Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

This thread is now off limits .

Posted by possum mo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: OT: Who would you like to see as our next president, and why?tongue sticking out smiley
July 22, 2017 12:45PM
Could you stop with the stupid cartoons? Most of us know how to read.
Re: OT: Who would you like to see as our next president, and why?tongue sticking out smiley
July 22, 2017 01:02PM
Mooch candidates? I personally believe that the game is rigged. The one statistic that I can never wrap my head around is a few percent have 95 percent of the wealth. Is that a successful system? 95 percent of the people are at the mercy of 5 percent. Republicans hate when people mention global systems. But that is indeed what we have. Our jobs have been scattered all over the world. Our American companies did it. Trump himself has done it. Slave labor is cheap. They need more profits and money. I guess 95 percent of the money isn't enough. Blaming the poor for being lazy is an option. To be honest lazy people sure do exist. But one thing Republicans never do is look at the other end. The rich and powerful getting it all. How do we ever level the playing field? Regulations! Who is going to make them? Mooch candidates.
July 22, 2017 02:57PM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> They need more profits and money.

Think about that. Billionaires needing more money. The ones that want more money and power are egomaniacal psychopaths. This includes the so called billionaire in the white house.

He tweets today that Democrats are obstructionists when it comes to ACA yet he has the Senate and House and does not need ONE Democrat to vote. Did any Republican vote for ACA ? NO. All the Republicans talked about for the next 7 years is repealing it yet once they have all the power they don't do squat. I call BS on this one.

Obama had ACA passed without any help from Republicans. So why does Trump now blame Democrats for his incompetence ? They don't even have to show up for the Republicans to repeal. Trump can't get his own party in line yet be blames a party that has nothing to do with this at this point. Is he insane thinking any Democrat will vote to repeal ? But he is a master at the blame game. Hey Mr. President. Show up for work and get your party in line and do what you said you were going to do. According to you, you are the best deal maker this planet has ever seen so put those skills to work. Please realize that the real 'obstructionists' in this fiasco are the REPUBLICANS.

I am convinced the only reason Trump will not release his tax returns has nothing to do with shady or illegal business deals...it's because it will show he is not as rich as he says he is (or thinks he is).

Imagine being mad and upset that you 'only' have 2 billion dollars, not 3...or 4...or 10.

Those that think like that are full blown NUTS.
July 22, 2017 03:48PM
therover61 Wrote:

>
> I am convinced the only reason Trump will not rele
> ase his tax returns has nothing to do with shady o
> r illegal business deals...it's because it will sh
> ow he is not as rich as he says he is (or thinks h
> e is).
>

Obama didn't want his school records released. Maybe he's not as smart as he wants everyone to believe he is. No law requires either to release those private records to the public.

tabman
July 22, 2017 04:14PM
tabman Wrote:

> Obama didn't want his school records released. May
> be he's not as smart as he wants everyone to belie
> ve he is. No law requires either to release those
> private records to the public.
>
> tabman

Correct Tabman and I agree. My point is them not releasing the information for the reason they state, isn't really the reason they are not or did not release them. It exposes them to something they want hidden. So they both hide behind the argument it is not a law.

More and more of these politicians state it's not a law so I don't have to...and morals and doing the right thing go out the window. Most of us were not brought up that way.

Most of us know courage is not the absence of fear but the willingness to do our job despite of it.
July 22, 2017 04:19PM
therover61 Wrote:
> goodmore Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > They need more profits and money.
>
> Think about that. Billionaires needing more money.
> The ones that want more money and power are egoma
> niacal psychopaths. This includes the so called bi
> llionaire in the white house.
>
> He tweets today that Democrats are obstructionists
> when it comes to ACA yet he has the Senate and Hou
> se and does not need ONE Democrat to vote. Did any
> Republican vote for ACA ? NO. All the Republicans
> talked about for the next 7 years is repealing it
> yet once they have all the power they don't do squ
> at. I call BS on this one.
>
> Obama had ACA passed without any help from Republi
> cans. So why does Trump now blame Democrats for hi
> s incompetence ? They don't even have to show up f
> or the Republicans to repeal. Trump can't get his
> own party in line yet be blames a party that has n
> othing to do with this at this point. Is he insane
> thinking any Democrat will vote to repeal ? But he
> is a master at the blame game. Hey Mr. President.
> Show up for work and get your party in line and do
> what you said you were going to do. According to y
> ou, you are the best deal maker this planet has ev
> er seen so put those skills to work. Please realiz
> e that the real 'obstructionists' in this fiasco a
> re the REPUBLICANS.
>
> I am convinced the only reason Trump will not rele
> ase his tax returns has nothing to do with shady o
> r illegal business deals...it's because it will sh
> ow he is not as rich as he says he is (or thinks h
> e is).
>
> Imagine being mad and upset that you 'only' have 2
> billion dollars, not 3...or 4...or 10.
>
> Those that think like that are full blown NUTS.

I think the reason is 2 fold for his not wanting to release his taxes.

Number 1 taxes don't reflect true net worth, and the puclic /press could in fact draw wrong conclusion.

Second, Trump's taxes are more complicated than the average bears.
Lots of entries and pages.
The press would have never shut up, singling out this and that with the details
And politically this would have done more harm than good.
Not that there was any hanky panky, just so much data.
Remember when this issue was raised, the press was already on their tirade with trying to disqualify trump as a candidate.
And from a political standpoint, it is safe to say, Trump made the right decision.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2017 04:22PM by Sod-buster.
July 22, 2017 04:22PM
Sod-buster Wrote:

Trump's taxes are more complicated than th
> e average bears.
> Lots of entries and pages.

I don't buy that BS. Sorry.
July 22, 2017 04:24PM
therover61 Wrote:
> Sod-buster Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> Trump's taxes are more complicated than th
> > e average bears.
> > Lots of entries and pages.
>
> I don't buy that BS. Sorry.

You may not buy.
But it seems enough folks bought something as far as this topic, he's in the Whitehouse.
Shxt for brains ain't.
July 22, 2017 04:42PM
You see why Trump got elected without showing his taxes.

He was not a policican remember.
Trump was different to folks.
They started to identify with him early on.
A lot of these folks even if Trumpmwould have had cheated on his taxes, these folks wouldn't have either been interested, or cared.

You see these people weren't interested in anything that would politically disqualify Trump.

Trump got a good base of folks to bond with him tightly.
How did he do?
By not being a DC swamper, running towards his wealth instead of away, having foils on both sides of aisle, Obama/Hillary, and GW/Romney.

Trump was punching both sides,, something folks hasn't seen before, so Trump was in their minds refreshing.
And the MSM helped here too by trying to defend Jeb, Obama and Hillary.

So it was in folks eyes and minds, Trump vs the world.
Don't forget about the little skirmish with the Pope.

The psyche of folks, Trump jumped right in and became these folks hero. The only reasonable candidate to both hear them, see them, relate to them.
Baseball cap help with image and was a great asset to his marketing himself.

Trump's political instincts were and are GRAND.
He marketed himself aiming at the majority (Whites)
She never did any marketing aiming toward the majority (Whites)
This is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2017 04:48PM by Sod-buster.
July 22, 2017 04:52PM
Sod-buster Wrote:

> But it seems enough folks bought something as far
> as this topic, he's in the Whitehouse.
> Shxt for brains ain't.

Dude....we had 2 crap candidates. Someone had to win.

What boggles my mind is Trump is still sore about the popular vote and to this day, even after winning the votes that really count, brings this up. They guy is a total egomaniacal psychopath. He blames everyone and everything but himself whenever things go wrong, and takes credit for everything (even unjustly) when things go right. Pure psycho. Boo hoo, the press doesn't like me. I do believe there is press that does like him. Problem is poor baby wants everyone to like him. World don't work that way jack.

Where is the tax plan ? Where is the infrastructure plan ? He first states total repeal day one...said so on the trail. Does not get it and can't muster up the votes. Then it's repeal and replace. When that gets no traction he blames the Democrats. When asked what about the tax plan, he says we have to do health care first ? WHY ? Then he states let it fail...then goes back and tries to drum up support again.

Screw it....let it fail, move on to the tax plan ( I don't buy the BS they have to do healthcare first...BS.BS.BS). They want to do health care first because there is a big tax break FOR THE RICH in it. Where is the big infrastructure plan that will create these tens of thousands of good paying jobs ?

Hope you realize this guy is like all the rest. Out for himself, his rich buddies and padding Wall Street. Just like the guy before, and the guy before, and the guy before. If you really think Trump is out to help the average hard working American I am glad you have the rose colored glasses on. I threw mine away a long time ago.

If Trump was sincerely trying to improve the lives of the average working middle class worker, he would be working hard on that front and not continuously adding fuel to this already blazing inferno by getting up at 6:30 every morning and spewing out tweet storms worthy of psychiatric evaluation, allowing the Pentagon and the neo-cons to have total autonomy in bombing every country or region they see fit and allowing Goldman Sachs scum to run the Executive Branch and rob BILLIONS from the taxpayers.
July 22, 2017 05:04PM
therover61 Wrote:
> Sod-buster Wrote:
>
> > But it seems enough folks bought something as fa
> r
> > as this topic, he's in the Whitehouse.
> > Shxt for brains ain't.
>
>
> Dude....we had 2 crap candidates. Someone had to w
> in.
>
> What boggles my mind is Trump is still sore about
> the popular vote and to this day, even after winni
> ng the votes that really count, brings this up. Th
> ey guy is a total egomaniacal psychopath. He blame
> s everyone and everything but himself whenever thi
> ngs go wrong, and takes credit for everything (eve
> n unjustly) when things go right. Pure psycho. Boo
> hoo, the press doesn't like me. I do believe there
> is press that does like him. Problem is poor baby
> wants everyone to like him. World don't work that
> way jack.
>
> Where is the tax plan ? Where is the infrastructur
> e plan ? He first states total repeal day one...sa
> id so on the trail. Does not get it and can't must
> er up the votes. Then it's repeal and replace. Whe
> n that gets no traction he blames the Democrats. W
> hen asked what about the tax plan, he says we have
> to do health care first ? WHY ? Then he states let
> it fail...then goes back and tries to drum up supp
> ort again.
>
> Screw it....let it fail, move on to the tax plan (
> I don't buy the BS they have to do healthcare firs
> t...BS.BS.BS). They want to do health care first b
> ecause there is a big tax break FOR THE RICH in it
> . Where is the big infrastructure plan that will c
> reate these tens of thousands of good paying jobs
> ?
>
> Hope you realize this guy is like all the rest. Ou
> t for himself, his rich buddies and padding Wall S
> treet. Just like the guy before, and the guy befor
> e, and the guy before. If you really think Trump i
> s out to help the average hard working American I
> am glad you have the rose colored glasses on. I th
> rew mine away a long time ago.
>
> If Trump was sincerely trying to improve the lives
> of the average working middle class worker, he wou
> ld be working hard on that front and not continuou
> sly adding fuel to this already blazing inferno by
> getting up at 6:30 every morning and spewing out t
> weet storms worthy of psychiatric evaluation, allo
> wing the Pentagon and the neo-cons to have total a
> utonomy in bombing every country or region they se
> e fit and allowing Goldman Sachs scum to run the E
> xecutive Branch and rob BILLIONS from the taxpayer
> s.

Trump was candidate who did things differently.
No regulations or other official documents on how to campaign for Pres.
The swamp is what he allowed him to do what he I did.
I have said this earlier in this thread.
Trump was these voters Dirty Harry character.

Go watch some of the Eastwood movies again, pay attention, you'll see Harry Callahan does what Trump did.
And in the end ole Callahan always got his thug with his approach, not "theirs".
July 22, 2017 05:46PM
I'm sure Donald's tax return would be interesting and shows his intelligence in not giving it to the MSM to distort. It has to be incredibly complicated and , as he said , he was audited every year and nothing was a miss .

Hillary and Bill's tax return is white washed by the Foundation before it goes to the CPAs

Why did the MSM which is so obsessed with equality and fairness overlook the glaring contradiction between what the Clinton's say and what they do go unchallenged?

Take a look for yourself

$177,804,612 CLINTON FOUNDATION

Anybody know if their hiring?

I think we should all have a foundation!

Wonder why the Clinton Foundation folded so suddenly after she was no longer in a position of influence? Perhaps this summary will give some insight..

They list 486 employees (line 5)! It took 486 people who are paid $34.8 million and $91.3 million in fees and expenses, to give away $5.1 MILLION

This is real. You can check the return yourself (see below). The real heart of the Clintons can be seen here. Staggering but not surprising. These figures are from an official copy of the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation for the tax year 2014. The copy of the tax return is from the National Center for Charitable Statistics website. You can get the latest tax return on any charitable organization there.

Total revenue (line 12) $ 177,804,612.00

Total grants to charity (line 13) $ 5,160,385.00 (that's less than 3%)

Total expenses of $ 91,281,145.00

Expenses include:

Salaries (line 15) $ 34,838,106.00

Fund raising fees (line 16a) $ 850,803.00

Other expenses (line 17) $ 50,431,851.00

Travel $ 8,000,000.00

Meetings $ 12,000,000.00

They list 486 employees (line 5)! It took 486 people who are paid $34.8 million and $91.3 million in fees and expenses, to give away $5.1 MILLION

Line 22 shows ending year net assets/fund balances of $332,471,349.00 which is up $85,171,891 from last year's tax return!
And they call this a CHARITY?

The full tax return is at:

[www.clintonfoundation.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2017 05:50PM by shoveler.
July 22, 2017 07:06PM
shoveler Wrote:

>
> The full tax return is at:
>
> [www.clintonfoundation.org]
> les/clinton_foundation_report_public_2014.pdf

Nice to know. So why isn't Trumps some place where I can take a look ?

You guys play into the BS of media distortion, complexity, etc. If nothing is amiss, then why not release them ?
July 22, 2017 09:58PM
therover61
If nothing is amiss, then why not release them?

Of course something is amiss! That's why he won't release his taxes. That's why he's so upset that Sessions recused himself. That's why he's threatened Mueller.

This looks a lot like the Saturday Night massacre when on October 1973 Nixon fired Archibald Cox, the Watergate Special Prosecutor. Then the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General quickly resigned.

[www.mediaite.com]

July 22, 2017 10:28PM
therover61 Wrote:
> shoveler Wrote:
>
> >
> > The full tax return is at:
> >
> > [www.clintonfoundation.org]
> fi
> > les/clinton_foundation_report_public_2014.pdf
>
>
> Nice to know. So why isn't Trumps some place where
> I can take a look ?
>
> You guys play into the BS of media distortion, com
> plexity, etc. If nothing is amiss, then why not re
> lease them ?

Because if Trump didn't cross a T or dot an I in his tax returns the leftwing nuts would be all over it. Can you imagine the total outrage if Trump's tax returns looked anything like the Clinton Foundation's tax returns. Anyone with any sense at all would know that the Clinton Foundation is not on the up and up, but the leftwing nuts don't give a rat's butt. Sad! The funds from foreign countries dried up once Hillary was out of power to help them. So what does that tell you?

tabman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2017 10:55PM by tabman.
July 22, 2017 11:20PM
tabman Wrote:

> Because if Trump didn't cross a T or dot an I in h
> is tax returns the leftwing nuts would be all over
> it.

Who cares about left wing nuts. I sure don't.

Trump 'trumpets' all day long about the left wing nuts, so it amazes me he doesn't release them and let their heads explode more. Especially if, like he brags, he makes lots of money and everything is on the up and up. Hey, we all know he used a legal loop hole to write off close to a billion dollars in loans over the course of several years. Real estate developers have special privileges us commoners don't. Who cares. I am sure he has tons of lawyers on the payroll making sure all those i's are dotted and t's crossed. I mean, he is the greatest business man of all time so what's the worry ?

There is a REAL reason he has not released them. And the 5 year old kid answer of 'because I don't have to' does not wash with me.
July 22, 2017 11:39PM
tabman
Because if Trump didn't...

You know Hannity has made a living building straw men for years, always the master soothsayer, constantly complaining about what Democrats would do if. And now you do the same...
July 22, 2017 11:52PM
So, bottom line, Trump's fate would be totally in the hands of the Republcan majority in congress that so far thinks that pretty much everything is fine. He's just a "different" kind of president. But, as long as we get all our conservative wet dreams passed, that's OK by us.

Yes, Trump Could Pardon Himself. Then All Hell Would Break Loose

It’s never been tried. Here’s how it could blow up his presidency, or blow up the system.

This week’s eye-popping constitutional question: Can President Trump pardon himself for criminal wrongdoing? With the Russia scandal swirling more intensely around the White House every week, the Washington Post reported Friday morning that the president might be considering pardoning himself and members of his family as a way of fending off legal consequences for whatever special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation turns up.

A self-pardon would be something new in American history — and just the kind of departure from prior norms that typifies Trump. The Constitution doesn’t specify whether the president can pardon himself, and no court has ever ruled on the issue, because no president has ever been brazen enough to try it. Among constitutional lawyers, the dominant (though not unanimous) answer is “no,” in part because letting any person exempt himself from criminal liability would be a fundamental affront to America’s basic rule-of-law values.

[www.politico.com]

What do our detectorists think?
July 23, 2017 01:25AM
I guess Donnie could pardon himself. ONCE. Then he gets his button kicked out because he would just do it again and again. Why doesn't he save the trouble and leave now. The golf courses are wonderful.
July 23, 2017 01:28AM
Good Lord, y'all leftwing nuts are totally losing it. It's time to stop your whining and crying about your candidate Crooked Hillary loss to Trump and move on.

I really enjoyed watching our President today tell the World that America is great and something to be proud of. Video

tabman
July 23, 2017 02:31AM
tabman
I really enjoyed watching our President today tell the World that America is great and something to be proud of.

What? He lied again! It's not that time yet. He still has to make America great again.

Well here's something I'm proud of... looks like some RWNJs are finally gaining their senses.

Donald Trump’s Base Is Shrinking

[fivethirtyeight.com]
July 23, 2017 02:41AM
credible source with a good track record there smiling smiley that you base your "intelligent " discourse on goreb
[projects.fivethirtyeight.com]
July 23, 2017 03:21AM
For all you Trump haters.

What did Obama refer to many times in speeches and while campaigning?
Goal was more perfect union right?

Well, did he achieve this goal?
If so, when?

So, really doesn't this what Trump refers to really mean the same thing?
And when will this happen exactly?
Is it safe to say according to some he has already made American great.
Just by filling the SCOTUS position?

And some here, maybe they don't think Trump Has achieved this objective.
And for some it may be indeed a collection of things he does that does make Ameria great again.

And then there are the Trump haters, you know the folks where if Trump gave them all free healthcare, did things that caused their salaries to double, and slash their taxes by 50 percent, crushed Isis, lowered national debt, these folks will never be satisfied. They feel cheated since their girl lost to a non politician who used nonconventional means to win.

They are afraid of Trump being successful.
Because if he is, these fools would again be proven wrong,

And they may in time.
[constitutioncenter.org]

And for the Trump haters.
Just in case.
[www.crowbusters.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2017 03:43AM by Sod-buster.
July 23, 2017 11:18AM
If Donnie wanted to start his term off with a sign of unity and healing America he should have nominated the same man for the Supreme Court that Obama did. After all the Republicans in Congress considered him a moderate. It would have been a classy move. But it's been down hill ever since. I don't believe anyone ever mentioned free healthcare. Especially for themselves here. We simply point out that there are those out there that can't afford it. You know.....the ones Republicans call lazy. No in many people's opinions probably over half the population in this country if you use the voting numbers and poll numbers as a guide think Donnie is worthless. He's not qualified for the job and is destroying the country with a hateful over tone. This is where you Deplorables say he is better than Hillary. Crush ISIS? President Obama was right when he called them the JV league compared to the militaries around the world. What happened was the Iraqi army finally figured out if you want your country you better pick them guns up that you threw when you ran. We should be out of Iraq. We should be out of Afghanistan. Using that money right here at home. National debt. Congress will be voting on raising the debt ceiling in the coming weeks. Donnie is predicted to take it up another 10 trillion. No one Supreme Court Justice did not make America better.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2017 11:32AM by goodmore.
July 23, 2017 12:00PM
goodmore Wrote:
> If Donnie wanted to start his term off with a sign
> of unity and healing America he should have nomina
> ted the same man for the Supreme Court that Obama
> did. After all the Republicans in Congress conside
> red him a moderate. It would have been a classy mo
> ve. But it's been down hill ever since.

Let's get real here, if Obama could have gotten another super liberal Supreme Court Justice nominated he would have. Let's turn things around, if Obama had any class at all he would have nominated moderate judges from the get go rather than super liberal ones. But he didn't and it was all down hill from there. Liberals are nuttier than a fruitcake! LOL

tabman
July 23, 2017 12:11PM
Well,
We hadHillary as a candidate.
I kept watching different folks be ask while she ran ask to name one accomplishment Hillary has to her name.
Most folks when asked seem to pause, struggle to provide an answer.

Remember Obama and Bubba admitted Hillary was the most qualified candidate ever to seek the position of Pres.
Yet seems the accomplishments were basically invisible.

Then there is Trump.
Why did Trump wind up with the old post office in the deal he made with I beleive GSA?

What about NYC, are there any Trump fingerprints left behind in it?
I think so.

Where are Hillary's fingerprints exactly?

Not much difference between Hillary and Trump age wise.

Trumps's fingerprints are definitely tangible.

So, what were the 2 former presidents basing their opinion on exactly as far as Hillary goes?
And what I find strange,
Obama didn't take Hillary as Vp did he?
Guess in 2009 she wasn't qualified or even the supposed best qualified to server as Pres?
So what happened between 2008 and 2016 that changed Obama's mind?
And bubba"s too,

I guess thus far Hillary does have one quality.
What is it exactly?
Staying out of the pokey.
She's got this here down to a science.

When folks see Hillary, they immediately think cluster flock.
All talk and no action.
Crook
Liar
Calculating
Will say or do anything to get elected.
Never takes responsibility.

Just what had Hillary really ever been the leader at doing before being a candidate?
Notta
Remember folks in her own party thought similar of her evidently in 2008.
The little community organizer, folks seem had a higher opinion of him vs Hillary.

You see I could understand the Trump haters here with their thoughts and approaches, and means.
How?
If these same Trump haters would have indeed been Obama haters after Obama beat Hillary?
I mean didn't Obama do to Hillary what Trump did?

Hillary's nickname is Ms Do Over.
This was the central theme dripping from her tongue while she campaigned in both 2008 and 2016.
Why couldn't she make the right decsion(s) in the first place?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2017 12:23PM by Sod-buster.
July 23, 2017 12:12PM
Kind of strange that Donnie comes out and says he has the powers to pardon himself and any one else in his administration.Would someone thats done nothing wrong say that?
July 23, 2017 12:15PM
Sod-buster
Is it safe to say according to some he has already made American great. Just by filling the SCOTUS position?

The Right Wing Nut Jobs were saying the same thing about John Roberts until he supported healthcare for all, then they branded him a socialist...
July 23, 2017 12:22PM
Conservatives are an odd breed. They're against government freebies but all for providing free health care for the poor and illegal at your nearest emergency room, the place where health care costs are the greatest. They're all for a level playing field in industry but favor doling out billions to rural hospitals every year to keep then afloat.

Why would we want to make any attempt to improve that process?
July 23, 2017 12:23PM
(Hillary owns you...)