Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

MX Sport Audio Modulation, VCO, Iron Grunt, slight hum from backlight

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: MX Sport Audio Modulation, VCO, Iron Grunt, slight hum from backlight
July 16, 2016 02:07PM
diggwr27 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Kemper...bite me.

I'm pretty sure you don't want to get bit by "THAT"

HH
Johnb
July 16, 2016 02:32PM
I can't decide which is the most disturbing----the on-going MXS "problems/discussion"-----or-----the on-going Kemper "b.s."!-------I guess Whites (may) get their mess "ironed out" eventually (hopefully anyway).-------Kemper getting "ironed out"--I dunno!!-----Anythings possible I guess!--------Someone said once "everybody's entitled to their opinions"---well----this is mine!smiling smiley
July 17, 2016 01:50AM
If they would have called it the MX Hobby they wouldn't be having all this negative feedback. Those sports people are brutal. grinning smiley
July 17, 2016 01:55AM
goodmore Wrote:
> There are too many detectors out there that kick
> butt. Forcing yourself to like an inferior product
> just isn't worth it. I grew up a Whites guy. I
> would love to see them succeed.That starts with
> that old Whites quality.

you echo my sentiments exactly!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 17, 2016 02:22AM
They need to get out of the forum business. It really isn't a forum anyway and I think it does them more harm than good. It's not something they should have their name on. It's a tough business trying to stay ahead of the foreign manufacturers and they have to use some foreign made parts. They have a new 40 dollar digger that is made in Taiwan. I think most people realize how hard it is to compete for various reasons.

I think the loyal Whites users will stick with them and may even buy the digger to show their support. Nothing wrong with that.
July 17, 2016 02:33AM
yes this is true! nothing wrong with that!,but (w.t.f.!) whitey has ALWAYS been an american made with american parts company!
why 'capitulate" now?..charge a few more bucks and make the damn digger here!..screw china!..

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 17, 2016 02:43AM
jmaryt Wrote:
> yes this is true! nothing wrong with that!,but
> (w.t.f.!) whitey has ALWAYS been an american made
> with american parts company!
> why 'capitulate" now?..charge a few more bucks and
> make the damn digger here!..screw china!..
>
> (h.h.!)
> j.t.

They certainly could make the digger here but I think they would have less profit from it and the market will only pay so much for one. There wasn't even a need for the digger but if someone can use one and wants to support Whites, I see nothing wrong with it. I don't think all the parts are available to make a detector from U. S. only parts. If they are I doubt a company could make a detector and be profitable using them exclusively.
July 17, 2016 05:00AM
It all went wrong when Whites admitted they can't make a coil that can compete with a Detech! They used to say "Take your Whites detector to the next level with the Ultimate Coil."
This was and is embarrassing for Whites. Do they not know enough to reverse engineer a competitors coil?

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
July 17, 2016 05:27AM
Kemper94 Wrote:
> They need to get out of the forum business. It
> really isn't a forum anyway and I think it does
> them more harm than good. It's not something they
> should have their name on. It's a tough business
> trying to stay ahead of the foreign manufacturers
> and they have to use some foreign made parts. They
> have a new 40 dollar digger that is made in
> Taiwan. I think most people realize how hard it is
> to compete for various reasons.
>
> I think the loyal Whites users will stick with
> them and may even buy the digger to show their
> support. Nothing wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with that at all as history shows, there are always those that are happy to go down with the ship -

As the many have always stated = "always buy from a reputable manufacturer" - Is that now a thing of the past? -

To be honest, I have used many many different manufacturers units except for White's - Their units looked great and their history in the industry was strong and encouraging, but I was simply put off that brand by a lot of their users - Certainly a different bunch of people who are happy to put the boot into other manufacturers when products are released, but not only that, act like piranha's when an issue with another manufacturer occurs - Now you can call BS to that if you like, but that's what I have observed in recent times -

Personally I think its about time for White's to survive, they need to be listening to this constructive criticism from the many experienced posters on the different forums & start actually listening to them instead of this, half arsed approach they have going on now -

If they are struggling to get their gear off the ground then they should look at sending their manufacturing offshore and concentrate on their design and marketing from the USA - I cannot see waves of loyal White's fans complaining about that compared to the complaints there would be if White's were to close their doors -

Having China building your gear has its advantages also - Lower manufacturing costs mean cheaper units in a already bulging market - Quality - As stated by one of the best Metal Detecting Engineers in recent history Mr Dave J clearly states that the Chinese can & do build units to their exact specifications they are given and to their (FT) high standards, so there would be no loss in quality - Finally, you can always blame them (China) for issue's like this in order to gain the sympathetic card from your loyal fan base - Just my 2c

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
July 17, 2016 10:38AM
Ya know I was the first person to shout FOUL about this machine on another forum, But I got put in my place by the Owner, of that Forum, The thing that Highlighted it to me was when they compared the mxs to the MXT, That was a huge mistake because I spent over 5000 hours using and testing only the MXT over about 5 years, And I did that because I wanted to specialize with one machine and not water down my knowledge by using many machines and by doing that I would have become a jack of all Trade,

Anyway when that Video came out where they used the mxs and the MX-5 and the MXT It took me less than 5 to 10 seconds to see what they were doing wrong and that the info was not True, and when I posted what I saw and what was going on I had my first cross words with a person I have always held in high regard and who I like to think of as a friend even though we have never Met., I voiced my opinions without leaving any grey areas and the You Know What Hit the Fan, Anyway a few weeks went by and then folks began to realize that I was right and things were said and life went on,

I was right about the machine (mxs) and I could not get No solid Answers from Whites and there seems to be a "NO Admit No Blame" policy in place, And as I posted else were this is a Detector Company Not the NSA, And this Total Denial thing that is going On has Driven me away from the Brand, In the Past year alone I have spent more than $7000.00 Alone On Whites Products and in Excess of over $20,000 Dollars in the past 5 years, Even this weekend I bought another Whites coil so that's 3 for the month so far, I have done my best to promote Whites Products, But how this farce has been handled has undone any good that I have done, And the thing with JIMMY told me that they don't give £%&$ And that no matter Who you are, You Don't matter. I even told them on their forum what I thought about the mxs, but now I feel that a person has to Skirt around Any Issues with Whites products on their forum and the response's you get are just Damage Control.

With all the Above I would like to point out that It is just a detector and People should Not start taking shots at each other over something that is out of our control after all we did not make it They Did, And If it was a car or a truck they would have recalled it by now, I watched one Guy send his back 3 times and now he has had to send it back because of cracks on the screen, And I cringe every time some one finds a new problem, I got the use of one and the only thing I liked was the coil, because of the long list of design faults I think they should scrap the mxs and start again with a clean slate and learn by it, But most of all Pay People Like Des and Andy to test the machines instead of taking the cheap way out, and when it is right then write the review, It took Whites over 2 and a half years to get the MXT right and we all know how good that machine is, and that is because The Testers had a Passion and wanted it to be all that it could be, The people who were working with Whites on this one have been Very quiet and the only reviews I have seen are those by Des and Andy but they only got their hands on the machines AFTER is was Built and I was told that another person was not going to be given one to test,

Another thing I told a dealer about all that has gone and advised them to use caution and point them to such forums where this machine becoming an Issue and low and behold that company is now Selling the thing, So it seems that SOME dealers are just as bad as Whites, because they know that they can still sell them to people who don't know any better, Thank God for the MXT A/P, The AT Pro, the AT Gold, The Nokta Fors Core, and the Racer 2 and the Newer F75 and the T2, and the XP Deus etc etc.

I hope all you Owners get the machine you paid for because Lord knows you have been Very Patient, Good Luck,

John

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2016 03:10PM by auminesweeper.
July 17, 2016 12:28PM
auminesweeper Wrote:
> Ya know I was the first person to shout FOUL about
> this machine on another forum, But I got put in my
> place by the Owner, of that Forum, The thing that
> Highlighted it to me was when they compared the
> mxs to the MXT, That was a huge mistake because I
> spent over 5000 hours using and testing only the
> MXT over about 5 years, And I did that because I
> wanted to specialize with one machine and not
> water down my knowledge by using many machines and
> by doing that I would have become a jack of all
> Trade,
>
> Anyway when that Video came out where they used
> the mxs and the MX-5 and the MXT It took me less
> than 5 to 10 seconds to see what they were doing
> wrong and that the info was not True, and when I
> posted what I saw and what was going on I had my
> first cross words with a person I have always held
> in high regard and who I like to think of as a
> friend even though we have never Met., I voiced my
> opinions without leaving any grey areas and the
> You Know What Hit the Fan, Anyway a few weeks went
> by and then folks began to realize that I was
> right and things were said and life went on,
>
> I was right about the machine (mxs) and I could
> not get No solid Answers from Whites and there
> seems to be a "NO Admit No Blame" policy in place,
> And as I posted else were this is a Detector
> Company Not the NSA, And this Total Denial thing
> that is going On has Driven me away from the
> Brand, In the Past year alone I have spent more
> than $7000.00 Alone On Whites Products and in
> Excess of over $20,000 Dollars in the past 5
> years, Even this weekend I bought another Whites
> coil so that's 3 for the month so far, I have done
> my best to promote Whites Products, But how this
> farce has been handled has undone any good that I
> have done, And the thing with JIMMY told me that
> they don't give £%&$ And that no matter Who you
> are, You Don't matter. I even told them on their
> forum what I thought about the mxs, but now I feel
> that a person has to Skirt around Any Issues with
> Whites products on their forum and the response's
> you get are just Damage Control.
>
> With all the Above I would like to point out that
> It is just a detector and People should Not start
> taking shots at each other over something that is
> out of our control after all we did not make it
> They Did, And If it was a car or a truck they
> would have recalled it by now, I watched one Guy
> send his back 3 times and now he has had to send
> it back because of cracks on the screen, And I
> cringe every time some one finds a new problem, I
> got the use of one and the only thing I liked was
> the coil, because of the long list of design
> faults I think they should scrap the mxs and start
> again with a clean slate and learn by it, But most
> of all Pay People Like Steve, Des and Andy to test
> the machines instead of taking the cheap way out,
> and when it is right then write the review, It
> took Whites over 2 and a half years to get the MXT
> right and we all know how good that machine is,
> and that is because The Testers had a Passion and
> wanted it to be all that it could be, The people
> who were working with Whites on this one have been
> Very quiet and the only reviews I have seen are
> those by Des and Andy but they only got their
> hands on the machines AFTER is was Built and I was
> told that another person was not going to be given
> one to test,
>
> Another thing I told a dealer about all that has
> gone and advised them to use caution and point
> them to such forums where this machine becoming an
> Issue and low and behold that company is now
> Selling the thing, So it seems that SOME dealers
> are just as bad as Whites, because they know that
> they can still sell them to people who don't know
> any better, Thank God for the MXT A/P, The AT Pro,
> the AT Gold, The Nokta Fors Core, and the Racer 2
> and the Newer F75 and the T2, and the XP Deus etc
> etc.
>
> I hope all you Owners get the machine you paid for
> because Lord knows you have been Very Patient,
> Good Luck,
>
> John

John,
If I owned a metal detecting making firm,,,I'd hire you in a heartbeat,,,just based on your post here.

Steve too,,and there are others.

Metal detecting companies,,,have something now and have had it now for a few years--- the Internet and metal detecting forums.

Real time feedback from different folks.

One would think this would indeed make a company do better overall,,,but here it seems things are staying the same or even getting worse.

I have took heat elsewhere on posting about this,,,like I have a vendetta towards the manufacturer.

Turning a blind eye,,,sure won't help here,,and I sure ain't that type of person.

Trying to satisfy the detecting public with what seems like after the fact means of manufacturing,,,,won't last or hold up,,,it will doom a manufacturer who tries and seems to keep doing.

I want each and every metal detecting manufacturer to be successful.

Why??

Because if they are,,this opens up the possibilities of myself having more detecting equipment possibilities.

Some things just can't go unnoticed.

The dealers too,,I think they could have done better here with this issue,,and even some models prior that had issues.

Great companies,,,most seem to learn from their mistakes otherwise it would be hard to be included.

White's needs a real spokesperson and fast.

Someone who can communicate around on the forums,,,and talk about their equipment,,,and any future equipment they are currently or are planning to make.

You can lead a horse to water,,,but you can't make them drink.

We have all heard this I'm sure.

I wish this manufacturer the best.

I will refrain from making any other suggestions or even comments that could be construed derogatory by the brand loyal.

I have done my part,,,have a clean conscience,,,and will be watching.

Cheers.
July 17, 2016 02:10PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:

> John,
> If I owned a metal detecting making firm,,,I'd
> hire you in a heartbeat,,,just based on your post
> here.
>
> Steve too,,and there are others.
>
> Metal detecting companies,,,have something now and
> have had it now for a few years--- the Internet
> and metal detecting forums.
>
> Real time feedback from different folks.
>
> One would think this would indeed make a company
> do better overall,,,but here it seems things are
> staying the same or even getting worse.
>
> I have took heat elsewhere on posting about
> this,,,like I have a vendetta towards the
> manufacturer.
>
> Turning a blind eye,,,sure won't help here,,and I
> sure ain't that type of person.
>
> Trying to satisfy the detecting public with what
> seems like after the fact means of
> manufacturing,,,,won't last or hold up,,,it will
> doom a manufacturer who tries and seems to keep
> doing.
>
> I want each and every metal detecting manufacturer
> to be successful.
>
> Why??
>
> Because if they are,,this opens up the
> possibilities of myself having more detecting
> equipment possibilities.
>
> Some things just can't go unnoticed.
>
> The dealers too,,I think they could have done
> better here with this issue,,and even some models
> prior that had issues.
>
> Great companies,,,most seem to learn from their
> mistakes otherwise it would be hard to be
> included.
>
> White's needs a real spokesperson and fast.
>
> Someone who can communicate around on the
> forums,,,and talk about their equipment,,,and any
> future equipment they are currently or are
> planning to make.
>
> You can lead a horse to water,,,but you can't make
> them drink.
>
> We have all heard this I'm sure.
>
> I wish this manufacturer the best.
>
> I will refrain from making any other suggestions
> or even comments that could be construed
> derogatory by the brand loyal.
>
> I have done my part,,,have a clean
> conscience,,,and will be watching.
>
> Cheers.

I would do all I could to help the Company or Person/s because for example "Me and Whites," I have had a lot of success with using their machines and although in the past I got Hot under the Coller that was based on how I feel about Whites and when I saw silly mistakes and then heard the company feed back I let them have it, Which in one respect I was wrong, But Whites is a good company but this complete "About Face" is not what we are use to seeing Nor expect from such a company that many of us invest our hard earned money and time in using and promoting their products free of charge,

One thing to remember Is we have the power that influences the sales of such machines, Not Whites, Because until we Except it Like we did the MXT and the GMT's and the DFX or the 5900DI Pros etc then sales are more related to either impulse buying or the novice being steered to that machine by Non caring Dealers, Very early in the piece I tried to warn people what was wrong but I was told I was bashing it because I loved the MXT, When Truly that was not the case, I Knew something was wrong and people would not listen while others talked some folks in to it, Personally I am still a bit sore about it because if I had not been put in my place I could have saved a lot of folk all this Greif ,

When I test any machine the first thing I do is see if can function normal tasks and then recreate certain problems that I have had with other machines and see if it can solve them or take it to place where others have failed,

One thing would Impress the life out of me right now and that would be If Whites would come here and be totally open, No more Smoke and Mirrors Just a plain old fashioned "OK We were Wrong" not like they did in the beginning by following it up with pre-Emptied Answers or Avoiding the questions completely, I can except the faults in the machine, It is the fact that No One will come out and say it as it is, People have had phone calls telling them that their machine is all fixed and when it has turned up it has had the wrong software, Parts missing, Cracks in the Screen and One person even had his machine recalled by Whites from UPS on the day that it was supposed to be Delivered and even though it was On the Truck the Owner could not have it even though he Owned it. Even being on the outside looking In, I found this totally embarrassing and it was nothing to do with me, This is just some of the things that happened, Add to that, That dealers are still selling the early faulty versions and can't send them back to get them updated before they sell them and then it falls back on to the Customer to get it repaired is wrong and I think one company got sued in the US for mail fraud for selling defective items yet thousands of these things are Cruising US Highways when Whites know that there is a problem with them,

I honestly can not imagine another thing that could happen or go wrong that would make this any worse than it is, Nothing on Earth could add to the problem, I am very blunt at times but I say it as it is and I do not mean to offend anyone, and Whites needed people like Des and Andy involved in pre-production or anyone else who knows how to get the best out of a machine, paying These Guys for a month of their time would have been a lot cheaper than the last 4 months of paying UPS or who ever it is for shipping Charges and this mess would never of happened.

Message To Whites:- Please consider Hiring the above People next time and not just send out machines to certain people and expect them to cover the return costs along with having them do it for nothing, YOU Pay Peanuts YOU Get Monkeys, The people I have listed have devoted their lives to detecting as have most of us and most of us buy machine because of their input and knowledge about such things when you add up the freight costs and overtime in getting these machine put right far out weighs the cost of paying these Guy their True Value,

john

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2016 03:12PM by auminesweeper.
July 17, 2016 03:17PM
As a Whites dealer I reserved 4 machines before the release. 3 were drop shipped and I personally wanted the 4th. I was going to make a super sales video showing the target separation and response. I took the MXS out just as I've taken several machines and started putting it through it's paces. I could tell right away there were issues. Especially in separation and modulated audio. I immediately sent an email to Steve Howard at Whites. Over several emails he decided it was the way "I" was running it and my ground was too neutral for the modulated audio to work! So I tried and tried to make it run. I found out that you must not run with modulation "on" and this actually cleared a lot of the audio issues up.
But I love modulation! So I talked to Steve again and he said he was going to send me a 950 to try. A few days later the 950 coil was here. It was the same! Steve's answer was "I tested mine and it works just fine" So being stupid I made a video showing the MXS in action. I could only run up to 8 tones with modulation off. Yes, you can find coins and I did just that. The video quickly had like 10,000 views. But as soon as Whites admitted they had a tone smear issue I contacted the 3 that bought from me and told them to send it back for updates. One customer contacted me and said he's sending it back a second time because it was worse. I have not recommended this machine to anyone since the 1st update bomb. Plus I removed my MXSport video from Youtube. I feel so bad my customers had to endure such trouble. An ATpro killer it is not. Better performance than the "Pretty Little French thing" it is not.
I have such a love for Whites that this breaks my heart to have thoughts like this. But it is what it is and people need to know.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2016 03:24PM by khouse.
July 17, 2016 03:46PM
khouse Wrote:
> As a Whites dealer I reserved 4 machines before
> the release. 3 were drop shipped and I personally
> wanted the 4th. I was going to make a super sales
> video showing the target separation and response.
> I took the MXS out just as I've taken several
> machines and started putting it through it's
> paces. I could tell right away there were issues.
> Especially in separation and modulated audio. I
> immediately sent an email to Steve Howard at
> Whites. Over several emails he decided it was the
> way "I" was running it and my ground was too
> neutral for the modulated audio to work! So I
> tried and tried to make it run. I found out that
> you must not run with modulation "on" and this
> actually cleared a lot of the audio issues up.
> But I love modulation! So I talked to Steve again
> and he said he was going to send me a 950 to try.
> A few days later the 950 coil was here. It was the
> same! Steve's answer was "I tested mine and it
> works just fine" So being stupid I made a video
> showing the MXS in action. I could only run up to
> 8 tones with modulation off. Yes, you can find
> coins and I did just that. The video quickly had
> like 10,000 views. But as soon as Whites admitted
> they had a tone smear issue I contacted the 3 that
> bought from me and told them to send it back for
> updates. One customer contacted me and said he's
> sending it back a second time because it was
> worse. I have not recommended this machine to
> anyone since the 1st update bomb. Plus I removed
> my MXSport video from Youtube. I feel so bad my
> customers had to endure such trouble. An ATpro
> killer it is not. Better performance than the
> "Pretty Little French thing" it is not.
> I have such a love for Whites that this breaks my
> heart to have thoughts like this. But it is what
> it is and people need to know.

Kenny I remember all the effort you made on behalf of other people and I said at the time that you were my preferred type of Dealer, So you can hold your head up I saw/Read everything you did to do right with people, So I urge others to deal with you because you are a Solid Guy, and I respect that you were honest from the get Go.

John
July 17, 2016 04:00PM
auminesweeper Wrote:
> Ya know I was the first person to shout FOUL about
> this machine on another forum, But I got put in my
> place by the Owner, of that Forum, The thing that
> Highlighted it to me was when they compared the
> mxs to the MXT, That was a huge mistake because I
> spent over 5000 hours using and testing only the
> MXT over about 5 years, And I did that because I
> wanted to specialize with one machine and not
> water down my knowledge by using many machines and
> by doing that I would have become a jack of all
> Trade,
>
> Anyway when that Video came out where they used
> the mxs and the MX-5 and the MXT It took me less
> than 5 to 10 seconds to see what they were doing
> wrong and that the info was not True, and when I
> posted what I saw and what was going on I had my
> first cross words with a person I have always held
> in high regard and who I like to think of as a
> friend even though we have never Met., I voiced my
> opinions without leaving any grey areas and the
> You Know What Hit the Fan, Anyway a few weeks went
> by and then folks began to realize that I was
> right and things were said and life went on,
>
> I was right about the machine (mxs) and I could
> not get No solid Answers from Whites and there
> seems to be a "NO Admit No Blame" policy in place,
> And as I posted else were this is a Detector
> Company Not the NSA, And this Total Denial thing
> that is going On has Driven me away from the
> Brand, In the Past year alone I have spent more
> than $7000.00 Alone On Whites Products and in
> Excess of over $20,000 Dollars in the past 5
> years, Even this weekend I bought another Whites
> coil so that's 3 for the month so far, I have done
> my best to promote Whites Products, But how this
> farce has been handled has undone any good that I
> have done, And the thing with JIMMY told me that
> they don't give £%&$ And that no matter Who you
> are, You Don't matter. I even told them on their
> forum what I thought about the mxs, but now I feel
> that a person has to Skirt around Any Issues with
> Whites products on their forum and the response's
> you get are just Damage Control.
>
> With all the Above I would like to point out that
> It is just a detector and People should Not start
> taking shots at each other over something that is
> out of our control after all we did not make it
> They Did, And If it was a car or a truck they
> would have recalled it by now, I watched one Guy
> send his back 3 times and now he has had to send
> it back because of cracks on the screen, And I
> cringe every time some one finds a new problem, I
> got the use of one and the only thing I liked was
> the coil, because of the long list of design
> faults I think they should scrap the mxs and start
> again with a clean slate and learn by it, But most
> of all Pay People Like Steve, Des and Andy to test
> the machines instead of taking the cheap way out,
> and when it is right then write the review, It
> took Whites over 2 and a half years to get the MXT
> right and we all know how good that machine is,
> and that is because The Testers had a Passion and
> wanted it to be all that it could be, The people
> who were working with Whites on this one have been
> Very quiet and the only reviews I have seen are
> those by Des and Andy but they only got their
> hands on the machines AFTER is was Built and I was
> told that another person was not going to be given
> one to test,
>
> Another thing I told a dealer about all that has
> gone and advised them to use caution and point
> them to such forums where this machine becoming an
> Issue and low and behold that company is now
> Selling the thing, So it seems that SOME dealers
> are just as bad as Whites, because they know that
> they can still sell them to people who don't know
> any better, Thank God for the MXT A/P, The AT Pro,
> the AT Gold, The Nokta Fors Core, and the Racer 2
> and the Newer F75 and the T2, and the XP Deus etc
> etc.
>
> I hope all you Owners get the machine you paid for
> because Lord knows you have been Very Patient,
> Good Luck,
>
> John

Thanks John (respect) -

They have experienced people like you (and others) willing to help at all costs, yet simply ignore the best source of feedback - (crazy)

Its obvious to me some businesses take advice as an attack - What a shame

Yet we have some NEW manufacturers that ENCOURAGE feedback from their customers & they appear to being doing well in implementing those changes into new and exciting equipment - On this alone, makes the alternative a better investment -

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
July 17, 2016 04:21PM
rustic charm Wrote:

> Thanks John (respect) -
>
> They have experienced people like you (and others)
> willing to help at all costs, yet simply ignore
> the best source of feedback - (crazy)
>
> Its obvious to me some businesses take advice as
> an attack - What a shame
>
> Yet we have some NEW manufacturers that ENCOURAGE
> feedback from their customers & they appear to
> being doing well in implementing those changes
> into new and exciting equipment - On this alone,
> makes the alternative a better investment -

A lot of companies have become misdirected by following an Idea that these younger engineers come up with and the truth is quite a lot of machines have worse separation than some of the machines we had 30 years ago and when I saw some test I was a bit shocked at first when I saw the results, I think Whites has forgotten where they came from and also what there machines could do way back then, and after a Video of those old machines I realised that we have gone backwards, I wont post the Videos because I don't know if Thomas allows that sort of thing,

When I say we have gone backwards I mean it, Some of the new companies Not included but even their machines compared to a test I saw fell short and that really got me thinking and with credit card in hand Clicking on the Buy It Now button On Ebay, Somewhere along the line someone forgot some very important technology,

John.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2016 04:22PM by auminesweeper.
July 17, 2016 04:22PM
Me? I just want one of my favorite detector companies to make me proud to be a customer.
July 17, 2016 04:31PM
WOW - This has more uproar than the Easter hunts by Whites that were having people go into the people's parks for fake hints. Parks that are already vulnerable and hardly a peep from anyone.
Now people are so worried about how the people are being treated and the machine issue is not near as important. Some of you have so much in common I would think you would get along fine but you don't.

It's probably just a matter of misplaced priorities that is causing so much negativity on the internet. Us that have our priorities in order get along fine. tongue sticking out smiley
July 17, 2016 04:49PM
Kemper94 Wrote:
> WOW - This has more uproar than the Easter hunts
> by Whites that were having people go into the
> people's parks for fake hints. Parks that are
> already vulnerable and hardly a peep from anyone.
> Now people are so worried about how the people are
> being treated and the machine issue is not near as
> important. Some of you have so much in common I
> would think you would get along fine but you
> don't.
>
> It's probably just a matter of misplaced
> priorities that is causing so much negativity on
> the internet. Us that have our priorities in
> order get along fine. tongue sticking out smiley

No we are worried about the Machine but the knock on effect is now just wearing people down and they do deserve some consideration because of how the whole situation has been handled, Remembering that I have been in the thick of this from the get Go, Trying to get the powers that be to take note, There are many things that I could say about the machine, But these people don't need me rubbing salt in the wound and after 4 months all they need is support and to know that someone does give a damn, I don't think that is too much to ask, But that's just Me.

John.
July 17, 2016 05:41PM
>
But these people don't need me rubbing
> salt in the wound and after 4 months all they need
> is support and to know that someone does give a
> damn, I don't think that is too much to ask, But
> that's just Me.
>
> John.

If someone wants to help them out that is fine. The reality of the situation is that their forum sucks and I think most agree on that. Their facebook page was used by them to promote their company at the expense of public property that is already vulnerable and they have a right to do so. Their appearance on other forums is being described as terrible by those that have followed that. Their release and followup on this detector sucks and that is the general consensus.

Whites offers nothing to the hobby or detecting that can not be found elsewhere. They do hire and employ people and that is a plus. The hobby or detecting would not suffer if they would fold. I think that is the situation.

I don't wish harm on any reputable business and people will have their own opinion as to whether they are reputable or not. They do have to honor their commitments but let's not act like it is a big deal whether or not they get their act together as far as the detector business goes.
July 17, 2016 05:58PM
This definitly puts the last nail in the coffin on the MX SPORT for me. I was seriously considering trading my Mxt All Pro for this, as I was getting interested in some water hunting. Think I'll keep it and look at other waterproof detectors.
July 17, 2016 06:08PM
Kemper94 Wrote:

> If someone wants to help them out that is fine.
> The reality of the situation is that their forum
> sucks and I think most agree on that. Their
> facebook page was used by them to promote their
> company at the expense of public property that is
> already vulnerable and they have a right to do so.
> Their appearance on other forums is being
> described as terrible by those that have followed
> that. Their release and followup on this detector
> sucks and that is the general consensus.
>
> Whites offers nothing to the hobby or detecting
> that can not be found elsewhere. They do hire and
> employ people and that is a plus. The hobby or
> detecting would not suffer if they would fold. I
> think that is the situation.
>
> I don't wish harm on any reputable business and
> people will have their own opinion as to whether
> they are reputable or not. They do have to honor
> their commitments but let's not act like it is a
> big deal whether or not they get their act
> together as far as the detector business goes.

That's fair comment, But it does matter and their input has been incredible over the years and people like Dave J and Carl have given us things that are still highly revered to this day, If this whole thing had gone the other way this machine could of been a game changer but the only people buying them are the ones that are either new to the hobby or those that just hope and pray they get a good one, And the end result is they did not listen to us and they built what they wanted to build but most of all they are still not listening, and until things change and they build what we want instead of build what they like then it is only going to get worse, People have been asking for manual GB on the MXT since about 2001 but someone said NO because it would have too many button anyway they stuck 3 large push pads on it when they could have fitted 5 small ones like the GMT has and the MXT would have been safe for another 10 years, Remembering that it was designed by prospector for prospectors with Dave J and Jimmy S working together all on the same page, Yet this new one has about 9 buttons and still no manual GB, At the end of the day it is down to them If they still want to be here in 2 or 3 years time because two eastern Block companies are smashing down doors and taking names.

John.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2016 06:18PM by auminesweeper.
July 17, 2016 06:26PM
hanoverdigger Wrote:
> This definitly puts the last nail in the coffin on
> the MX SPORT for me. I was seriously considering
> trading my Mxt All Pro for this, as I was getting
> interested in some water hunting. Think I'll keep
> it and look at other waterproof detectors.

I have owned the last Three MXTs and I don't care what else they bring out as long as they keep making and / Or improving the MXT. Because it will Tend to 99% of your needs, None of the top machine are any better they are just different with different features so all a person needs to do is buy the one that suits them most, But once you get into MXT type machines whether it be from Europe or Fisher or Gerrett etc its just a matter of picking the one that appeals to you, they are all excellent machines.

John
July 17, 2016 06:35PM
Well,
Let's assume someone in the USA hit one of these big powerballs,,,and they decided to start a metal detector manufacturing business with their loot.

Let's assume this person knows little about metal detecting or metal detectors,,,but they have a friend who does.

What would,this person do if they wanted to be successful???

Besides depending on their friend's knowledge,,,would it be smart to do the following??

Look at the industry as a whole.

See what sells and is popular and why.

See whose practices seem to be working in the various stages I. E. Development, actual manufacturing, support.

What style detector from an ergonomic standpoint,,,seems to get the most attention.

How often does it seem a manufacturer does a new release.

How long do the manufacturers offer warranty.

How do the different manufacturers handle grievances and shortcoming with their products.

How do the different manufacturers interact with potential customers

Where do the different manufacturers get their parts

Where do the different manufacturers get their engineers,,and how are they recruited.

Actually look at and operate some of the detectors used by the public.

Business can be a tough game,,,almost like fighting a war.

You have to keep an eye on your competition.

The best coaches in the NCAA and NFL,,,you think they watch tapes of the competition???

Are they looking for weaknesses,,and also the strengths of the competition??

In a nutshell folks the above,,from a WORLDLY standpoint now--- this is what it takes to be competitive.

Can be brutal,,can be very rewarding,,,but a manufacturer must be doing their homework continuously,,,never ending.
You stop,,,and the train will go right by you.

All manufacturers are on the pedestal,,some more than others,,,,folks are watching,,,folks are studying,,folks are drawing conclusions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2016 06:38PM by tnsharpshooter.
July 17, 2016 06:57PM
I agree TnSS, when I think how well this could of gone if someone had only listened, I want them to succeed at this but they have to start with something like your list because what ever they are doing it ain't working.

John.
July 17, 2016 07:16PM
Straight up I have no degree in business.

But changing any business on how it operates,,,not easy.

Here's the hard part,,,how do you change processes and how your employees view and do things ,,,,,,without upsetting the apple cart.

Meaning keep production and development a going steadily yet make these needed changes.

This my folks is called "Great Leadership" in my book.

A very delicate high wire act--- not just anyone can master or do.

There are folks who can, I've seen a few folks actually do.
July 17, 2016 07:32PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Straight up I have no degree in business.
>
> But changing any business on how it operates,,,not
> easy.
>
> Here's the hard part,,,how do you change processes
> and how your employees view and do things
> ,,,,,,without upsetting the apple cart.
>
> Meaning keep production and development a going
> steadily yet make these needed changes.
>
> This my folks is called "Great Leadership" in my
> book.
>
> A very delicate high wire act--- not just anyone
> can master or do.
>
> There are folks who can, I've seen a few folks
> actually do.

I use to Chew those out when needed but praise should be handed out in equal measures too, and as long as the work got done then if they got finished early I would let them go home early and still pay them for the full day and another thing I would never ask them to do a job that I was not prepared to do myself and I would work along side them no matter what the job, In 4 and a half days I got a job that was 7 weeks behind that ended up 2 weeks ahead, A boss won't get good work from people if they crush their Spirit, I know how it made me feel with the boss on my case and it makes a person hold back and not give a stuff, That's no way to get the best from people

John
July 17, 2016 07:49PM
World society it seems has moved more to what I call the Bic butane lighter philosophy.

Minelab seems caught on here first.

Use the product for a while,,then dump and get another-- that has actual support even for a little while.

So Xp did as well,,but there version updates satisfied this requirement.

Makro and Nokta,,well they seem to get around this by being able to quickly bring out a new detector with it seems few problems ( at least from an operational standpoint).

Garrett,,,are they are doing is holding on dearly to the AT series-- and they should it has served them extremely well.

Fisher,,,I don't know what they are doing,,except maybe lowering prices of current production units.

From the looks of things,,a very good performing Vlf waterproof detector--- market is still very ripe.

If one can be released that is worthy,,above average stable in wet salt sand and water--- will sell extremely well.

Any guesses who will release such detector??? I have a guess,,but will with hold.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2016 07:55PM by tnsharpshooter.
July 17, 2016 09:29PM
First release Explorer XS I ever had would emit a weird hum when backlight was on...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 17, 2016 10:59PM
Curious, Keith,

did you read the whole thread or just the title? <g>

I'm sure you've seen some shortcomings on new detectors in your 40 years...

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?