Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

This thread is now off limits .

Posted by possum mo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: OT: Who would you like to see as our next president, and why?tongue sticking out smiley
May 23, 2017 11:12PM
go-rebels Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Courtesy of Wiki for the Deplorables who have no k
> nowledge of this:
>
> The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, en
> acted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal
> law that details the fine and/or imprisonment of u
> nauthorized citizens who negotiate with foreign go
> vernments having a dispute with the United States.
> It was intended to prevent the undermining of the
> government's position. The Act was passed followi
> ng George Logan's unauthorized negotiations with F
> rance in 1798, and was signed into law by Presiden
> t John Adams on January 30, 1799. The Act was last
> amended in 1994, and violation of the Logan Act is
> a felony.

Losers say what?
Re: OT: Who would you like to see as our next president, and why?tongue sticking out smiley
May 23, 2017 11:18PM
We all lost. You just haven't figured that out yet.

[www.politico.com]
May 23, 2017 11:23PM
go-rebels Wrote:
> We all lost. You just haven't figured that out ye
> t.
>
> [www.politico.com]
> get-cut-social-programs-238696

Losers say what?
May 23, 2017 11:32PM
go-rebels Wrote:
> We all lost. You just haven't figured that out ye
> t.
>
> [www.politico.com]
> get-cut-social-programs-238696

As long as he keeps you from using the little girls room then we all won.

HH
John
May 24, 2017 12:46AM
Logan Act?!!!!! LOL , man , are you guys desperate in your denial.
Especially you goodmore after all your posts about the death of the GOP a year ago , followed by six months of silence.
I smell more vodka empties

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2017 12:48AM by shoveler.
May 24, 2017 01:43AM
Six months of silence? I stopped detecting. But I'm flattered that you kept track. Maybe a little Bromance! Maybe I should be careful in the men's room. A little foot tappin going on! Anyways I have no plans to stick around. I basically stopped in to check out the opinions of a few new detectors in case I want to pick the hobby up again. Stop by the Liberal forums. I argue where it is welcome. Tom puts up with this, but I don't think he wants it. Besides I really don't like corresponding with the Finds Jerks that come here. As Go Rebs said in an earlier post.....We don't want Donnie gone. His ability to do nothing and impress his base is fine with us libs. The Rock and Hanks 2020! As we say on this side of Donnie's wall.......Adios! hahahahahah
May 24, 2017 02:46AM
This thread is good for bringing the sore looser out of the woodwork if nothing else . After 8 years of their continual gloating it does a body good to watch them squirm and cry in agony lol .
May 24, 2017 03:10AM
doc holiday Wrote:
> The Forum WAS such a peaceful,informative,and frie
> ndly place and then gorebels resurfaced.

Ain't that the truth. Annoying nutjob.
May 24, 2017 02:29PM
I think that Hank"Guam" Johnson ,check him out on Utube, would be an excellent running mate for Rock.
May 24, 2017 03:54PM
doc holiday Wrote:
> I think that Hank"Guam" Johnson ,check him out on
> Utube, would be an excellent running mate for Rock
> .

He's just a tad sharper than Nancy Pelosi. LINK The leftwing nuts actually voted for these loons, again, again and again.confused smiley

tabman
May 24, 2017 04:03PM
Are you fellas getting tired of the winning yet? Wait... breaking news... looks like the House will join the Senate in slapping subpoenas on Michael Flynn.

And today the CBO says 23 million fall off the ranks of the insured should the newest Republican House health plan, Trumpcare 2.0, become law. And if you have a pre-existing condition you get priced out of the market.

Do any of our forum detectorists have a pre-existing condition?

Oops...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2017 12:59AM by go-rebels.
May 25, 2017 01:35PM
Ozzie, thought you might be interested in this too...

Trump’s Lies vs. Your Brain

Unfortunately, it’s no contest. Here’s what psychology tells us about life under a leader totally indifferent to the truth.

All presidents lie. Richard Nixon said he was not a crook, yet he orchestrated the most shamelessly crooked act in the modern presidency. Ronald Reagan said he wasn’t aware of the Iran-Contra deal; there’s evidence he was. Bill Clinton said he did not have sex with that woman; he did, or close enough. Lying in politics transcends political party and era. It is, in some ways, an inherent part of the profession of politicking.

But Donald Trump is in a different category. The sheer frequency, spontaneity and seeming irrelevance of his lies have no precedent. Nixon, Reagan and Clinton were protecting their reputations; Trump seems to lie for the pure joy of it. A whopping 70 percent of Trump’s statements that PolitiFact checked during the campaign were false, while only 4 percent were completely true, and 11 percent mostly true. (Compare that to the politician Trump dubbed “crooked,” Hillary Clinton: Just 26 percent of her statements were deemed false.)

Those who have followed Trump’s career say his lying isn’t just a tactic, but an ingrained habit. New York tabloid writers who covered Trump as a mogul on the rise in the 1980s and ’90s found him categorically different from the other self-promoting celebrities in just how often, and pointlessly, he would lie to them. In his own autobiography, Trump used the phrase “truthful hyperbole,” a term coined by his ghostwriter referring to the flagrant truth-stretching that Trump employed, over and over, to help close sales. Trump apparently loved the wording, and went on to adopt it as his own.

What happens when a lie hits your brain? The now-standard model was first proposed by Harvard University psychologist Daniel Gilbert more than 20 years ago. Gilbert argues that people see the world in two steps. First, even just briefly, we hold the lie as true: We must accept something in order to understand it. For instance, if someone were to tell us—hypothetically, of course—that there had been serious voter fraud in Virginia during the presidential election, we must for a fraction of a second accept that fraud did, in fact, take place. Only then do we take the second step, either completing the mental certification process (yes, fraud!) or rejecting it (what? no way). Unfortunately, while the first step is a natural part of thinking—it happens automatically and effortlessly—the second step can be easily disrupted. It takes work: We must actively choose to accept or reject each statement we hear. In certain circumstances, that verification simply fails to take place. As Gilbert writes, human minds, “when faced with shortages of time, energy, or conclusive evidence, may fail to unaccept the ideas that they involuntarily accept during comprehension.”

Scarier still for those who have never supported Trump is that he just might colonize their brains, too. When we are in an environment headed by someone who lies, so often, something frightening happens: We stop reacting to the liar as a liar. His lying becomes normalized. We might even become more likely to lie ourselves. Trump is creating a highly politicized landscape where everyone is on the defensive: You’re either for me, or against me; if you win, I lose, and vice versa. Fiery Cushman, a moral psychologist at Harvard University, put it this way when I asked him about Trump: “Our moral intuitions are warped by the games we play.” Place us in an environment where it’s zero-sum, dog-eat-dog, party-eats-party, and we become, in game theory terms, “intuitive defectors,” meaning our first instinct is not to cooperate with others but to act in our own self-interest—which could mean disseminating lies ourselves.

[www.politico.com]
May 25, 2017 02:00PM
Video of Democrats saying no evidence of Russian collusion.

No collusion

Video Maxine Waters

Waters says no proof

Democrat Dershowitz: I see No Collusion Between Trump and Russia - Not a Crime If There Was

Democrat Dershowitz: No a Crime
May 25, 2017 03:42PM
Interesting go-rebs.

Hillary was a master at wording, facial expressions and overall body language . She could turn things around and make it sound like she was being truthful.... it came from practiced politicking.

Those statistics......we know they can be inflated or deflated depending on who pens them. I don't hold on to them very tightly.

The most powerful country's inner workings are burning.......how this it going to turn out? Who knows, when rules and laws are being broken and criminals are getting a pass, anything could happen. For now I have to stay with my gut hoping that Trump will do his best at what he proposed. The Wall, R+R Healthcare, Terrorists barrier, Lowering taxes and overall making America great again.

If Trump is pulling the wool, the deplorables have enough common sense to see through him just like they saw through the Clintons. Where as Libs, to me, seem like they are in a foggy dream state and all will be fine if we just open the borders..... Kumbaya and all that malarkey.
May 25, 2017 06:29PM
I would like to see the press held accountable for what they print and say. I am also tired of the national press being the ones who determine how I should think about a subject, or even what subjects I should think about. They have become 24/7 propaganda machines. Can't stand to even watch the major news channels anymore. I just wind up shouting at the stupid TV.
HH
Mike
May 25, 2017 06:36PM
you just posted a very true and profound statement Mike. I have to wonder just how much true news goes unreported while our so called media reports their personal political agendas !
May 25, 2017 07:02PM
I think the founding fathers may have underestimated here.
They really didn't put any restrictions on the freedom of the press.

Did the founding father's know the Internet and other digital means of communications were coming in the future.
The press,most of it anyways is feeling pressure, they are not like the older days, the only source of information.
They are having to compete, and in doing so they are layering the crap on heavier than even a few months ago.
And they seem to think if they keep repeating this garbage, just maybe some will believe.

This is a serious provlem here.
Why?
We will undoubtably have another presidential election.
Why in the world would any conservative touch the press(or most of it) with a 10 foot pole.
The press will have what is coming to it.
Can we have even debates in the future on tv anymore- fair debates?
We didn't even have them last go round on the democrat side it seems.

Rigged systems, even the press does no one any good.
I think it's time for folks to start demanding all sponsorships to these false news networks be pulled and fast.

This what is happening sets bad precedent and could be a deadly one.
What happens if we have to go to war.
Will the press report accurately?

What happens if a real problem situation folks need to know about comes about.
Remember the boy who cried wolf?

Seems most of the press have never heard of.
There is no real person in the press either that folks can depend upon.
Walter Cronkite was such a person IMO.
We need another and fast, to criticize the press, be a stand out and up person-no BS.

Dan Rather made an azz out of himself .
Bryan Williams too.

Surely there is a talented person with some sense out there.
We need another cable news network created, one that gets out in the mainstream USA and reports, not stay in NYC and DC and Hollywood and spew trash.
The press has become an arm of Democrat Party, if anyone thinks this is not true.
Please go check yourself in to a mental ward.
You owe it to yourself by doing.

This poo poo box,yeah it smells bad, depending on what you read.
You need no clothespin to read my post, fortunately.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2017 07:30PM by Sod-buster.
May 26, 2017 12:15PM
On the topic of the news and reporting, I am reminded of a quote from General Sherman from the US Civil War. He hated reporters and said "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
May 26, 2017 09:42PM
'Sod-buster"
The press,most of it anyways is feeling pressure,

Buster, what ever happened to the daily press briefings? Looks to me like the press is salivating whenever Spicey has the nerve to get behind the podium.

'Sod-buster"
Why in the world would any conservative touch the press(or most of it) with a 10 foot pole.

Why in the world would voters want to ask questions?

'Sod-buster"
The press will have what is coming to it.

The Guardian reporter learned that the hard way Wednesday...

'Sod-buster"
I think it's time for folks to start demanding all sponsorships to these false news networks be pulled and fast.

So you're sick and tired of Faux News too?

'Sod-buster"
What happens if we have to go to war. Will the press report accurately? What happens if a real problem situation folks need to know about comes about.

Will our populace really believe Trump or will it be just another "Gleiwitz incident?" (The Deplorables will have to Google that one)

---

Sorry folks... too much low hanging red meat on that one...
May 27, 2017 02:29AM
Have you checked "in" yet Go-rebels?
Btw, here is likely "your" nominee for either 2020 or 2024 for president.
Let's see how close I am here.
My crystal ball is pretty good.
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

And this person will have a female running mate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2017 02:38AM by Sod-buster.
May 27, 2017 02:44AM
Go reb believes the media,lmao!!!! Pal,here's what I know... I am busier than I have been for over 10 years. I am getting top dollar for what I do. Only thing that gets in my way are the stupid rules and regulations that whiny ass liberals keep coming up with in Kalifornia. Enjoy the ride reb,it's great working and not having a jackass like Obama tell me I didn't build my business.
May 27, 2017 03:29AM
Deathray,
Talked to a guy who recently moved here from Kalifornia today ( the Kalifornian's are moving to Az in record numbers.) . He was a general contractor there and got out because of all of the regulations. He stated that a builder can't get anything done there due to all of the rediculous regs so he sold his business and moved to greener pastures where he can actually do business. He didn't have anything good to say about Kali. It's hard to believe how many people I meet on a weekly basis that have recently relocated here from Kalifornia. This phenomenon has been great for the property values here. Building is back like crazy due to the mass exodus from there.
I recently received a letter from my licensing board asking what regulations they could eliminate to stimulate growth.This in response to Trump's regulation reduction order. AWESOME!!! Finally, a pro-growth administration.
May 27, 2017 12:42PM
Ray, sounds to me like you just don't like following the rules, instead choosing shoddy workmanship over quality. Whatever, some always choose the lowest bidder. I wish you all the success going that route.

Unless you live in California, liberals there don't affect you. And if you do, you know the way out. Good luck!
May 27, 2017 06:14PM
Wow, that's the stupidest thing I've read in a long time. Love to see you say that to Ray's face.
May 27, 2017 08:28PM
go-rebels Wrote:

> Unless you live in California, liberals there don't affect you. And if you do, you know the way out . Good luck!

Liberals in California create state laws, law gets sued and it goes to the 9th circuit where the state law gets rubber stamped by liberal federal judges. The state law then becomes federal law, so it affects the rest of the nation. So, yes, liberals in California can/do affect the rest of the nation.
May 27, 2017 10:21PM
cadman
The state law then becomes federal law, so it affects the rest of the nation.

And how does that happen? Oh, it takes a majority of conservatives from PA, SC, TX and ND to agree and pass that law. Remember, conservatives own both branches of Congress.

Sounds to me that in your case some liberal had a pretty good idea...
May 27, 2017 11:22PM
Doesn't take 3 branches of govt. to become law. Once federal judiciary says the state law is constitutional.... bang, new precedence. Congress not needed. By giving federal approval for that state law, it forces every state in the 9th circuit to follow.

States in the 9th circuit:
Arizona
California
Hawaii
Idaho
Montana
Nevada
Oregon
Washington

Here is a example judicial law creating, this happened with Fourth Circuit Court:
Court sets law

The Supreme court can review and overturn the decision or Congress can create a bill to basically nullify the decision, then, it goes thru the process of being voted on in the respective houses by Representatives or Senators.
May 28, 2017 12:06AM
Crosby Wrote:
> Wow, that's the stupidest thing I've read in a lon
> g time. Love to see you say that to Ray's face.

+1
May 28, 2017 12:28AM
Let's look at this higher court ruling on the executive branch's ruling on the travel ban.

The court here is dead WRONG.
Why?
The statue is clear as a bell here giving the President full authority to do what he did.

What the court did wrong is consider Trump's public remarks while he was candidate Trump.

Since when did these federal court judges start receiving daily, weekly, monthly security briefings as they relate to terrorism, etc??

The democrats here should have been first to protest these decisions?
Why
They are not being very politically smart here.
What if we get attacked, and the attackers do in fact fit into this classification of folks Trump and his executive branch are trying to ban temporarily?
Trump can do what?
Place the blame at the feet of the democrats.
They are stupid here, what they are doing.

This decision the court made, should be based solely on the executive branch decisions and how they line up with statues and the US constitution, nothing else.
NOT personal comments made by any politician.

This ruling will undoubtably be overturned at the SCOTUS.
Why?
Because if it is not, it would mean case precedent.

And in so doing, in the future it would be up to the courts to create actual travel ban of folks coming into the USA.
For this to happen, a constitutional change would have to be done.

This is one of the silliest decisions I ever ever saw by a high court.
Past presidents have done travel bans.
And no court action.

When you read the statute and the US Constitution, A US President doesn't even have to give a reason for doing.

Elections have consequences, and we hope they are good ones.

Now, if this higher court would have said the statue was unconstitutional, would be different here.
But they didn't.

This decision made by them doesn't pass any smell test I know of.
Very dangerous thing they did here.

The next thing we are liables to see is for one of these banana republic district courts to try and rule on proposed legislation the house and or senate is working on before it becomes actual law.
Don't put nothing past these looney tunes.
Harvard will issue a Juris Prudence Diploma it seems to about anyone who can afford or is connected financially.

When our judicial branch of government starts going bonkers, watch out.
This is supposed to be more politically unbiased and for good reason.

Here is one for you all.
Wonder if this would happen.
We know who according to the constitution can declare war.
Wonder if the proper body of folks actually declared war on a country, but this 9th circuit came in behind and said no you can't.
Then what?
Could it happen based on what we have seen recently?

The SCOTUS need to rebuke this court in a fashion that sends a strong message.
If the highest court here comes down on a 5-4 decision upholding executive's branch decision, this will tell me all I need to know.
What is it?
Thank God Trump got elected and not Hillary.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2017 12:53AM by Sod-buster.
May 28, 2017 01:10AM
cadman
Doesn't take 3 branches of govt. to become law. Once federal judiciary says the state law is constitutional.... bang, new precedence.

Here is a example judicial law creating, this happened with Fourth Circuit Court:

Court sets law

Cadman, the example you showed nullified an existing law. The court created no new law.