Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

O.K. new detector testing has started...DeepTech Vista RG-1000.......12/13/12 Update to include the Deep Tech Vista Gold....1/31/13 Update now to include the Vista RELIC and the Vista SMART....2/3/13 Added Nail board 2/11/13 2-ft cache test

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Yeah I was messing about with some bricks at home in the last few days ,some were easy some were impossible for my detectors ,you can only compare detectors against the same brick.
Hi i was looking at the graph at the begining of the thread were the smart gets more depth than the deus, gary at garys detecting said the smart couldnt get the buried hoard test ,so i cant see how it was getting deeper than the deus with the 34cm coil ,i think the graph is wrong .
The Vista SMART and RELIC have arrived...A quick Comparison Video of all models
January 31, 2013 10:08PM
Tested the SMART and RELIC alongside the RG-1000and Gold in my Test plot...

Added a 13" nickle ...

test includes the

10" Dime
11" Dime
12.25" Dime
13" Nickle

Brick/Mineral test with Nickle under it..

Also Iron masking a Eagle Button test....This test is very hard..but I made it like this to show which ones of the series will see it or not see it...

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2013 11:41PM by Keith Southern.
Re: The Vista SMART and RELIC have arrived...A quick Cmarison Video fo all models
January 31, 2013 10:31PM
Thanks for the test Keith its opened my eyes a bit more
I know what my choice would be. Love the iron volume. Really lets the high tone stand out. Thanks Keith!
Excellent!

Just further reinforces my decision in choice of the one I'm saving up for to add to the collection here ;-)

Thanks for sharing Keith and keep the vids comin!
Dirt mineralization AND iron nail handling abilities of the higher freq units ...... is really showing it's colors. (Again).
i wish the small eliptical were out that would be great test to do as well
Recovey test Video of all 4 unit's
January 31, 2013 11:42PM
Tested the recovery speed of the units on my deck dime and nickle...

[www.youtube.com]

Keith
AMCJAVELIN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i wish the small eliptical were out that would be
> great test to do as well

From what I have been told, the small 5x7 elliptical coil is due out about mid March.
the RELIC is a little slow in recovery but in real world hunts or at least in my ground its deep but that was also using the round 11" also i haven't tried the eliptical yet on it
Re: The Vista SMART and RELIC have arrived...A quick Comparison Video of all models
February 01, 2013 12:36AM
The Gold is the very clear winner for me.....faster,deeper,and iron volume turned down makes the targets far easier
to hear.....not to mention far less ear fatigue.

You called it right all along Keith...25khz here I come !

Thanks to Brandon as well.....you need to buy another Gold !! lol
Thank You Keith....You sold alot of machines today!
Man don't rub it in, Keith has managed to sqeak some extra horses out from under the hood, plus i always hunted in disc mode too and just befroe the season was coming to a close i was hunting alot in two tone, just blows my mind what that 25khz is doing for depth
Deeptech made a mistake in not putting iron volume on the SMART.....although I have always been an all metal hear it all guy
what I see with the GOLD is that I don't need to hear all the iron anymore....seems to work better with it turned down low...
that's a BIG bonus.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2013 02:00AM by james1969.
Great Tests, Keith!!!!!! Thank you for the great vids!!! It IS appreciated!!!
Yes when a machine can signal a low tone and a high tone it seems to help in the recovery better than just having one tone ..you have the rejected target null/not report and the accepted target report only when in one tone...but when a machine can signal both rejected and accepted it helps recovery especially a fast machine.

the audio gate is not opening and closing.. it just stays open and flow's....

The beauty of the iron tone or rejected tone is that it is still keeping the audio gate open yet you can lower it with iron volume control...After discovering it on the Xp's and now having it on the GOLD for my hunting style I REQUIRE it (Iron Volume).....

These are just set up test so thing's in ground may change some on real hunt's....

Yet from the first time I ran the SLOW mode BOOSTED on the gold I knew it was something very special...

It really is a dual purpose machine....it's Crazy deep and unmask Crazy well....

Its one of the most intuitive and unique machines that I have ever encountered...

I think the other machines will have forte's in some special area's...

I have spent the last 4 hours trying to find the strength of the Relic....

It seems to really love large item's.....more so than the other's at depth...The RELIC is not a Coin hunter as much as it's a large Artifact collector like WW1 deep helmet's and such....

The SMART is a great machine yet seems more digital than analog...Seems like a refined detector a true all arounder...The recovery speed seems about like the RG 1000 which is a hair slower than the GOLD on Fast...yet the Gold on Slow Boosted punches the crust and get's into the Mantle....LOL!!!

The RG-1000 is a straight forward detector that unmask very well and gets very good depth...

There's a reason the Gold cost the most, it the most adaptable....It has the full toolbox of control's...

Lets step back and think for a minute though...theres not a whole lot of machine that go 10 inches on a dime in my dirt....Maybe 1 or 2 pushing it but that's it..Just the depth test is already way above norm on the first target...

then the unmasking scenario I laid out is strictly only a couple of mahines in the world going to do that....And they take unique feautures to report...(EURO Feature's)

Let's keep an open mind.. Use what you need...I may ad the Slow Boosted mode is a more advanced way to hunt and will run quirky and needs to be given time to adjust to..lots of long ground noise will seep in like that....

Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2013 02:41AM by Keith Southern.
Well my experiences from having the 3 as far as getting the most coins with now this is in my ground up here in norhteast in maine most of its mild but some places you'l get into a area where mineralization is spotty but the most coins i've found have been with the rg 1000, the small and thin button to coins has been with the vista gold and the RELIC bullets buttons and lead pewter items other than the flying eagle cent like muskets balls also those have been my experiences with the vista line up but i've learned alot in recent by watching Keith and maybe later i might have another GOLD in my stable knowing what i know now, just have always ben one that hunted in disc mode and well what can i say?
Keith Southern Wrote:

>
> I have spent the last 4 hours trying to find the
> strength of the Relic....
>
> It seems to really love large item's.....more so
> than the other's at depth...The RELIC is not a
> Coin hunter as much as it's a large Artifact
> collector like WW1 deep helmet's and such....

> Keith

That has my full attention....sounds like an true hoard hunter....if they make a 15 inch coil for it the depth might be
insane.......did you try the non motion all metal in boost?......just an idea for a test is a mason jar
lid at about 18+ inches.

Forgot to ask at what size artefact does the relic start to get deeper than the others........I know my old X-Terra 70 with the 10 inch
DD 7.5khz coil loves anything bigger than matchbox sized.....deep machine that in prospecting mode.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2013 03:23AM by james1969.
Putting Keith's excellent test into reference table format (with some subjectively)

Nice work johnnyanglo...yes subjective....but about right to my ears.

On milder ground depth performances might vary but not the recovery I think.
Wow Johhny great graph....

Thats sure does put things into perspective...

Great info...

If I may on the Mineral test the relic was dead on it...the RG-1000 seemed about 60% the VISTA about 75-80% and the GOLD about 95%

Just guesstimate's...maybe each side of the brick could count for 25% as I go around...

I wish their was a set of standards we could work on and produce and distribute...

like a masking standard poured into resin...with another standard to calibrate your tone break to makes sure it is set right before testing on the masking standard to keep from getting a false positve...

And a Mineral standard...Modern bricks are out ...at least the ones I have tested...so you cant go that route...

maybe certian size container full of a controled measured mixture....

would be nice to have these availabe to provide around the world ...So we could be on the same page...

This last masking test I did for the Video inside the coil cover is still in place...I am thinking am going to lock that one in some resin..keep it for my future test thats a tough test, really expecting more than most machine's can meet......But that's what we want to Know...

Keith
Hi Keith,

thanks for your work, you do very well smiling smiley
All this results are the same I also get by my test. Only by testing in mineralized Ground on my testfield the Smart get a better deep than the Vista Gold. However, this is strong depending on the ground and not always comparably.
The Vista Gold is also my favorite one roman sides, when I put down the iron volume I can hear clearly the smalest copper coins between the iron they sounds like big Items than. That is a great equipment that I not want to miss.

Thanks again,

Martin

www.detektor-import.de
Does the "Gold" tend to false on deep square nails like the CZ (easy to discern) or Etrac (hard to discern running high manual sensitvities)?
go-rebels Wrote:
> Does the "Gold" tend to false on deep square nails
> like the CZ (easy to discern) or Etrac (hard to
> discern running high manual sensitvities)?

Hi,

no in most cases the Vista Gold can recognise/discriminate nails certainly. Only bigger ones can give a high tone with a scratch in disc mode or a high tone with deep tone at end in 2-Tone mode. But it is easy to recognise. This is when the Disc is setting around the first large line. If you use higher disc settings this effect disappears.

Martin

www.detektor-import.de
Keith,

I 'had' a few standardized acrylic-poured 3-dimensional cubes for standardized (base-reference) testing; yet, one particular chief DE took them from my inventory (a good thing). A U.S. clad dime was always the base reference target.
Then....... with the advent of the F75 (especially with boost-process) and the 5" DD coil........... these standardized/base-reference acrylic tools ...... became a bit too easy.
Now........ with the advent of the XP GMP/Deus......... and I speculate the Vista Gold............. a entirely new/different parameter ..... needs to be established and 'standardized'.
Needless to say......... as technology advances........... even these 'new standardized' base-reference tools ...... will also become obsolete.
Interesting video/tests. I'm certain the Blisstool can out gun them in depth...especially in the badly mineralized ground. But it certainly looks like these other machines have a big leg up on target separation and much easier to discern non ferrous from ferrous.
What does th Gold do when it runs into pop tops and aluminum can slaw?
It goes off like wedding bells :-)

Lipservice Wrote:
> What does th Gold do when it runs into pop tops
> and aluminum can slaw?
The test are very hard...My dirt is mineralized....4-6 Fe bars and 88-92 ground on the F75...I live int he Gold Belt of north Ga...so theres also alot of iron ore..

Other machine's struggle to ascertain the 10" dime in my dirt with a diggable signal.....that includes the explorer...

11" dimes are out of the question here in disc mode unless you drop to 1-2 f.e. bar dirt....

so the Vista series is above others in depth especially certian models of Vista's..

and the unmasking test is super hard yet that's where our testing is at right now...

Upper echelon of unmasking is where we are at right now!

except nothing less if you are working iron than the best possible for your unmasking...Why waste time....

Keith