Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

This thread is now off limits .

Posted by possum mo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: OT: Who would you like to see as our next president, and why?tongue sticking out smiley
July 18, 2017 05:10PM
Speaking of garments.... and you lefties will have to take my word on it... The "Make America Great Again" baseball cap IS made in America. How do I know this? Because we donated and received one with a made in U.S.A. tag on the inside. Am I gullible?.... maybe a little.
Re: OT: Who would you like to see as our next president, and why?tongue sticking out smiley
July 18, 2017 05:20PM
You know go-rebels, your admitting you work for BMW could be considered hippocritical here, with all your cartoon postings.

Ever wonder why Nissan and Toyota set up shop in the USA in the first place.

Explain it to us go-rebels.
July 18, 2017 05:34PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2017 05:38PM by go-rebels.
July 18, 2017 05:40PM
Did you ask a question?
July 18, 2017 05:50PM
Go-rebels I don't think I am dumb.

Notice anything.
Watch the gent Rand Paul.
I mentioned this earlier.

I know what he is up to.
And Cruz, not so smart here.

Of course some are playing chess go rebels, and you haven't mastered checkers yet.
July 18, 2017 06:03PM
Are you OK Buster? Your snippets are more nonsensical than usual today...
July 18, 2017 06:09PM
Some advice here for some.

Don't underestimate Trump.
Don't count him out.

We have seen what has happened to those that do.

Godzilla is tough, remember the movies?
July 18, 2017 06:55PM
I'm listening to Rush Limbaugh today and he's gone apoplectic with the GOP failure to repeal and replace Obamacare. And his head nearly exploded when the Repeal-only bill, just proposed by Mitch, was defeated by his own Republican membership within hours.

Oh my... this is just lovely!
July 18, 2017 07:41PM
I am still amazed how anyone could listen to Trump speak and listen to all the times he has either lied or done a complete turnaround on views he has given in the past and still support him. Remember how he ranged and raved about the electoral college being a travesty lol
July 18, 2017 09:08PM
robertj298 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am still amazed how anyone could listen to Trump
> speak and listen to all the times he has either li
> ed or done a complete turnaround on views he has g
> iven in the past and still support him. Remember h
> ow he ranged and raved about the electoral college
> being a travesty lol

I'm 100% behind Trump! He getting a lot done and a lot more could get done if it weren't for all the swamp creatures on both sides of the isle. Talk about lying, Crooked Hillary takes the cake and only fruit cakes are naïve enough to believe anything that she says. LOL

tabmnan
July 18, 2017 10:50PM
Give it up AzzHole!
July 18, 2017 11:07PM
Wally, you need to get rid of this SPAMMER!
July 19, 2017 12:43AM
Air tester,
You related to Kemper?
July 19, 2017 12:48AM
My less than delicate earlier post was due to getting this same spam in a PM from this jerk!
July 19, 2017 01:03AM
And there you have your typical Trump supporter.
July 19, 2017 01:31AM
robertj298 Wrote:
> And there you have your typical Trump supporter.

If we use your logic I guess the guy who's pictured crapping on a police car during the Wall Street protest is your typical leftwing liberal . Right? LOL

tabman
July 19, 2017 01:31AM
That post was cute if you are in second grade. What a jerk.
July 19, 2017 01:37AM
A common 'Deplorable!'
July 19, 2017 01:45AM
What's the definition of insanity?

Trump to pitch GOP senators one last time to repeal Obamacare

President Donald Trump is trying to save the GOP's near-dead effort to repeal Obamacare. The president has invited all 52 GOP senators to the White House for lunch on Wednesday to see if he can revive the GOP's moribund plans to repeal and replace the 2010 health law.

[www.politico.com]

Once again Trump will prove he can't negotiate his way out of a paper bag...
July 19, 2017 03:33AM
A question....if Obamacare is not repealed or replaced does the President have a legal duty or even a moral duty to support it? Donnie said we will let it die. Well letting it die means that the premiums go up and Americans pay more. Not just for poor people. The subsidies are supported with tax dollars,which we all pay. Does it seem right that Americans spend more because a President is angry and spiteful? And one last thing. It has been pointed out that where Obamacare is struggling now and more than anywhere else is in the rural areas. Typically Republican voters. That is where the insurance companies have abandoned. The Republicans will not own it. I will not own it. There has been cases where both parties and their Presidents have had their veto over ridden by Congress. Embarrassing? YES. We're they angry? Yes. But they still had to abide by their duties and support the law.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2017 03:39AM by goodmore.
July 19, 2017 05:11AM
goodmore Wrote:
> A question....if Obamacare is not repealed or repl
> aced does the President have a legal duty or even
> a moral duty to support it? Donnie said we will le
> t it die. Well letting it die means that the premi
> ums go up and Americans pay more. Not just for poo
> r people. The subsidies are supported with tax dol
> lars,which we all pay. Does it seem right that Ame
> ricans spend more because a President is angry and
> spiteful? And one last thing. It has been pointed
> out that where Obamacare is struggling now and mor
> e than anywhere else is in the rural areas. Typic
> ally Republican voters. That is where the insuranc
> e companies have abandoned. The Republicans will n
> ot own it. I will not own it. There has been cases
> where both parties and their Presidents have had t
> heir veto over ridden by Congress. Embarrassing?
> YES. We're they angry? Yes. But they still had to
> abide by their duties and support the law.

Did Obama have legal and or a moral duty to support (enforce) immigration laws?
Did he?
Did GW Bush?

Executive branch duty is to enforce laws.
But Trump can enforce Obama care and it will fail eventually.
It is not Trump's responsibility to apply non congressional band aids to it.
He could may elect to do, but has no duty to do.

But, what has been done with illegal immigration is different, laws were actually intentionally not enforced by GW and Obama.

There are no moral responsivilites period, by no branch of government outline anywhere.
But here is where the politics can creep in, and affect positively or negatively depending.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2017 05:21AM by Sod-buster.
July 19, 2017 10:37AM
goodmore
A question....if Obamacare is not repealed or replaced does the President have a legal duty or even a moral duty to support it?

Legal? No. Moral? Of course. But we have seen time and time again that Trump possesses a very weak moral compass. Trump mocked Schumer yesterday after the failure for not supporting the Senate bill, the guy who The Orangeman called a 'crybaby' and a 'clown.'

Trump threatens to gut Obamacare markets

The president has repeatedly told aides and advisers that he wants to end the subsidy payments, and he has not changed his position.

Donald Trump holds a fuse in his hands — and he could decide to light it and blow up Obamacare insurance markets as soon as Thursday.

That’s the deadline for sending out the next monthly Affordable Care Act subsidies to health plans to defray the cost of care for individuals with low incomes. The president has toyed for months with the idea of stopping the payments to force Democrats to the negotiating table to avoid the prospect of millions of vulnerable Americans losing access to health coverage.

Trump has repeatedly told aides and advisers that he wants to end the subsidy payments, and he has not changed his position, according to several people who have spoken with him. “Why are we making these payments?” Trump has asked.

The markets are already wobbly. Currently, 44 counties lack health plans willing to sell coverage next year, potentially leaving 30,000 individuals without any insurance options. Eliminating the subsidies would likely send more plans heading for the exits and drive up premiums charged by plans that stick around.

“Either or both of those means millions of working-class families will be without access to coverage or care,” said Ceci Connolly, president and CEO of the Alliance of Community Health Plans.

Greg Scott, who oversees Deloitte’s health plans practices, predicts an exodus.

“You would have many health plans that would look for the nearest exit, literally, and look for ways to extricate themselves from a burning building,” Scott said.

Trump’s insistence that Republicans could shift the blame to Democrats for market mayhem seems like wishful thinking. Polling data strongly suggest that Americans will hold Republicans accountable for future problems since the GOP has unified control of the White House and Congress. The Kaiser Family Foundation’s monthly tracking poll has consistently shown that about 6 in 10 Americans would blame Republicans for a meltdown.

[www.politico.com]

(Super winded) Can't...hardly...stand...so...much....winning....can't...keep...up...
July 19, 2017 10:56AM
Speaking of Morals.

Who would wish our Pres fails?

Big difference in talking about what has happened, and wishing failure.
July 19, 2017 10:58AM
I expect to see law suits filed against Donnie for dereliction of duty. Whether anything will come of them I have no idea. Obamacare saw a turn around in cities last year. It is actually working in many populated areas. Like I said where it is failing is rural areas of West Virginia and Kentucky. Trump voters. I have seen estimates that Obamacare will die, but it is estimated to last longer than Donnie's four years. I Imagine Congressmen and Senators going home to their constituents where it is failing will hear from those constituents. They better have a plan. I do know one thing. Many insurance companies made huge profits the last few years. Is healthcare really as expensive as they say it is or is the average American just being screwed by the system? To me the size of pools and market areas are just gimmicks. Tools of manipulation. The government could easily make adjustments or force the end of those manipulations. One last thing about Donnie allowing Obamacare to fail.......Here in Lancaster County PA where I live and in countless cities across America, hospitals and the healthcare system are our largest employers. Allowing Obamacare to fail only puts a stress on the entire healthcare system. Jobs will be slashed. Oh doctors and nurses might survive. But how about those in building maintenance? That physical therapist? Donnie wants a trillion for infrastructure? He better take care of priority one. People and most importantly his rural voters.Long winded I know!
July 19, 2017 11:01AM
Rush comes to mind! You know the man that said on the airwaves......I hope he fails. The one that deplorables listen to on a daily basis. Well that's to be expected. They voted for the chief birther and ......grabber. Now there is some morals!
July 19, 2017 11:20AM
Jump to 2:00: [youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2017 11:22AM by go-rebels.
July 19, 2017 11:26AM
goodmore Wrote:
> I disagree with Trump winning. The Republican part
> y has been searching for a new identity for quite
> some time. The Tea party is now a failure because
> Trump is sure no Tea party representative. Basica
> lly he just a person representing an alternative t
> o other candidates that nobody likes like Cruz. Bu
> t in the end his alienation of minorities and wome
>o n will be his downfall. The minorities are why Rom
> ney and the war monger before him lost. And this
> guy will not get the votes that they did. A very p
> oor tactic and a sure path to Loserville. Hillary
> by a landslide.
goodmore Wrote:
> The only way Cruz would win the nomination is if
> Rubio drops out. That isn't going to happen until
> it is too late. They will just continue to split t
> he non Trump vote with neither getting enough. So
> it will be Trump vs Clinton. In the end Clinton in
> a landslide. She will nominate three justices her
> first term. Climate change, illegal amnesty, and s
> ingle payer healthcare will be top priorities. God
> Bless America.

Goodmore,
How did you get to know your state so well, so fast?
After apparently reading it wrong per your prior post.

These comments were retrieved from page 1-2 of this long thread btw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2017 11:31AM by Sod-buster.
July 19, 2017 12:37PM
Good ole majority leader McConnel should be fired big time.
I am not complaining about the outcome here as far as Obama care thingy.

Remember McConnel back in 2009 I beleive, what did he say?
My number one job is to make Obama a one term president.
Just where is it written down in constitution that this is a duty is of any senator?
We don't pay these folks the money we do to do such things.

Now look at what has happened.
Trump was elected, and McConnel knew he was in the majority in the senate the day after the election.

What ever gets done legislatively on Pres election years, between Nov and Inauguration day whe power changes hands?

So instead, McConnel should have been on meet the press the Sunday before Inauguration Day, telling folks he has the votes or doesn't have the votes for repeal of Obama care.

We had to wait bascially 8 months to find this out.
Remember this was part of the party's platform in republican convention.

Obama care, with it flaws were not new, both the Dems and reps knew full well what was wrong with it.

So, it took Mitch 8 months to act on an issue he and his party members had the details on.

Just how long could we expect McConnell to work an issue/problem where the details are not so well known?
10 years maybe.

If you watch McConell, one might think senators had 20 year terms, and house members had 6 year terms.

A total joke.
Go home Mitch.
Been there since 85, you sir are a grey mare ready for the glue factory.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2017 12:41PM by Sod-buster.
July 19, 2017 12:41PM
Unfortunately this is more about politics than trying to fix/correct the problems with the health insurance industry.

The Democrats knew that once you give something to the people, it is hard to take back. Puts the Republicans in a bad spot because if they just repeal, many people (a lot in rural Republican districts) will get a major headache due to increased ( if not totally dropped) health insurance premiums.

This is a play for 2018. Sad that it comes down to approximately 600 jackasses (House and Senate) working only for themselves and not the people.

Also sad that this President blames the Democrats....what the heck do you think they are going to do when you continue to say publicly you want it to die or just totally repeal ? The guy can't get his party in line and as always, once things don't go his way, he blames everyone and never once takes some responsibility for this disaster. Thought one of his promises is that day one, this thing would be repealed and replaced. What day is it now ?

Lets see how this meeting goes....bet the moderates still say no to repeal only, and that is due to their OWN constituents telling them if this thing gets repealed and it is let to die, they are up craps creek.
July 19, 2017 12:53PM
I think candidates will be coming out of the wood work to run against these clowns.
They should.

Trump should pumping term limits on these fools big time.
Stay on the subject and don't get off of it.
Make these fools have to take a stance on this issue one way or another.

Every tweet should mention term limits.
The MSM, I dare you to poll the this here.
Do you have it in you?

Got to bust up the country club big time!!!

Rush, Hannity, etc, even left wing talk radio, should be pumping the neighbor's cat here on this.

Trump's team should write the legislation and go public and personally go to every cable news channels, and cbs, abc, NBC, etc.

Then hand it over to the fruitcake majority and minority leaders,,drop it in their lap, Trump should dare them to key hole it.

Yep, Trump vs the rest.
Only way out.

This is what got him where he is anyway, think about it.
Trump needs to show folks, there are more ways to skin (a cat) these country clubbers.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2017 01:08PM by Sod-buster.