Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

MX Sport Audio Modulation, VCO, Iron Grunt, slight hum from backlight

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: MX Sport Audio Modulation, VCO, Iron Grunt, slight hum from backlight
July 21, 2016 01:28AM
Whites has lost steam.. these dumb videos they made with guys doing pushups, swimming etc did absolutely nothing ... De ol sly dipshit on the whites forum still shutting down first amendment rights lol what a joke.. hope whites can sucker enough noobs to buy because they have lost alot of the bread and butter buyers like me.. i was a guarantee to buy anything they made til now... Cheap crap with Chinese quality is what ive seen... This mxsport is a train wreck with no end in sight... My guess is they have no clue how to fix it.. my money will be going elsewhere.. well it already has...
July 21, 2016 01:30AM
Tom Boyken,
How about doing the same for one of my personal friends that was belittled over on your Mother Ship forum.

July 21, 2016 02:18AM
Dear Mr Boykin,,,

Some thoughts and questions here.

I think if a person considers how this tight ship you call it over at you know where,,,this in fact plays on folks here to a degree.

So what happens is you have one crocodile pit as viewed by some there,,,and another crocodile pit here.

This is not from an entire hobby standpoint,,,the equipment folks use,,,,all this is in a nutshell is terrible for the hobby.

I would be posting this over at you know where,,,but I think I know what the result would be.

So,,since through process of elimination,,,I am trying to communicate with you and your team here.

So hear goes.

These new plastic face plates,,,how are they different from the old,,,and just how were they tested,, and how long were they tested on any number of units??
Has anyone to your knowledge,,,indeed again had cracks via using the new material it seems faceplates??

Is this replacing this faceplate a critical process??? Overall,,any special tools required??

I am asking this question,,,because what if a person after warranty expires,,if a person is provided the needed parts,,could this be a DIY project??? For units obviously out of warranty.

You see I am trying to see,,,what are folks possible options down the road with this detector when the warranty expires??

And a person btw,,could damage their faceplate by accident as well through scratches and or dropping their detectior or mishandling causing damage to faceplate even subjected it to water intrusion damage if subjected to rain or water submersion.

All good questions here I think,,,some answers here to these questions could infact help folks down the road concerning this detector.

David

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2016 02:20AM by tnsharpshooter.
July 21, 2016 03:15AM
it should not be long now - they have had their photo issue addressed rather quickly & in a professional manner -

something that appears to be foreign to them it seems - Personally, I think its about time they hired some adults over at White's as opposed to their current lot of management - too busy concentrating on deflecting the problem instead of standing up taking control of the situation -

as others have mentioned - the best way to see how great a company is, is to see how well they fix their stuff ups -

Surely there must be someone willing & able in the USA, to man up and represent what used to be a benchmark of Metal Detector Manufacturers through this time and in the future - The current management needs replaced as they are clearly losing their customers, past, present & in the future - I suppose as long as they still have the blind loyalists, nothing will improve out of that stable as there will always be those that would cheer on a broom with a White's logo on it......

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
July 21, 2016 04:18AM
Archery story time.

Mathews is a huge bow manufacturer, that is based right here in the USA in Wisconsin. They released a new bow series for 2016 in January at the big archery show where all the new lineups are revealed. People put in orders for these bows...as they were pretty awesome from the demo bows they saw. Well, most of the time the manufacturers will start rolling out shipments within a month or two after the big show. Mathews did too...they had a few go out, and then a problem was discovered with the bow cams...in which the bow could explode upon pulling them back. The groove track for the string/cables was found to be a few thousandths of an inch too shallow...and the string could derail out of the track. So what did Mathews do? They halted production instead of continuing to roll out bow orders to fulfill their quota. This got them behind and backpiled on orders...and it was 5-6 months after the show before people started to get their bows. In the mean time, Mathews sent out a recall notice to all dealers informing them to ship back any bows that had already been sent out, and they were able to get their arms around the bows that did get out...correct the problem...then continue production with the corrected cams on the bows. Sure...a few inpatient people were complaining about how long it was taking to get their bows but in the end, they handled the situation like it should have been handled, and VERY few customers actually got their hands on those first few models that went out. Most of them were actually the demo bows that Mathews sends all their dealers; that isn't supposed to be available for purchase by customers.

Whites needs to take notes on how they handled that situation. I think the MXSport issue has gone too far out to get their arms completely around the situation. And the whole attitude I have seen about it displayed on the forums is NOT the attitude to have about it. I have been on the forums for many years now and I have a screen name that many people recognize, and opinion that many people respect and listen to. I get a bunch of PMs and such from these forums asking about various detectors, etc. How could I, in good conscious, recommend a Whites metal detector to people now? Look at how many people on this forum, bought an MX Sport due to my posts/finds with it. ALL of them have had issues with their detector now...including the one I got, in which I have been open/vocal about them as I found them. You guys had an opportunity to make a big hit with this machine. The DNA was there...the chassis was there...everything was lined up for a great thing. Then you fumbled the ball at the half yard line and the other team recovered it and ran the other way.
July 21, 2016 04:34AM
Daniel,,,great story.

Here is what I find both interesting and confusing.

I sent in a warranty card for my unit.

I put my phone number on it.
There was if I remember correctly also a place for email address.

Now why did White's it seems ask for this information on this card???

I mean couldn't I make a case this requested information,,,,is actually for this SITUATION here this detector faces??

My phone hasn't rung btw,,with a rep from White's on the other end of the line.

Now,,Folks keep seeing me try to ask questions here,,,but just how big is this problem with this detector??

Wonder if White's had they reached out to already paid customers of this detector,,,and actually by number determined just how many detectors are infact faulty either with firmware and or cracked face plates.

And when they gathered all of this information,,,at least report this info honestly and do a recall or not-- their decision...

Such an absolutely stupid all the way around situation,,,when one thinks about it,,with what I have said here.

And remember White's has admitted they can't tell via serial number how many units have faulty face plates.

So they should have mined the data from guess who--- the customer.

So could one presume their asking for contact info,,,was for a raffle or a door prize??

What needs to be awarded here is a Pulitzer prize for STUPIDITY.

Since when did the burden start falling on the customer when a manufacturer makes a defective product??? For the customer to indeed reach out to the manufacturer vs the other way around.

Very sad story here.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2016 04:54AM by tnsharpshooter.
July 21, 2016 05:49AM
I started this thread in an effort to inform owners and would-be owners of my personal experiences and findings with the MX Sport. I tried to be honest and respectful, and think I have been. I have email conversations going with my dealer, his distributor, and with tboykin at Whites. All of them are apologetic for the poor service I have received from White's, and they are trying to resolve my issues and deliver to me a good product. I am aggravated, certainly, and completely baffled at how poorly White's has chosen to deal with the issues with this product. That's fact! I have tried to keep my discourse rational and respectful, and the responses I have received have also been respectful, if not particularly fruitful as yet.
Just my opinion, the post on the White's forum that SHoward from White's posted AFTER the moderator closed the thread was disrespectful to a White's customer and to White's competitors and should not have been posted, and certainly should have been removed. Also my opinion, KHouse's post of the photo, certainly intended as a humorous/cynical remark, should have been removed after tboykin asked for its removal. It had served its purpose and the point for its removal was valid. Just because something's legal does not make it the proper thing to do or refuse to undo.

I would prefer that the posts from both sides, users and manufacturer, be more adult , more intelligent, and geared toward resolving problems rather than creating more problems.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
July 21, 2016 06:39AM
WTG Guys, Yeah That's Who You Are, Proud of Ya,

This whole situation needs to be handled better, and Smart a$$ comments from senior WHITES Management is an All Time High in LOWS,
Whites has No Right to be Offended what So Ever about any of This When it was Whites that Created this Whole Situation, People were promised the all seeing eye and People like Digger Bob posted Videos of this machine finding Hoards of Silver down 18 inches or 2 feet deep in Large Ammo Boxes and people were impressed, But the Truth a Tandy Detector would have found something that Big that Deep and I knew and had those same thought in the first few seconds of the Video. Many folks like Digger and Quite Right Too, But the Video about the TDI SL leaves so many Issues not covered and the MX sport video is just smoke and mirrors.,

The Whites made wild claims about the MX sport Vs TWO very respected Machines like the XP Deus and the Garrett AT Pro/Gold and that Bit them On the aZZ, Then Comes The Ultimate War Crime, Whites Took it upon them selves to make a Video to Discredit the One Machine that has kept Whites in the fore front of detecting and Prospecting that has kept the Company Afloat for 16 years while the world awaits their next Icon, Ridiculing the Highest Selling Detector in the world To Date. Using fabrication and lies to discredit the MXT in Order to make their latest offering to be seen in a Better Light,

Problem Number One is You did not factor In That there are some of us that actually Know that machine better than your Staff, BIG MISTAKE. The Lies started from that moment on when I pulled you on it and they have just kept Coming since,

Some folks have had to send in their machines 2 and 3 times and we have seen Some folks not even allowed to have their Own detector when it was due to be delivered after having the updates installed But through someone back at Whites the Delivery Driver was not allowed to deliver it and then In some cases parts that were in the Box Whites failed to be returned them to Their Rightful Owner, And You have the nerve to put the blame on us, You Manufactured this Whole Saga / Mess, You Lied at the Start and you are Lying Still, What will it Take to get you people to just put your hands up and say "OK We Were Wrong" instead of filling our Ears with C*** and Lie's, Don't keep posting Lies about Whites Excellent Customer Service because we have seen you in a Clinch and it Sucks, Even the untrained could keep a customers happy when every thing is going smoothly, The Problems involved throughout this whole Issue/ 4 months could have been Halved if Whites had just Reviewed their Customer Relations Honesty Policy,

Whites, You Sh** The Bed You Lay In It.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2016 07:39AM by auminesweeper.
July 21, 2016 07:05AM
ncwayne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I started this thread in an effort to inform
> owners and would-be owners of my personal
> experiences and findings with the MX Sport. I
> tried to be honest and respectful, and think I
> have been. I have email conversations going with
> my dealer, his distributor, and with tboykin at
> Whites. All of them are apologetic for the poor
> service I have received from White's, and they are
> trying to resolve my issues and deliver to me a
> good product. I am aggravated, certainly, and
> completely baffled at how poorly White's has
> chosen to deal with the issues with this product.
> That's fact! I have tried to keep my discourse
> rational and respectful, and the responses I have
> received have also been respectful, if not
> particularly fruitful as yet.
> Just my opinion, the post on the White's forum
> that SHoward from White's posted AFTER the
> moderator closed the thread was disrespectful to a
> White's customer and to White's competitors and
> should not have been posted, and certainly should
> have been removed. Also my opinion, KHouse's post
> of the photo, certainly intended as a
> humorous/cynical remark, should have been removed
> after tboykin asked for its removal. It had served
> its purpose and the point for its removal was
> valid. Just because something's legal does not
> make it the proper thing to do or refuse to undo.
>
> I would prefer that the posts from both sides,
> users and manufacturer, be more adult , more
> intelligent, and geared toward resolving problems
> rather than creating more problems.
>
> Wayne

That's fair Comment, But this situation is a lot worse than we thought, and If they are Allowed to get away with it then that will open the doors for other companies to abuse peoples Trust and Rights, We are talking about a 90% Failure Rate here, And the whole Issue is completely Void of Honesty, They seem to operate with a No Blame Policy, But if we Broke it We would be to Blame, And the most Annoying part is in the Real World If you make False Claims or Market defective products YOU Will Be Arrested, And Whites seem to Think that it is OK to do this, I Thought Whites was Based in Oregon But this Latest turn of events Apparently they Appear to be Based in Michael Jacksons Never Never Land, I Guess that means It's Never going to work and It's Never Going to Be Fixed

Not One thing they have said has Come True, It is not the all seeing eye, It is not fit to even be in the same Room as the Pretty Little French Thing, The AT pro has gained even more status because of this, And to compare it to the MXT is like comparing a single Cell Life Form To God.

I wish you Only the best of luck with your machine, But this is way way bigger than you and me.

Take care.
July 21, 2016 12:03PM
Wayne I hope you get your problem resolved.

There seems to be some confusion though with folks.

Mr Dankowski,,I feel truly believes in first amendment rights,,,so I am going to take this opportunity to use a bit of his band witdth here to show folks just a sample of why so many questions and possibly why this situation is not being truly painted as it is.

Good accurate info is key IMO to resolve issues.
Folks when they are looking for information on a metal detecting companies website ( this btw has been attested to be here already by White's it seems employee) want to see factual data.

So as I was perusing around on this company's website I noticed the following and called it in to question.

This link here posted by the super moderator,,,look down where he comments on tone smearing,,,look what he says about his firmware...unit appears to have new firmware.
[forums.whiteselectronics.com]

I just a couple days ago I ask a question on this forum,,,in the MX Sport subsection about this,,,because this same individual publically admitted to another member when responding to a question,,,his unit only had 6 levels of SAT.

So it appears from this this gents own comments he doesn't have the latest firmware update.

So I ask if the test data supplied in the link above,,,was this data actually from a detector with the latest firmware??
And the link I don't think the tester there ever mentions SAT level 8.

So I could see this test info actually being misleading,,,and notice the title of the thread--- talks about being continuously updating.

So now folks know what I ask and why,,,here is the entire conversation I had on this issue.

I'll let folks draw their own conclusions.

This is lifted off their site,,,if I posted actual link-- info may be destroyed.

The chronological order is from the latest conservation to the initial start-- inverted

Also I usually don't make private message info public without at least first asking permission and they granting who I was having a conservation with,,,but this here I feel calls for an exception. And no,,I'm not currently ban on the site.
This posting here not for retribution,,but to show attitude,,culture maybe.
After this posting here though,,,I may well be banned.
But the truth is the truth.

tnsharpshooter
You do what you want,,, seems even conservation via pm trouble you,,with all the added warnings.

What I can't figure out,,,why not talk to me about my question before you deleted

Seems like you could have have gotten some additional facts or thoughts from me,,,before deciding to delete my post.

Like your mind was already made up.
Ashamed really.

deolslyfox
Not worried a bit. I sent this PM to Admin and to Mr. Howard just to be sure it is received intact and unaltered.

Consider this your third and final warning. (No "threat" - WARNING). Any further disruption of the forum will result in the loss of your forum privileges here.

Fox Forum Moderator
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tnsharpshooter
No discussion,,,that is the problem here.
And why folks are confused.
Don't worry I sent this entire exchange to admin.

I am a customer,,and deserve to be treating like one.
You don't like my questions evidently.
And this one here,,definitely worthy,,besides the title of the post says being continually updated,,,yet I see no mention of Sat Level 8 during testing.

Folks are looking for good accurate info on the unit,,they may infact come here to find.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

deolslyfox
tnsharpshooter:

This is not a matter for discussion. Continued disruption of the forum will result in the loss of your forum privileges here.

If you have an issue with Mr. Howard, please discuss it with Mr. Howard off line via PM, e-mail or telecon.

A copy of this PM has been forwarded to ADMIN and to Mr. Howard.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fox Forum Moderator

tnsharpshooter
deolslyfox
tnsharpshooter:

I removed your post asking about test results. It should be abundantly clear that those tests were done immediately after the MX Sport was shipped, prior to any firmware updates, cracking issues, etc.

What IS clear is that you are trying to disrupt the forum. You have had posts removed from other forums for the same type of posting.

If you continue to post in this manner your forum privileges here will be suspended.

A copy of this warning has been forwarded to ADMIN and to other forum Moderators.

Fox Forum Moderator

I think you are mistaken about deleting my post.
I urge you to go up and read in your post at the top of the sub forum what you posted,,about tone smearing,,,you say unit appears to have updated firmware--- your words not mine.

Then just recently you commented your unit only has 6 levels of SAT.

So my question was a worthy question it seems.

As far as your threat towards me,,,I posted the truth,,never bashed no one.

Seems Mr Howard's comments toward me,,,as a paid customer of a White's product(actually 2) aren't very professional.

I like to see accurate data posted,,,shouldn't be nothing wrong with that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2016 12:10PM by tnsharpshooter.
July 21, 2016 12:52PM
Yep, that is a big problem, do they really think that they can stop word getting out with many 000s of Forums out there, that's like trying to hold back the tide,
July 21, 2016 01:44PM
Been gone a few days and getting caught up on the post. I seen the pic that Khouse posted. Looks harmless, a couple folks around a wader pool. Their faces are blurred. I fail to see why Tboykin is upset. I almost bet that he was relieved to see that photo posted and used it as a means/excuse to not have to come back to this site and deal with the upset folks that bought a MX Sport.

And then the good ol' post from SHoward to TNSharpshooter "It was suggested by many.......Turkish language could help clear up (for you) any further misunderstandings; " Wouldn't expect any less from him. But I must admit, it is the first post that I have seen from him that makes any sense. The Turkish language has helped me as well ( 2 Fors CoRes, a couple Racer 2's and one original Red Racer.) I have sold all my Whites machines only keeping a M6 ( sentimental reasons) I find it amazing SHoward that you have been at Whites since about 1985-86 and in the last 5-6 years they have gone through 3 CEO's and now looking for another......yet you were passed over every time. Given your less then mature remarks, as quoted in this post and other remarks such as " Stupid Frenchie thing" etc etc, it is abundantly clear you are not ready and probably will never be ready for a leadership position. Rather TNSharpshooter was right or wrong isn't the point, but rather how you, a person that has represented Whites for 30 years responded. Is this the best that we can expect from upper management from Whites ?

Whites was such a great company.......What the hell happened ??
July 21, 2016 01:54PM
I have been a member here for some years now.

I have seen some worthy folks here like NASA Tom, Keith, Steve, Daniel, Monte and others.

All have shared information about certain models detectors.

Some have even posted detailed test data.

Some have posted you tube links of their actual videos.

I have never witnessed any one of the individuals above---- ever display when responding to a question concerning something they posted,,,,a shut up and color mentality.

Rather they go into detail,,and share the actual whys behind what they have seen and heard using a detector.

Kudos to all the folks on this forum who share their true experiences here,,,and I mean ALL.
July 21, 2016 02:04PM
I believe there is a big difference between the ideas, methods and mindset behind what is called damage control and actually solving problems.
Some initial steps might be identical at first but solving problems completely and keeping hard earned reputations and supporters and customers happy takes further effort into the areas of honesty, transparency and logical and needed actions.
It seems to me it in this case there has been too much of one...not enough of another.

That archery co. is a good example of how it should be done, the kerfuffle going on about Trump's wife's speech being lifted from Michelle Obama's is the opposite.
Deny, deny, deny is all they did even though it immediately blew up big time, was obvious what had happened and became so large and out of control so fast that they finally did what they should have done the instant it all started...
a speechwriter came forth and admitted she lifted, by accident, parts of that speech and offered herself up for sacrifice.

As much as many that believe they are in charge that sometimes think in opposite directions there is in fact a large part of the population that is not stupid, has common sense and cannot be lightly brushed aside with minimal effort.

Curious to see how this all shakes out down the road but it appears that things seem to be taking the path to getting worse for them, not better.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2016 02:13PM by diggwr27.
July 21, 2016 02:06PM
From whites forum--

Kman----You didn't answer my question--" Are you saying a person is " good to go " if they have the inferior plastic but see no cracks yet ? "
deolslyfox---Yes.
Kman-- Thank you. Next question--Are dealers selling machines that have not been inspected for the SAT issue and for the inferior plastic screen issue ( whether or not they have the inferior plastic ) ?
deolslyfox-- This has all been hashed out. There's no reason to continue to this thread.

If you own an MX Sport, Whites will correct any issues free of charge under warranty.

If you don't own an MX Sport, you can check the SAT at the dealer before you buy.

If you are purchasing off the net, specifiy that you want a unit with the updated SAT and faceplate.

This thread is closed.

Fox Forum Moderator
July 21, 2016 02:08PM
Replies here or to any forum that are poorly worded, poorly punctuated, and often repeat themselves add to the confusion.
A bit more thought given to what someone is trying to say and then reading and re-reading the reply before hitting the Post Message button would go a long way toward reducing the confusion.

But there is one point about this issue that I admit to being confused about, genuinely, and that is the number of updates to the firmware.

Following the posts I viewed here and on Findmall (the White's forum is too biased and fan based to be a reliable source of any factual information), I think I remember it being said that the original SAT level was 8. Then a firmware patch was applied which reduced the SAT level to 6 but corrected some issues with tone smearing and low pinpoint volume. A 2nd firmware patch (3rd version if White's actually kept up with firmware patches) restored the SAT level to 8. Now White's says the original SAT level was 6 and there has only been one firmware patch which changed the SAT level to 8.

I have been told by White's employees that if a unit has SAT to 8, it has the latest firmware. What that does not account for is the fact that all the units I have received had SAT to 8 but did not have properly functioning VCO or AudMod. I listened by telephone to a demo unit my dealer received from White's as he turned on VCO and AudMod and swung over targets at varying distances and I heard with my own ears the actual change in pitch, on the one hand, and volume, on the other, that none of the machines White's sent me was capable of producing. So don't tell me that SAT to 8 denotes either the latest firmware or a properly functioning machine. White's appears to still be using obfuscation as a sales/marketing/customer service tool.

Wayne

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
July 21, 2016 02:24PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> I have been a member here for some years now.
>
> I have seen some worthy folks here like NASA Tom,
> Keith, Steve, Daniel, Monte and others.
>
> All have shared information about certain models
> detectors.
>
> Some have even posted detailed test data.
>
> Some have posted you tube links of their actual
> videos.
>
> I have never witnessed any one of the individuals
> above---- ever display when responding to a
> question concerning something they posted,,,,a
> shut up and color mentality.
>
> Rather they go into detail,,and share the actual
> whys behind what they have seen and heard using a
> detector.
>
> Kudos to all the folks on this forum who share
> their true experiences here,,,and I mean ALL.

Well mate your not alone, The type of responses people post are dependant to the mood / comments made, But one thing that burns my azz apart from a flame 3ft high, Is when someone tries to tell me everything is in the land of milk and honey, when I know what people are going through and I know what I have seen and I don't like it when valid comments get brushed aside with a pre-emptied answer, that every thing is coming up Roses,

Where Whites is having the most problems is because some folks said early in the piece what was wrong and they were correct in doing so, but those folks who knew no better started with the personal stuff accusing folks of knocking the machine, So Whites got back some really messed up feed back, Now Those folks that claimed it was all wonderful are now claiming the same issues that the other folks were saying in the first place, and Guess what, Whites are confused again because the defenders of the faith have done a complete About Face, This is not helping one bit and People like you TnSS who has been of the same mind set from the beginning are copping all the flak,

These people who have just changed their minds and realized that there is something wrong should think about it for a second, DON'T they think that the first Guys who noticed the problem just might of wanted their machine to be right Too and the fact is they were not knocking the machine they were merely pointing out the problems which lead to venting their frustration, And now the new complainers are seeing it for them selves, So instead of jumping down peoples throats for being honest maybe it might be a better idea to join forces and give Whites something to work with instead of leaving it up to just a few, that would help Whites fix it and get the owners out there swinging a coil.

Makes sense to me. cool smiley cool smiley
July 21, 2016 03:16PM
Wayne - I have been emailing with you back and forth, I think calling us directly is the best option at this point. Without looking or hearing what your first 3 detectors did as far as VCO, there is no way for me to comment on them. But I will gladly discuss it on the phone with you - that is a much more efficient means of troubleshooting since it involves real-time back and forth (and I can hear what your machine is doing).

If I'm out either testing machines or shooting video please leave me a message with a call-back # and I will get back to you ASAP.

Company policy is honesty. Always has been and always will be. It's easier that way.
July 21, 2016 03:36PM
Oregongregg Wrote:
> Been gone a few days and getting caught up on the
> post. I seen the pic that Khouse posted. Looks
> harmless, a couple folks around a wader pool.
> Their faces are blurred. I fail to see why Tboykin
> is upset. I almost bet that he was relieved to see
> that photo posted and used it as a means/excuse to
> not have to come back to this site and deal with
> the upset folks that bought a MX Sport.
>

Khouse blurred the faces out, thankfully. It was a picture of my friend and his daughter, which has no place in this thread. He and his family are a part of OUR family at White's, and seeing a charity event photo used against the company he loves... Easier to walk away from than let it get to me. But Kenny did the right thing in blurring the faces when I asked him to remove it. Kudos to him. Here's the kind of guy DJ is - DJ DIGS

I got a chin like a boxer, so I can take pretty much whatever you guys can dish out as long as it's directed at me or White's. But please leave my friends out of it. I won't egg on any trolling attempts, I'll ignore them for the most part as long is it doesn't get too personal. Also, be aware that I'm not here to blindly defend White's, but serve as an ear for the company. So the more specific your thoughts are, the better. If it's just "SMH White's, what happened" that doesn't give me anything I can take to people here. Because they are aware of the problem and are trying to fix it. Being on this forum is something extra I'm doing to try and help out the company I work for. Getting to hear your thoughts and coalesce them into something I can bring to management has been worth it. Nobody here asked me to get on the forums - that's personal initiative.

Maybe something we can do to get this thread back on track is- everyone who owns an MX Sport, post the first 4 of your SN and what issues you are experiencing. I know some of you don't own one, maybe sit this out for a couple posts so we can keep track of things. Then you can all pile back on once we get some data flowing.
July 21, 2016 03:49PM
Mine is on its way back from Oregon. Will report on it when it gets back.

Honesty is a good virtue to have. A better company slogan and mindset would be:

"Customer satisfaction through quality products and services.".
July 21, 2016 04:00PM
" So the more specific your thoughts are, the better."

I felt my response was. I know you can't say, "okay, we will do that", but I would like your opinion on those thoughts.
July 21, 2016 04:17PM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> " So the more specific your thoughts are, the
> better."
>
> I felt my response was. I know you can't say,
> "okay, we will do that", but I would like your
> opinion on those thoughts.

You mean your thoughts here?------

"Tones, firmware, cracks, and design failures. These issues need to be resolved. A, dare I say the word, recall of all MxSports that were made from the beginning to a certain point, needs to be implemented on the simple fact that, if you don't, people that DON'T normally use the forums, will start going on to the forums, and reporting old issues and start the whole process all over again.

I know this would cost a lot of money and time. But It will pay off in the long run as long as you do the second part which is:

Take a serious look at restructuring the companies practices and procedures.

For a long time, White's followed a formula and it held true. But times have changed. Now, in this day of the internet, people are just a few clicks away. Good news, or bad, can be sent to thousands of people in a matter of minutes. The metal detecting community is becoming one of the most intelligent and informed communities in it's history. Here are some changes, I would think that would really help the company:

Testing new equipment. I am sure there are testers there that put the equipment through their paces. However, there are independent users out there like Tom D and Kieth S, that are absolutely knowledgeable in this field to the point that, their information can influence in a positive or negative way, hundreds of users. Their input, as well as a few other core independent users, can help iron out a lot of issues.

Being up front and honest about issues, will also gain public trust. The days of, "keep it a secret and hope know one figures it out" are over. You can have hundreds of thousands people rate a product on Amazon, and they will figure it out just by reading reviews. I just bought a computer, I did weeks of research reading customer reviews for correlations. I saved myself time and money in the long run, thanks to people reviewing the products I was interested in. "

-------------------------

Personally -- agree for the most part. Your thoughts are well-thought out, logical (Spock-like almost), and very reasonable. First White's need to get handle on how big the problem is. Forums are such a small piece of the pie, and hard to get n idea of the scope because there are usually a few people who post very often. Some of these guys don't even own an MX Sport (they do, however, own lots of opinions!).That's why I want to know the first 4 of people's SN's and what problems they have. Let's use the forum to see what's out there. That's the initial purpose of this thread I think.
July 21, 2016 04:25PM
tboykin Wrote:

> Maybe something we can do to get this thread back
> on track is- everyone who owns an MX Sport, post
> the first 4 of your SN and what issues you are
> experiencing. I know some of you don't own one,
> maybe sit this out for a couple posts so we can
> keep track of things. Then you can all pile back
> on once we get some data flowing.

Why should people sit this one out, When most of them either own one or were going to buy one before it all went south and These are the people you are expecting to buy it or what ever Whites comes up with next, Most of us really wanted this machine and those that don't have one are waiting to see the end results before the let go of there hard earned cash, I use nothing but Whites even my damn headphones are Whites Prostars, and I also gave the MX-S a go too,

I think you might find that 99% of the people on this thread Do in fact own one and although I said I would not buy one I decided to give it a go, I did not like the fact that the pinpoint mode was some how variable depending where the gain is set to, So if you are in Tough ground and have to back off the gain the pinpoint mode will only have limited depth, And the Audio Mod was not right either.

Ya Can't reinvent the Wheel. Whites already did that back in 2000.
July 21, 2016 04:36PM
tboykin Wrote:
First White's need
> to get handle on how big the problem is.

No, first White's need to offer a full refund and send a shipping label to anyone that has bought one and want to return it. The machine is White's problem. Once Whites has the machine back they can address their problem without getting the consumer involved unless they want to be part of White's problem.

You jacked the consumer around enough so don't play the " let's work together " card on people that just wanted a detector and no problems. If you are not willing to do what I suggested here you are not serious about solving the problem you created.
July 21, 2016 04:49PM
I received mine back on 7/11 from being updated

No cracks before or after
Sat 6 with weak pinpoint before update

After update all is well other than Audio issues in Relic mode (all metal and disc channels in a battle) only and Modulated Audio in Disc Modes only. I posted those thoughts at the beginning of this thread.

first 4 of serial 6125

another serial I'm aware of is in the same Sat 6 state but isn't getting sent in until the dust settles. No cracks.

first 4 of serial 6097

these were both said to be updated straight from distributors recent shipment from middle of June.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2016 04:54PM by detectingMO.
July 21, 2016 05:23PM
My unit first four ser# 6125.
Has 8 levels of Sat.

Cracks on screen-- pic was posted earlier in this thread.

Unit has limited use.

I didn't inspect this unit for cracks (where they currently are) when I took possession of my unit.

Unit purchased 5-22-2016

As far as modulation, I Can't give an accurate fair assessment here,,,,cause I've never used a detector using it ( with it turned on).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2016 05:53PM by tnsharpshooter.
July 21, 2016 05:35PM
Forums are such a small piece of the pie, and hard to get n idea of the scope because there are usually a few people who post very often.-- tboykin
Let's use the forum to see what's out there.-- tboykin

Anybody see the problem here ?
July 21, 2016 05:51PM
Kemper94 Wrote:
> Forums are such a small piece of the pie, and hard
> to get n idea of the scope because there are
> usually a few people who post very often.--
> tboykin
> Let's use the forum to see what's out there.--
> tboykin
>
>
> Anybody see the problem here ?

Oops! Missed an "A," sorry about that. Should be "hard to get AN idea." I will leave it as-is in the original message. It's good evidence that I'm not perfect!
July 21, 2016 05:51PM
Kemper94 Wrote:
> Forums are such a small piece of the pie, and hard
> to get n idea of the scope because there are
> usually a few people who post very often.--
> tboykin
> Let's use the forum to see what's out there.--
> tboykin
>
>
> Anybody see the problem here ?

Why should there be any problem your Goal is the same as ours, All we wanted was a fair crack of the whip, I think you are spot On.
July 21, 2016 05:54PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:

>
> As far as modulation, I Can't give an accurate
> fair assessment here,,,,cause I've never used a
> detector using it ( with it turned on).

But you have and do. Racer, Racer 2, Deus, etc