAT levels,,,IMO sat 8 here is the best.

And this could be caused by my ground minerals.

Using SAT level of 3-4,, this detector very sweep speed sensitive it seems to get a strike on this nickel,,but to be fair remember I'm a Deus user.

I might add,,after comparing audio modulation on and off,,and vco on and off,,,my preference for running this detector,,is to have both off.

With mod on the signal sounds fuzzy on the edges vs being off.
And seems the coil height above ground here when swinging,,,more critical for consistent tone vs mod being off.
Vco here,,no real difference that I could tell.

Here is something though I find strange.

With a surface nickel placed on the ground and vco turned on,,,yep it works,,but you go to SAT level 8,,, vco nonexistent.

I do like how this detector handles ground minerals,,,this place here where my nickel is buried is 4 bars on F75 detector....
I
Ground balance number btw 56 for gee whiz.

I have never been a real believer in using modulation--- I want to hear my targets,,as loud as they will report,,don't like whispers..

Forgot to say,,this was relic mode,,,checked using in 2 tone,,with no disc and with Disc running at 0.

Best signal on deep nickel sensitivity wise level one off of max setting,,running max signal a little washy washy,,,could also get a good signal even running as low as 3 and 4 levels of sens under max.

Relic mode better performer on this target here than coin and jewelry any settings btw.

External speaker used vol set at level 24.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2016 12:43AM by tnsharpshooter.
July 23, 2016 12:46AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Alright,,I have been playing with my unit some.
>
> And was at the time thinking about some of the
> things NC Wayne has said.
>
> This information is about my unit--- your mileage
> may vary.
>
> On my 10" deep nickel in test garden,,,,one I've
> swung some other good detectors over btw.
>
> This detector beleove it or not give one of the
> best signals when compared to many of my other
> detectors currently,,and pas t detectors.
>
> I get the best crisp signal though with SAT at 8.
>
> Now I did play with sensivity running it down,,and
> comparing other SAT levels,,,IMO sat 8 here is the
> best.
>
> And this could be caused by my ground minerals.
>
> Using SAT level of 3-4,, this detector very sweep
> speed sensitive it seems to get a strike on this
> nickel,,but to be fair remember I'm a Deus user.
>
> I might add,,after comparing audio modulation on
> and off,,and vco on and off,,,my preference for
> running this detector,,is to have both off.
>
> With mod on the signal sounds fuzzy on the edges
> vs being off.
>
> Vco here,,no real difference that I could tell.
>
> Here is something though I find strange.
>
> With a surface nickel placed on the ground and vco
> turned on,,,yep it works,,but you go to SAT level
> 8,,, vco nonexistent.
>
> I do like how this detector handles ground
> minerals,,,this place here where my nickel is
> buried is 4 bars on F75 detector....
> I
> Ground balance number btw 56 for gee whiz.
>
> I have never been a real believer in using
> modulation--- I want to hear my targets,,as loud
> as they will report,,don't like whispers..
>
> Forgot to say,,this was relic mode,,,checked using
> in 2 tone,,with no disc and with Disc running at
> 0.

I don't want to worry you but a GB reading of 56 on that machine is quite normal, Mine is up around 67 to 74m

The scale on the MXT and the MXS are about the same, 50 being Neutral 60 being a little hotter Iron content 75 to 85 being Hot and up around 95 being Extreme , Where as readings below 50 IE 42 meaning it is more Salt based minerals, as in Alkali, So a patch of Ground reading 30 can be just as hot as ground that read 70 and a reading of 15 would be just as bad as ground that reads 85.

So below 50 = Salt based and the lower the number the worse it is, and numbers above 50 are Iron based and the Higher the number the worse it is, Ok.

The good news for you is that you can use a concentric in that ground and gain 2 or 3 inches more depth as well as ID'ing etc,

Hope this helps,, John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2016 12:49AM by auminesweeper.
July 23, 2016 12:56AM
John,,I only mentioned gb number for gee whiz.

This ground here,,,where I am concentric coils are taboo.

This is actually some of the milder ground around here,,,,Deus gives a good tone on this nickel,,,F75dst unit not ideal at all-- it don't like mineral.

Daniel Tn has also witnessed how this detector seems to like mineral moreso than many others,,,he is one reason I bought.

To be fair here,,,MX Sport definitely busts this Nickel better than either Racer 1 or Racer 2 with 7x11" coils installed.

Blisstool V6 smashes this nickel even with 7x9" coil.

Deus mineral meter at this particular spot,,reads slightly over half scale.

I would call this particular spot weak 4 bar soil,,,go up the road 4 miles on top of the hill=5 bars,,probably a weak 5 bars.
Daniel has this tuff too,,probably more like medium 5 bars,,based on my reading some of his reports.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2016 12:57AM by tnsharpshooter.
July 23, 2016 01:01AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> John,,I only mentioned gb number for gee whiz.
>
> This ground here,,,where I am concentric coils are
> taboo.
>
> This is actually some of the milder ground around
> here,,,,Deus gives a good tone on this
> nickel,,,F75dst unit not ideal at all-- it don't
> like mineral.
>
> Daniel Tn has also witnessed how this detector
> seems to like mineral moreso than many others,,,he
> is one reason I bought.
>
> To be fair here,,,MX Sport definitely busts this
> Nickel better than either Racer 1 or Racer 2 with
> 7x11" coils installed.
>
> Blisstool V6 smashes this nickel even with 7x9"
> coil.
>
> Deus mineral meter at this particular spot,,reads
> slightly over half scale.
>
> I would call this particular spot weak 4 bar
> soil,,,go up the road 4 miles on top of the hill=5
> bars,,probably a weak 5 bars.
> Daniel has this tuff too,,probably more like
> medium 5 bars,,based on my reading some of his
> reports.

Sorry mate I did not realize you were just using that as an example,

again Sorry about that,

John
July 23, 2016 01:11AM
No problem John,,,,I see folks all the time.,,especially with At Pro try and base their soil minerals on GB reading,,,not totally reliable as you know.
July 23, 2016 01:52AM
So which is it tboykin?

You can lump all of the harsh words, criticism, even insults onto me

I got a chin like a boxer, so I can take pretty much whatever you guys can dish out as long as it's directed at me or White's”

Yet after a nap & a think, you now state -

“I'm only a grunt on the front lines who has been working at White's for a few months. I'm not here to quiet you guys down, tell you how great White's is, or convince you that the MX Sport is the perfect detector for every person to walk the face of the planet. I'm here to listen to what you have to say, answer questions, and hopefully make a positive impact on the company I work for through my efforts. I will make an effort to respond to meaningful discussion with the goal of being a connection to the company for those of you who prefer forums to more modern social media outlets. But I learned quickly that the saying "Don't feed the trolls" is best practice. So personal attacks or things that don't add meaning to the discussion will not be responded to. If I CAN help you, I will”.

You keep on placing demands in your posts in an effort to establish an exit plan – Are all of you guys at White's sook's or is it just you? - First the demands on a publicly shared picture, then personal attacks will not be responded to, when clearly you asked for them earlier on in this thread -

No wonder you guys have no idea – Do the right thing tboykin – QUIT – YOU are clearly a problem

[www.earthscan.co.nz]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2016 02:00AM by rustic charm.
July 23, 2016 02:48AM
I have a question here maybe for Mr Boykin or someone else.

My unit has cracks on edge of faceplate,,so I don't know if waterproofing has been compromised.

I generally don't water hunt.

My question is,,say if I decide to hunt in the rain,,,and my waterproofing has been compromised ,,,,will I get some evidence to reflect like fog in the screen, etc
I mean I wouldn't want to run obviously in the rain if waterproofing or even weather proofing is compromised and kill the detector.

I am asking this because I have read even though cracks have been witnessed,,,seems waterproofing is still intact,,due to crack being outside of oring.

I am in no hurry to send my unit in,,,plan on using some more and testing as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2016 02:55AM by tnsharpshooter.
July 23, 2016 03:20AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> I have a question here maybe for Mr Boykin or
> someone else.
>
> My unit has cracks on edge of faceplate,,so I
> don't know if waterproofing has been compromised.
>
> I generally don't water hunt.
>
> My question is,,say if I decide to hunt in the
> rain,,,and my waterproofing has been compromised
> ,,,,will I get some evidence to reflect like fog
> in the screen, etc
> I mean I wouldn't want to run obviously in the
> rain if waterproofing or even weather proofing is
> compromised and kill the detector.
>
> I am asking this because I have read even though
> cracks have been witnessed,,,seems waterproofing
> is still intact,,due to crack being outside of
> oring.
>
> I am in no hurry to send my unit in,,,plan on
> using some more and testing as well.

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, you will get fog in your screen if you have cracks. We recommend you not take the detector into the water until you are familiar with it thus you will not need to look at the screen.

We also recommend you do quick hunts if hunting in the water as the detector is likely to " fry out " as we call it. This is not an unusual occurrence and in no way indicates you have a machine inferior to others. We have had many customers willing to take the mentioned precautions to protect their machines.

We have also had many reports of people finding stuff laying on the beach and on the surface of the parking lot after experiencing a " fry out " grinning smiley
July 23, 2016 04:55AM
Additional test done,,using both quarter and nickel,,,just sweeping over coil at various distances.

Modulation = On,,,,signal has static vs modulation off

Signal even with coins swept close to coil with modulation on,,,signal quality definitely poorer vs modulation= Off

Tried trash. Relic and coin and jewelry programs

I could here this using external speaker,,,hooked up a good quality aftermarket set of headphones,,,heard the same.

Even played with Deus,

This MX Sport's modulation whatever is messed up here,,,no doubt. Signal quality ( clarity definitely degrades,,even with targets close to coil)

Will be waiting to hear what Daniel find s on his unit.